Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

50 push ups in a row- I can almost get 40 last time I tried fresh, will have 50 by the end of the year

10 pull ups in a row- 4-5 on a good day, I'll get it by the end of the year

Bench press his body weight 10 times- 1RM last time I checked, 5x5ing about 85% of it though

Press 75% of his body weight overhead 5 times- Maybe once, this one is gonna be tough.

Deadlift 1.5 times his body weight 5 times- Got it

Squat his body weight 10 times- 7-8 times I know I can get, not 10 yet

Run a 5k in under 24 minutes- Best time is around 30 minutes, 3.12 miles. After this race this will be my main running goal.

Hike for many hours with a 30-pound backpack- 30 lbs?- I'm guessing yeah, hiking isn't my thing

Touch his toes- after I run, yeah, gotta warm up first.

would you guys use a men's guild?

I don't know if the forum could withstand a whole board of this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

And now, sample discussion.

"Bacon?"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs."

"Boobs! :D"

"Squats?"

"Boobs?"

"Not boobs, squats."

"Awww. Squats."

"Bench!"

"More bench!"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs?"

"Fine, boobs."

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

"Bacon?"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs."

"Squats?"

"Boobs?"

"Not boobs, squats."

"Awww. Squats."

"Bench!"

"More bench!"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs?"

"Fine, boobs."

Boobs and squats=lady butts

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I never evaluated myself against these. I haven't been hitting the weight room so I'm sure I'm off on all those tests. Flexibility is the only thing where I really excel right now and even that I feel limited. So, lots of room for improvement and n00b gainz!

50 push ups in a row - No - About 30 last I checked

10 pull ups in a row - No I'm at 5 on a good day

Bench press his body weight 10 times - No At my strongest

my 1RM was probably close to 1xBW

Press 75% of his body weight overhead 5 times No

Deadlift 1.5 times his body weight 5 times No

Squat his body weight 10 times No

Run a 5k in under 24 minutes - No - 27:13 is my best lately, though it wasn't race pace. Will test this for realz next week during the Rebel Running Festival

Hike for many hours with a 30-pound backpack Probably?

Touch his toes Definitely

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

would you guys use a men's guild?

Probably, although this thread would diminish in epicness.

"Bacon?"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs."

"Squats?"

"Boobs?"

"Not boobs, squats."

"Awww. Squats."

"Bench!"

"More bench!"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs?"

"Fine, boobs."

You forgot to mention dead lifts right after "Not boobs, squats". It is the natural order of things.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest Snake McClain

"Bacon?"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs."

"Squats?"

"Boobs?"

"Not boobs, squats."

"Awww. Squats."

"Bench!"

"More bench!"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs?"

"Fine, boobs."

pretty much.

Boobs and squats=lady butts

definitely.

Probably, although this thread would diminish in epicness.

the only reason i wouldn't want a guild right there. But then that is just me being selfish because i started this thread and since it's about all men I would have to suck it up and let this one die. :(

"Bacon?"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs."

"Squats?"

"Boobs?"

"Not boobs, squats."

"Awww. Squats."

"Bench!"

"More bench!"

"Bacon!"

"Boobs?"

"Fine, boobs."

Don't forget

"30lbs = 1 inch!"

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

deadlifts remind me of the "jersey turnpike" [the dance]... not hatin'... just a casual observation... doing the "turnpike" in 8" heels has gotta be up there with pullups in the pantheon of major compound exercises...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

deadlifts remind me of the "jersey turnpike" [the dance]... not hatin'... just a casual observation... doing the "turnpike" in 8" heels has gotta be up there with pullups in the pantheon of compound exercises...

Hmm I would agree with you on RDLs or good mornings. The bottom position is similar in all three cases :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

deadlifts remind me of the "jersey turnpike" [the dance]... not hatin'... just a casual observation... doing the "turnpike" in 8" heels has gotta be up there with pullups in the pantheon of major compound exercises...
Hmm I would agree with you on RDLs or good mornings. The bottom position is similar in all three cases :)
and the shakin' works all the stabilizer muscles... good for balance and flex too...

Huh!?! What is going on here?!?! Confused...

goggle: "deanna jersey turnpike"

Should I be concerned? I'm at work, but the signs have me worried..."dance", '8" heels', "all the shakin'", the fact this is a Men's Only thread.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

50 push ups in a row - Check, got a water bottle from the Marine recruiter for doing this. Had two pretty girls watching the whole time for motivation :P

10 pull ups in a row - Check

Bench press his body weight 10 times - Quite nearly, my max is 95 and my body weight is currently 125... but I just started benching

Press 75% of his body weight overhead 5 times - Not even close, I rep 30 pounds 10 times

Deadlift 1.5 times his body weight 5 times - Still trying to get someone to help me with my form problem (getting lower back pain from these)

Squat his body weight 10 times - Only 80 pounds so far :(

Run a 5k in under 24 minutes. - 8 minutes per mile right now, so I'm close

Hike for many hours with a 30-pound backpack - Never tried it

Touch his toes - Touch the floor, nearly full splits and spreads.. yea martial arts!

50 push ups in a row

10 pull ups in a row

Bench press his body weight 10 times

Press 75% of his body weight overhead 5 times

Deadlift 1.5 times his body weight 5 times

Squat his body weight 10 times

Run a 5k in under 24 minutes.

Hike for many hours with a 30-pound backpack

Touch his toes

Heh, these will be the standards I'll try to aim for, especially touching my toes, my entire life and I've never been able to do it! :dispirited: Anyone have any tips on that?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Heh, these will be the standards I'll try to aim for, especially touching my toes, my entire life and I've never been able to do it! :dispirited: Anyone have any tips on that?

Bend your knees :tongue:

Sorry can't help, I will never be able to touch my toes. It is just not in my genes.

Bend your knees :tongue:

Sorry can't help, I will never be able to touch my toes. It is just not in my genes.

Of course! It's SO simpl--- HEY! Wait a minute!!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Just keep stretching the hammys every day. I could do it after about a year of trying.

500 / 330 / 625

Yes touch your toes. And run fast. But the comparison between bench, squat, n deadlift seems a little off... They usually go by the 3/4/5 rule.

As is, perfect muscle balance will get; bench is 3/5 your deadlift, squat is 4/5 your deadlift, deadlift obviously 5/5. The numbers given put your bench and squat 1RM at 1.33 X BW, and deadlift at 1.76.

Sounds like Steve's a big believe in big chests ;)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

50 push ups in a row - Probably

10 pull ups in a row - 6 max

Bench press his body weight 10 times - no problem

Press 75% of his body weight overhead 5 times - no problem

Deadlift 1.5 times his body weight 5 times - not yet, but it's in sight

Squat his body weight 10 times - yep

Run a 5k in under 24 minutes. - in my dreams. 3 years ago the best I got was 30:30....

Hike for many hours with a 30-pound backpack - probably. Biggest issue would probably be my ankles.

Touch his toes - no problem

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker