Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

...wait did you just say something about his wife's boobs?

Yes, I believe he did. A duel sir!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Longswords at dawn!

Whoa, deja vu.

HA! You're telling me!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

51s7kRjlGBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Even Ah-nold was only able to play it in the movies...

My wife wishes i could be the pregnant one.... nuff said. no more children.

As far as i can see, nothing of value has been removed.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Guest Snake McClain

okay. man issue. so...i get this...i don't know what it is but it's between my thighs up near my man sack. its like...jock itch sort of but it doesn't itch that bad. just red and irritated and ONLY right there. no matter how i wash or whatever..its like chafing i guess. i dunno. hard to describe. anyone else have this issue and what do you do about it? the only thing i can think of is to put some vasoline there or something???

okay. man issue. so...i get this...i don't know what it is but it's between my thighs up near my man sack. its like...jock itch sort of but it doesn't itch that bad. just red and irritated and ONLY right there. no matter how i wash or whatever..its like chafing i guess. i dunno. hard to describe. anyone else have this issue and what do you do about it? the only thing i can think of is to put some vasoline there or something???

Could be all manner of things. Heat rash is quite possible - try looser underwear and see if that helps. Is it just in one patch or is it all round? One nasty possibility could be scabies. I had an ex that was a little, um, careless in that regard. Not exactly the sort of thing I want to share in a relationship.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

One thing I've found is if you consistently sit with your laptop on your, well, lap, the heat from the battery can be enough to cause something similar to jock itch. Could that be a possibility?

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

GODDAMMIT BRUCE I got so confused by the name change...

Anyways, is it the skin thats irritated or under that? Cuz under that is the urethra I think... and it could be an infection.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain

hahha sorry for the name change. just introducing the world to my super hero wrestler alter ego.

Okay so...its on my thighs. way upper part though. red and...not really itchy until like i start to wash. not a rash. not bums. just two big red areas (one on each leg). act as if man parts weren't there (so yeah a ken doll) and imagine just two big red slightly irritated areas. I think it could be the underwear thing. i wear boxer briefs so it could be that for sure. No laptop so that isn't the issue. i'm sort of just...stumped. it doesn't itch or bother me through the day, only when it's shower time and the hot water get's on there. LIke i have one of those shower heads with the hose so i can pick it up and move it around and spray my back and underarms and the like and when i get to spraying below it gets really irritated.

I'm new here, but if I may jump in...

If you feel like you're not quite ready to see a dermatologist about it, my guess is that it's either Tinea cruris (jock itch, which can present as red patches around the groin) or perhaps atopic dermatitis (a.k.a. eczema).

Since you have it on both sides, it really sounds like jock itch. For jock itch...well, I'm pretty sure you know how to treat that. My personal favorite is Lamisil cream, but Lotrimin is good as well.

If it doesn't respond well to that, it might be dermatitis (a general inflammation of the skin, often brought on by stress). This is an odd place for dermatitis, though. You can try 1% hydrocortisone cream or ointment (topical steroid) for a few days (reapply it at night). I've had patches like this before on other areas of my body, but then I'm 50 and I'm starting to get Old Man Skin. :-)

Heck, there's nothing to stop you from using both. I would try applying the creams at different times to give each a chance to work its magic separately. BTW I am NOT a doctor, but I know a thing or two about skin problems. If you have any more questions, you might want to check out the Wikipedia entries for "Tinea cruris" and "Eczema."

And let us know how it turns out. :-)

Curt

Guest Snake McClain
I'm new here, but if I may jump in...

If you feel like you're not quite ready to see a dermatologist about it, my guess is that it's either Tinea cruris (jock itch, which can present as red patches around the groin) or perhaps atopic dermatitis (a.k.a. eczema).

Since you have it on both sides, it really sounds like jock itch. For jock itch...well, I'm pretty sure you know how to treat that. My personal favorite is Lamisil cream, but Lotrimin is good as well.

If it doesn't respond well to that, it might be dermatitis (a general inflammation of the skin, often brought on by stress). This is an odd place for dermatitis, though. You can try 1% hydrocortisone cream or ointment (topical steroid) for a few days (reapply it at night). I've had patches like this before on other areas of my body, but then I'm 50 and I'm starting to get Old Man Skin. :-)

Heck, there's nothing to stop you from using both. I would try applying the creams at different times to give each a chance to work its magic separately. BTW I am NOT a doctor, but I know a thing or two about skin problems. If you have any more questions, you might want to check out the Wikipedia entries for "Tinea cruris" and "Eczema."

And let us know how it turns out. :-)

Curt

thanks for chiming in. i'm really thinking it's jock itch. i will try said ointment. :D

It's possible that, if you take really hot showers and concentrate on that area, the skin is just drying out. Try Scottish showers and see if that helps, maybe?

i do take freakishly hot showers. i do the scottish shower from time to time but not often. perhaps i should.

I get it when I wear cotton boxer briefs that rub when I run, but not as far up as you're describing I don't think. Those tight champion spandexy ones fixed it as they don't rub at all.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain
I get it when I wear cotton boxer briefs that rub when I run, but not as far up as you're describing I don't think. Those tight champion spandexy ones fixed it as they don't rub at all.

Thing is I don't do ANY running. Ever. So yeah. Don't know. I could take a photo...

Thing is I don't do ANY running. Ever. So yeah. Don't know. I could take a photo...

That's ok. If you need a visual review, a real dr is a better choice.... Remember, this forum does show up on Google...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Guest Snake McClain

So here's something I think pertains to mostly (not exclusively I'm sure) to us dudes...

Usually when I'm around a bunch of guys I respect in a certain...I guess we can call it field I get nervous. Like I don't deserve to be there because I'm not on their level. Its obviously a confidence issue (me ck.Rosenfeld issues? No way). It causes me to speak quieter. Not chime in as often. Or speak up really at all. I've been working at getting over this with some success. Have you fellas experienced this? What have you done to get over it?

So here's something I think pertains to mostly (not exclusively I'm sure) to us dudes...

Usually when I'm around a bunch of guys I respect in a certain...I guess we can call it field I get nervous. Like I don't deserve to be there because I'm not on their level. Its obviously a confidence issue (me ck.Rosenfeld issues? No way). It causes me to speak quieter. Not chime in as often. Or speak up really at all. I've been working at getting over this with some success. Have you fellas experienced this? What have you done to get over it?

Oh yeah I get this all the time. It always makes me feel as if they are going to turn to me and figure out I don't know jack. I have two approaches: 1) A slightly more cocky attitude to hide the nerves, 2) A few shots of whiskey/tequila to calm me down. The second one is an extreme solution but produces funny results during hte work day.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest Snake McClain
Oh yeah I get this all the time. It always makes me feel as if they are going to turn to me and figure out I don't know jack. I have two approaches: 1) A slightly more cocky attitude to hide the nerves, 2) A few shots of whiskey/tequila to calm me down. The second one is an extreme solution but produces funny results during hte work day.

I think solution 2 is the best. :D

Guest Snake McClain
What is the certain... field, I guess we could call it?

well really anything. But for example when I meet new wrestlers. I travel a bit for shows (i'm not even having matches just going and helping out and setting up and getting myself networked with the wrestlers i'm already pals with) and i meet people and I feel I don't belong. These people have done a ton. Or at work. Just in the insurance office I meet people and know I don't fit their standard of...whatever. or I feel like i don't belong here because i'm not as accomplished or something as them. Or christmas parties with work...or...all that. like i see these guys as "real men" without knowing them and i get all insecure. the only thing helping me is my trainign and lifting. it's helped me feel like i've earned things more than they have perhaps.

I think everyone feels this way sometimes. I work all the time with experienced engineers from, among other schools, MIT and Georgia Tech. Being a relatively new, inexperienced state school guy this can lead to a bit of a feeling of inferiority. Fortunately with my increased experience I feel a lot more confident and know that I am on par with these guys. They are my colleagues, after all.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I get like that all the time. I've always been a loner, watch from the shadows kid of guy, so most social situations, especially groups, make me less confident. I'm fine if it is only two or three other people, but any more than that and I'm the weird quiet guy. The only time I can get away from my lack of confidence is either when it is a group of mostly people I know, or if I'm just in one of those "I don't care about anything anymore" moods and I just do whatever feels right before I even have time to think about it.

well really anything. But for example ... I feel like i don't belong here because i'm not as accomplished or something as them.

That is a really big one for me. I hung around here for a while before I created an account, and even longer before I actually attempted to join a thread. I've noticed I'm kinda using this community as a self-help therapy of sorts with the group anxiety.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1