Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain

I know how to body slam (see pro wrestling training).

I have a man woot! A big one.

So this lady I've been seeing...well since we met we've seen eachother about every two or three days. And today we were discussing things we look for I'm a long term relationship. Ans when I was sort of going down my list I was not only describing what I look for but how I would expect "her" to let me be. In regard to leadership in the family and this and that. Discipline and education with the kids or what have you. She just stared at me for a second and said, "you're so manly. You know exactly what you want and how your family should interact. It makes me feel safe and comfortable putting my son and I in your hands."

For the first time in my life I have been called manly. -__-

And by a cute girl too! You sir are Man of the Day!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4267[/ATTACH]

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

So this lady I've been seeing...well since we met we've seen eachother about every two or three days. And today we were discussing things we look for I'm a long term relationship. Ans when I was sort of going down my list I was not only describing what I look for but how I would expect "her" to let me be. In regard to leadership in the family and this and that. Discipline and education with the kids or what have you. She just stared at me for a second and said, "you're so manly. You know exactly what you want and how your family should interact. It makes me feel safe and comfortable putting my son and I in your hands."

tumblr_lxm42jDezt1qc6l8s.gif

tumblr_lxm42jDezt1qc6l8s.gif

Teddy approves; can't get much better than that!

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Nice Bruce!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

But when do we get to meet her?

I joke I joke. I don't think anyone here has SO's on NF besides wildross.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

So, to combat my growing obsession with League of Legends I am doing 5 push-ups for every death, and 5 seconds of plank for every kill and assist from the previous day before I am allowed to log-in the next day.

I think this is a good plan.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4277[/ATTACH]

This is Brilliant! I will have to apply this to BF3 as well. What is your name summoner? (If you would like to play together)

post-1764-13567244260511_thumb.jpg

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Gentleman, let me tell you a story, so you can learn from my mistakes, and never ever ever ever repeat them.

So my two best friends (both female) come to my work this afternoon to go to lunch with me. While we were sitting at Denny's and eating, one of them gets up to go to the restroom. As she walks past two guys sitting at the table next to us turn to watch her leave. My friend that was with me (the one I really like) muttered to herself "I wish I was that beautiful so guys would do that to me". What I wanted to say, and should have said, was "There is no definition of the word Beauty that does not include you" but what came out was "they do." (Yes, you may facepalm now). She shoots me this look that just screams "wrong answer.". Realizing what just happened all I can say is "uhhhhh" when the waitress (thankfully) came over and asked if we wanted any desert. My now torked off friend immediately answered "Of course! I want this and that." (As always, I never make them pay for themselves, and I cover the check.) Yeah. So lets recap, I had the opportunity to let this girl know how much I care about her, but instead I just ended up looking like a douche. Guys, never do this.

Gentleman, let me tell you a story, so you can learn from my mistakes, and never ever ever ever repeat them.

So my two best friends (both female) come to my work this afternoon to go to lunch with me. While we were sitting at Denny's and eating, one of them gets up to go to the restroom. As she walks past two guys sitting at the table next to us turn to watch her leave. My friend that was with me (the one I really like) muttered to herself "I wish I was that beautiful so guys would do that to me". What I wanted to say, and should have said, was "There is no definition of the word Beauty that does not include you" but what came out was "they do." (Yes, you may facepalm now). She shoots me this look that just screams "wrong answer.". Realizing what just happened all I can say is "uhhhhh" when the waitress (thankfully) came over and asked if we wanted any desert. My now torked off friend immediately answered "Of course! I want this and that." (As always, I never make them pay for themselves, and I cover the check.) Yeah. So lets recap, I had the opportunity to let this girl know how much I care about her, but instead I just ended up looking like a douche. Guys, never do this.

IMHO - easy peasy

make a point next work day to walk up to her, look her straight in the eye and say "I said "they do" but I meant "I do" then walk away, no explainarition, no qualifiers, just say it and leave. Women mull things over constantly, let it brew in her head and be ready for the questions (e.g. - "what did you mean when you said" etc.). Stand tall, this in your time.

Either she comes back and asks you what you meant which means she's intererested or you've broached the subject and she's not interested which leaves you ahead in the long run (although slightly embaressed in the short run).

again, simply my $0.02

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Guest Snake McClain

The next time you see her you walk up to her (as killer griller mentioned) and tell her that when she said "I wish I was that beautiful" what you wanted to say was....and then say EXACTLY what you wanted to say. NO MORE. NO LESS

I agree with both approaches! Go for it, JC! We're rooting for you!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Gee if I am not careful you guys, I just might end up getting a date (or making a fool of myself) :P

Thanks guys, but I am long since friend zoned with this girl. I could probably attempt to get myself out of it, but I dunno if I wanna go for it. My social life outside of these two is slim to none, and if I make it awkward then that will majorly backfire. Or I could man up and do it. Or I could be comfortable with where I am at. Or maybe I talk myself out of things a lot. If only I could communicate with my mind. I am so freaking suave in my mind they named a shampoo after me, but when I open my mouth, well you all remember my story :P

I'll tell you what. I'll consider it.

Did you not see how we hazed and goaded Bruce into asking the cute girl in his life? There's nothing to say that you won't suffer the same fate.

Or I could man up and do it.

Be a Man. That's the whole point of this thread, so we can be Manly Nerds!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

, then read the following:

Nothing can be gained without risk, and the greater the risk, the greater the gain. This isn't about temporary matters which will only be part of your life for a short while, but a much greater subject: who are you going to be? Are you going to be a boy that sits in the corner and says "no, that looks unsafe" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Or are you going to be a man, who does not shy away from challenge, but rather embraces it, that says "yes" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Are you going to be the man that all people around aspire to be, who has got all he desires and conquered his dreams through hard work and intelligent training? Or are you going to be the boy that has never experienced what hard work is and whose dreams remained just that, dreams? Are you going to be the man that can protect his wife and children when shit hits the fan? Or are you going to be the boy that doesn't have a family for fear of not being able to protect them? Are you going to be the man that does not flaunt the results of his hard work, but carries them with dignity? Or are you going to be the boy that flaunts his inconsequential victories, gained through strokes of luck? Are you going to be the man that realizes that pain is only a temporary thing and can bring great rewards? Or are you going to be the boy that stays away from all pain and does not know what great rewards it brings?

So today, I will ask you this question: Are you going to be a boy? Or are you going to be a man?

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Guest Snake McClain
Gee if I am not careful you guys, I just might end up getting a date (or making a fool of myself) :P

Thanks guys, but I am long since friend zoned with this girl. I could probably attempt to get myself out of it, but I dunno if I wanna go for it. My social life outside of these two is slim to none, and if I make it awkward then that will majorly backfire. Or I could man up and do it. Or I could be comfortable with where I am at. Or maybe I talk myself out of things a lot. If only I could communicate with my mind. I am so freaking suave in my mind they named a shampoo after me, but when I open my mouth, well you all remember my story :P

I'll tell you what. I'll consider it.

If you do not do this you will look back later when it is far too late to do anything about it and I promise you, you WILL regret it. You absolutely will. It will haunt you until the day you die. This woman is your friend and you have many shared experiences. Now start making those experiences emotional and romantic.

Did you not see how we hazed and goaded Bruce into asking the cute girl in his life? There's nothing to say that you won't suffer the same fate.

Be a Man. That's the whole point of this thread, so we can be Manly Nerds!

See I asked the girl that everyone hounded me about..well i was going to until I met her boyfriend. But that just set the stage for confidence in me. I now have someone I've been dating for a couple weeks (we see eachother literally every other day) and she is wonderful. I'm hoping for good things but that's neither here nor there. The important thing is I stepped up and did my fucking job as the man and grew some balls of confidence (confi-balls? ballidence?) and now things are rocking.

, then read the following:

Nothing can be gained without risk, and the greater the risk, the greater the gain. This isn't about temporary matters which will only be part of your life for a short while, but a much greater subject: who are you going to be? Are you going to be a boy that sits in the corner and says "no, that looks unsafe" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Or are you going to be a man, who does not shy away from challenge, but rather embraces it, that says "yes" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Are you going to be the man that all people around aspire to be, who has got all he desires and conquered his dreams through hard work and intelligent training? Or are you going to be the boy that has never experienced what hard work is and whose dreams remained just that, dreams? Are you going to be the man that can protect his wife and children when shit hits the fan? Or are you going to be the boy that doesn't have a family for fear of not being able to protect them? Are you going to be the man that does not flaunt the results of his hard work, but carries them with dignity? Or are you going to be the boy that flaunts his inconsequential victories, gained through strokes of luck? Are you going to be the man that realizes that pain is only a temporary thing and can bring great rewards? Or are you going to be the boy that stays away from all pain and does not know what great rewards it brings?

So today, I will ask you this question: Are you going to be a boy? Or are you going to be a man?

Okay seriously Two things. 1) This needs to be featured on a NF article soon. 2) I stole this and posted it on my facebook page. Fucking awesome, "Digits".

Moving to Florida. Going to college for film and cinematography at 27. Deciding to finally follow my dreams and make some amazing movies.

Its true that the greater risk you make can most of the time bring the greatest rewards.

I'll grab that Man Card by the ass and take flight into my own world.

Damn Straight