Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain
At least you have one 8[
What a jerk!

That's total bullshit of her to be doing that!

On another note, what Damy said, at least you have a dating life. I'm still getting over my awkardness/anxiety to go out for a night. So good for you in putting yourself out there!

Well i only met her because a friend introduced us. I asked her about why she was thinking of setting us up and she said she thought I could get her out of a rut with a bad guy. Like geez I guess I'm just some white knight martyr for women? lol wtf?

Seriously though this has been the extent of my dating for about 6 months. before that it was my divorce so...yeah i wouldn't say i have much of a dating "life" to speak of. lol

Don't let my crap story put you down. I just have a bad draw of women around me and a small social circle. going out with the guys is a good way to relax and enjoy yourself and when that is the case women are attracted to you. so...maybe keep that in mind.

Umm....we're all nerds here (I have a spiderman avatar for crying out loud)....I can't imagine many of us are very 'forward' with women. I met my wife through a mutual friend.....best way to meet people

For Collin....I will level up my life with the lessons you taught me

My attempt at a blog: just54days.wordpress.com

Battle Log: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?5775-MacNip-s-Growing-Up-(Hopefully)

Guest Snake McClain
Hmmm...I wonder how the ladies on this board feel about this topic? I feel a NF singles dating page/guild coming on.

there was discussion about something like this once before and AJ rock i think said that he's seen fitness forums get ruined by dating on the site. so...eh. but it isn't an AWFUL idea. just...could be treachorous.

Umm....we're all nerds here (I have a spiderman avatar for crying out loud)....I can't imagine many of us are very 'forward' with women. I met my wife through a mutual friend.....best way to meet people

I was quite forward in my day. Wife still refers to me as man-whore. Oh to be young again.

College ruled.

Timeline of a fitness forum that started dating posts:

- first comes the inoccuous singles profile description. Meets with some success. People take note.

- Moar profiles show up as thread starters. Membership increases due to desire to respond.

- recruit introductions now read like singles profiles. Responses are mixed fitness help and offers of sweet lovin'.

- People now join solely for the purpose of meeting someone romantically. A significant portion of all threads are dedicated to either meeting someone, or asking HOW to meet someone

- Increased membership of non-NF following people dilutes board with bro-science and chick-mag advice. NF now resembles MFP.

I don't have anything AGAINST meeting people; as Steve mentioned in a post, people HAVE shacked up through NF. I just think it should be maintained as a... discretion, if you will. Shouting out your marital status at the top of your internet lungs will send us in the wrong direction.

That's just my 2 cents though. I wouldn't boycott NF by any means, but I would predict a 'I told you so' at some point in the future :P

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Sorry for the double post, but that website doctornerdlove.com - he's spot on. For you blokes having trouble, listen to what the man has to say.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Sorry for the double post, but that website doctornerdlove.com - he's spot on. For you blokes having trouble, listen to what the man has to say.

My trouble with the multiple girls happened because I started listening to Dr. Nerdlove (since resolved, one will stay with friendly flirting, one neither of us were interested after a lack of chemistry on a couple of dates, third, I'll be bowling with tonight, and maybe going to a party with tomorrow).

My trouble with the multiple girls happened because I started listening to Dr. Nerdlove (since resolved, one will stay with friendly flirting, one neither of us were interested after a lack of chemistry on a couple of dates, third, I'll be bowling with tonight, and maybe going to a party with tomorrow).

Trouble? Make sure you let him know how much trouble his damn advice is causing you :P

Trouble? Make sure you let him know how much trouble his damn advice is causing you :P

Well, I'm down to zero now and pretty bummed out, because I thought that for one time since second grade I'd have someone 'special' for Valentine's Day (no, seriously, I was elementary school 'dating' this girl in second grade. I guess I started early).

Then she moved away, and despite the teacher requirement in third grade that we give Valentine's cards to everyone, you taped candy to the cards for the people who were really your good friends...

I got 0 pieces of candy. :(

Well, I'm down to zero now and pretty bummed out, because I thought that for one time since second grade I'd have someone 'special' for Valentine's Day (no, seriously, I was elementary school 'dating' this girl in second grade. I guess I started early).

Then she moved away, and despite the teacher requirement in third grade that we give Valentine's cards to everyone, you taped candy to the cards for the people who were really your good friends...

I got 0 pieces of candy. :(

I think the vast majority of guys here are familiar with your sentiments.

Don't get bummed out though! It's a step in the right direction! You don't expect to drop 10 lbs of fat overnight, or gain 20 in muscle in a week. Getting good with women/finding one you reaaaaally care about takes time and effort! Just hang in there!

Guest Snake McClain

you guys are killing me.

And ATALAN I'd say if you had three girls at one time...EVER that is a good solid thing bud. I'm deciding to look at dating as narrowing out the playing field. Hoping that I don't become too jaded though. If that happens I won't be a nice man for long.

doctornerdlove.com??? I'll have to invistigate further *rorschach voice*

you guys are killing me.

And ATALAN I'd say if you had three girls at one time...EVER that is a good solid thing bud. I'm deciding to look at dating as narrowing out the playing field. Hoping that I don't become too jaded though. If that happens I won't be a nice man for long.

doctornerdlove.com??? I'll have to invistigate further *rorschach voice*

Don't get too picky in those that you give a shot. I have a friend that way and she hasn't had a 2nd date in something like 6 years.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain
Don't get too picky in those that you give a shot. I have a friend that way and she hasn't had a 2nd date in something like 6 years.

Well after this catastrophe with the single (but not really single) mom, i ended up talking to an old friend. we are going out tomorrow night for a sort of super casual yet still valentines date. It was that easy. We talked. just as friends. and then she said sort of was complaining about dating crappy guys. so i said well maybe you should go out with me. So we are. that easy. Once again it shows that if a woman is interested no matter what her circumstances (and believe me this is a busy woman who owns 2 buisness of her own and is an architect) she will make time. Proving yet again single mom was just fucking around.

And I have now been reading through the back posts of Dr. Nerdlove.....my Friday is now wasted :-) So far, I like what I'm reading.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*