Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Guest Snake McClain
Wow!! What an epic accomplishment.. I read this thread from 0 to here all in one morning!!! I've had so many opinions on so many different things throughout this journey that now I have no idea what to say :-P

I'm relatively new to NF, so gimme a little while to get comfortable in these surroundings. Then I'm sure I'll chime in on every topic!

go ahead and chime in duder. no reason to wait to get comfortable.

I also admit that I do not drink, on a blue moon special occasion I'll take a shot of something, but I won't drink for 99% of the time, when I'm out with friends and family. I just don't like the taste of Alcohol, and despite the claims of "Oh you don't really taste it" I always seem to. Oh well, at least my bros get a permanent DD. :P

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Okay so I have a "man only" confession...

A little over a week ago I was in the midst of a workout and was doing some dumbbell bicep curls, and I felt something 'give' down below. It was super sore the rest of the day and the next, and I gave it the rest of the week to see if it would get better. Unfortunately, it didn't.

So, today I went to the dr and it was inconclusive whether it's a hernia or a deep sprain. So tomorrow I go to get a sonogram to find out. My gut (no pun intended) tells me it's a hernia because I've never experienced anything like this before and it's not getting any better. It only hurts a bit, but I am walking gingerly and if I do something like a pushup I can feel the strain build up.

I have now gone a week and a half without a workout, which is driving me completely crazy. I have all of this excess energy and no real outlet for it. Anyway, all I can do now is wait and see what's up. Yikes...

Actually my money'z on deep sprain, if nothing visible shows up. Hernias tend to be... visible. sometimes disturbingly so.

Sorry bout your luck mate.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain

I actually got the same pain deadlifting. My doctor checked and said there is no protrusion so its either a good very minor hernia or an abdominal tear. I was deadlifting and he said ti back the weight off. Instead I went a week and didn't deadlift at all. Last night I got angst and tried it again. Felt fine *shrug*. Anyway I don't reccomend you follow my path but buddy it could be a minor hernia. Or it could be a tear. How far and where on you does it hurt? My doc said that if it was a hernia its so minor nothing could be done until a protrusion arrived.

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I just got back from getting an ultrasound, and.... hernia-ville! She said it was a genetic defect and sort of one of those things that may or may not manifest itself one day. Good times. So, next week it's off to the surgeon I go for a consult. Oh well, just one of those things I gotta deal with, but it does suck that I'll be out of commission for several weeks. Meh.

Thanks for the nice words, guys. I just got back from getting an ultrasound, and.... hernia-ville! She said it was a genetic defect and sort of one of those things that may or may not manifest itself one day. Good times. So, next week it's off to the surgeon I go for a consult. Oh well, just one of those things I gotta deal with, but it does suck that I'll be out of commission for several weeks. Meh.

Definitely want to get this thoroughly checked. I had a pastor that developed a small hernia at about 35 years old. When it was checked, he was found to have a genetic defect, which explained why an uncle had split open and died in the field. Dr said it could happen "anytime". He was fine afterward and went back to power lifting.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Definitely want to get this thoroughly checked. I had a pastor that developed a small hernia at about 35 years old. When it was checked, he was found to have a genetic defect, which explained why an uncle had split open and died in the field. Dr said it could happen "anytime". He was fine afterward and went back to power lifting.

I didn't know hernias could do that...

Or you could save the duct tape and just rub some dirt on it and walk it off.

I appreciate all of the practical, money-saving suggestions such as these! I have also looked into whether I can just rent a laparoscope by the hour and do it myself. I mean, how hard can it be, right?

I appreciate all of the practical, money-saving suggestions such as these! I have also looked into whether I can just rent a laparoscope by the hour and do it myself. I mean, how hard can it be, right?

See...that should be added to the man card a few pages back: "Performing your own surgeries!"

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

after reading the past 8 or so posts all i can do is laugh.

Agreed.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Oh man, I forgot about the fat loss increasing penor size. I heard it's like every 30 lbs gives an extra inch or something. Hopes and dreams are the only thing I have to support this fact by the way, nothing scientific at all.

Prepare for some N=1. Earlier in this same thread I mentioned that my wife said I've gained inches thanks to losing weight. I can't say she's wrong. I was never a measurer no a large scale, but even I can tell the difference. I'd say I gained an inch or two and I've lost .... umm ... a lot. Like a hundred pounds, but YMMV. hard to say how much of that is real gain and how much of that is "it sure is easier to use this thing without a tube in the way!"

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Guest Snake McClain
Prepare for some N=1. Earlier in this same thread I mentioned that my wife said I've gained inches thanks to losing weight. I can't say she's wrong. I was never a measurer no a large scale, but even I can tell the difference. I'd say I gained an inch or two and I've lost .... umm ... a lot. Like a hundred pounds, but YMMV. hard to say how much of that is real gain and how much of that is "it sure is easier to use this thing without a tube in the way!"

awesome man! let's hear it for bigger wieners!