Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I've gone as that for Hallowe'en more than a few times :D No-one ever gets it, though.

I have no idea what my BP/DL/WHATEVER numbers are, I don't have access to a gym right now. This summer maybe, when I get myself out of the craphole of my current physical state I'll take some better measurements.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

345 1x5 yesterday. My back is sore today, but I'm pretty sure that's more from squats and romanian deadlifts than the straight deads. I don't know how I'm going to golf in half an hour.

Don't hurt the little white ball. How far can you drive it?

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

DL - 5x375

Squat - 3x5 @ 255

Bench - 3x5 @170

;)

So back to the "everyone can be special at something" idea for Thrillho...

I'm at

Dead 315

Squat 295

Bench 315

and dumbbell rows, 3 sets of 6 with 115# dumbbell (what???? That means when ladywildross hits her goals, I can pick her up with one hand...). And my arms don't look very big. I'm eyeing the 125# dumbbells at the end of the rack wondering what I use after I toss those guys around a few times. And it is just ULTRA cool to see the young body builders struggling with 60# dumbbells. I also do over head extensions with those (standing, two hands, lower the weight behind my head).

I remember thinking I'd never be able to benchpress 225#, and having that as my 'big' goal. I'm never going to catch Spezzy on the deadlift ratio (probably, I'll be close to 500#). But she is way behind me on the bench ratio...

I think it does help to have one thing that you can be really good at. Sort of your 'go to move'.

Tally Sheet for 2019

My "go to move" is I can snap a front-side kick up in front of someone's eyes and hold it there for a second, then retract it slowly and go back to a regular standing position.

People hate that.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Earlier I mentioned I was hoping to hit 1x5 @ 350lb on my DL today....well, I didn't care to bother with those 5lb and 2.5lb plates to hit it, so instead I opted for just the 10lb plates, I hit 355lb! :-) WOOT!!

For this, I believe that 10-12 hours worth of St Paddy's day celebration tomorrow is in order..... *calculating hours in head* ....yeah, that sounds about right!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

LOL.

I'm at:

One Arm Pushup (hand under shoulder variant) - 2 reps each side

Wall handstand - 54 sec

Headstand Pushup - 6 reps (partial ROM, 4" of books under head)

Chin-Ups - 10 reps

Pistol Squats - 4 reps each side

Full Bridge (closest thing to a DL) - 35 sec

Dead Hang Leg lifts -8 reps

(all @ 202 lb)

Gyms. We don't need no steenking gyms.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I'm looking at your guys' numbers and as they get higher, I feel smaller and smaller, heh heh ^_^;;

But no worries, because I think all in all, it's the goal I think that really matters, I was never known to be the fastest of our male species, but I also wasn't known to give up!

It's one of our most redeeming qualities! We face every challenge that lies before us, because that's our role in life! We produce 300,000 sperm in 3 days! We're the first ones in the Battlefield and the last ones off of it! WE coined the term "Women and children First" because we know their values over our own! We may not currently be the strongest of the tribe (or rebellion, in this case!) but we each have our roles, Our place, Our opportunities to rise up and claim our Manhood!

(I forgot where I was going with this, but I felt inspired so I didn't stop!)

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

30 cm incline OAP - 1 rep each side

Wall handstand - I don't think 50s is much of a stretch (haven't timed).

Box HeSPU - 7 in good form.

Chinups - 5 from deadhang

Pistol squats - 1 rep each side

Full Bridge - Longest hold I did was 10s, can do more.

Tuck L-sit - 15 sec

Advanced tuck back lever - 8 sec

Mile - 5:58, but I haven't timed in a long time

10K - 48:00

(@163 lbs, 74kg)

Gyms. We don't need no steenking gyms.

RIGHT. But I'm going to learn how to squat and deadlift after I manage 3x5 pistols.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Don't hurt the little white ball. How far can you drive it?

About 300. The problem is that 60 of that is to the right. On the rare straight drive, I've hit 260ish, but haven't measured out in awhile.

Redoing my swing right now trying to get rid of the slice. My drive is the worst part of my game and the only reason I'm still a 100+ golfer.

Nice.

To put it into context, the issue I have is people eating huge calorie deficits and stating that they're gaining muscle when they're really just gaining strength.

I know. Just saw any easy opportunity to pull your leg.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

About 300. The problem is that 60 of that is to the right. On the rare straight drive, I've hit 260ish, but haven't measured out in awhile.

Redoing my swing right now trying to get rid of the slice. My drive is the worst part of my game and the only reason I'm still a 100+ golfer.

Check your grip if you're slicing. If you want to drop your score, don't worry some much about driving, work on your short game.

30 cm incline OAP - 1 rep each side

Wall handstand - I don't think 50s is much of a stretch (haven't timed).

Box HeSPU - 7 in good form.

Chinups - 5 from deadhang

Pistol squats - 1 rep each side

Full Bridge - Longest hold I did was 10s, can do more.

Tuck L-sit - 15 sec

Advanced tuck back lever - 8 sec

Mile - 5:58, but I haven't timed in a long time

10K - 48:00

(@163 lbs, 74kg)

RIGHT. But I'm going to learn how to squat and deadlift after I manage 3x5 pistols.

Looks like someone here is a slightly better version of me, at the same bodyweight. What do you define "full" bridge though? That hold time seems low given your other numbers.

golf is one of those thing that everyone seems to love but me. I love me some putt putt though!

Golf is fun for me, but I rarely do it. I also don't hit it very far.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Check your grip if you're slicing. If you want to drop your score, don't worry some much about driving, work on your short game.

Different people have different weaknesses. My shortgame is not my biggest one by far. Par 3's and short 4's I do fine on.

golf is one of those thing that everyone seems to love but me. I love me some putt putt though!

I used to be the same way then played a few times and got the itch. Don't get into it until you have some cash though.

Golf is fun for me, but I rarely do it. I also don't hit it very far.

Neither does my wife (drives like 180, if that), and she does just fine.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I hit 180 on a good drive, but it can go straight which is all I care about. All this makes me want to hit up the driving range, especially with how nice the weather is.

I've played 3 1/12 rounds in the last 2 weeks (3 in 3 days on vacation) and loving it. If I didn't have a grad project to finish up I'd play another 9 today.

500 / 330 / 625

Looks like someone here is a slightly better version of me, at the same bodyweight. What do you define "full" bridge though? That hold time seems low given your other numbers.

A full bridge is just your standard bridge, but my form probably isn't correct, so I'm scaling down.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

These are my weakness...just managed my first in ~30 years this weekend after doing the Convict Conditioning progressions. I only held for about 5s too

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

As they say..golf, a long walk spoiled :-)

And I hope no one here uses a cart of a caddy...just saying...

Tally Sheet for 2019

As they say..golf, a long walk spoiled :-)

And I hope no one here uses a cart of a caddy...just saying...

Depends on who I'm playing with and the pace of play. If everyone else is using a cart, I do as well because I don't want to slow things down. That includes groups behind me. When I have a choice, I walk, bag on shoulder.

500 / 330 / 625