Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

You could go old school and get an athletic supporter (AKA a jock strap in my younger days), even get one with a hard cup if you're really umm banging things...

Me, I need to get some shinguards. the big scabs on my shins are not cool, plus they are hard to explain. "Why don't you hold the bar out further? Because it weights 300+ pounds??"

Sounds like a problem with your starting position. I don't catch my shins anymore, though I occasionally catch some kneemeat on the way down.

You could go old school and get an athletic supporter (AKA a jock strap in my younger days), even get one with a hard cup if you're really umm banging things...

Me, I need to get some shinguards. the big scabs on my shins are not cool, plus they are hard to explain. "Why don't you hold the bar out further? Because it weights 300+ pounds??"

I just put on some long socks and hope it's enough...but usually I blast my shins more on power cleans than deadlifts.

They are AWESOME for working out, hold everything in place and no chafing. 12 for 2 pair.

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Men-s-Performance-Stretch-Boxer-Brief-2-Pack-Black/-/A-12229013#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

I love this thread! Needed to buy some new boxer briefs (my brand/style is no longer made), needed to go by Target on the way home anyway, picked up a couple pair to see what I thought......did I say I love this thread yet? HAHA!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Sounds like a problem with your starting position. I don't catch my shins anymore, though I occasionally catch some kneemeat on the way down.

Thanks for posting that. Saves me looking for it.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Guest Snake McClain
My girlfriend got me Green Lanter boxer briefs (with the ring symbol in the very middle) from Walmart, they work rather well. XD

I have flash and Batman ones.

I just put on some long socks and hope it's enough...but usually I blast my shins more on power cleans than deadlifts.

I think with cleans you want the bar starting a little farther away, get it in front of your shoulders rather than directly under.

Take my Oly advice with a grain of salt, however; I take the Wendler approach to cleaning which is pretty light on the finer technicalities of form.

Guest Snake McClain

Okay so i have an issue and wondering if you guys experience this or have a solution.

since working out heavy i am getting some SERIOUS back acne (bacne). Like...its so bad you'd think i was roiding. I wash and all that pretty thouroughly. any ideas? I imagine it's the boost in testosterone plus the sweating caused by the working out. but man...

Okay so i have an issue and wondering if you guys experience this or have a solution.

since working out heavy i am getting some SERIOUS back acne (bacne). Like...its so bad you'd think i was roiding. I wash and all that pretty thouroughly. any ideas? I imagine it's the boost in testosterone plus the sweating caused by the working out. but man...

Weird my back acne cleared up when I started lifting and losing weight. Haven't had an issue with it. Have you tried a different brand of soap? Also, do you wash your sheet regularly? That helps a lot.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Guest Snake McClain
Weird my back acne cleared up when I started lifting and losing weight. Haven't had an issue with it. Have you tried a different brand of soap? Also, do you wash your sheet regularly? That helps a lot.

I'll try the new soap for sure. and i will try a sheet washing more often. though every other week i thought was often enough but now that i think about it it probably isnt. man...sheets are kind of disgusting if you think about it...

I'll try the new soap for sure. and i will try a sheet washing more often. though every other week i thought was often enough but now that i think about it it probably isnt. man...sheets are kind of disgusting if you think about it...

Yes yes they are. I shudder when I think about my college dorm when I left my sheets unwashed for months...

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Wangtastic!

Where is the like-button?

I've decided I'm going to learn how to squat and how to deadlift, since I can do pistol squats now, there isn't really much to be gained leg-wise except for GHR's, but I don't have the necessary facilities for those (I really don't). Besides, squats and deadlifts are awesome.

No, I'm not going to press or bench press.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

I've decided I'm going to learn how to squat and how to deadlift, since I can do pistol squats now, there isn't really much to be gained leg-wise except for GHR's, but I don't have the necessary facilities for those (I really don't). Besides, squats and deadlifts are awesome.

MOAR DEADLIFTS. Because I commanded it. :D

Not going to sprint uphill and push cars?

Quitter.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

MOAR DEADLIFTS. Because I commanded it. :D

I'll need to learn the movement first. I asked my brother (BB'er/fitness instructor) to teach me, but we haven't set a date yet.

Not going to sprint uphill and push cars?

Quitter.

Dude. I live in the Netherlands. There are no hills where I live.

I also live alongside a busy street and am not going to drive 20 km every other day because I want to push my car. It's as light as a feather anyway.

Just taking the most effective road to my goals. Upper body is BW only still. ;)

I'll need to learn the movement first. I asked my brother (BB'er/fitness instructor) to teach me, but we haven't set a date yet.

Excellent! And you kow we're the helpful bunch when it comes to DLs and squats. So if you need any help or any questions your brother can't answer we've got ya covered.

Dude. I live in the Netherlands. There are no hills where I live.

I also live alongside a busy street and am not going to drive 20 km every other day because I want to push my car. It's as light as a feather anyway.

Just taking the most effective road to my goals. Upper body is BW only still. ;)

Just pulling your chain.

Finding a way to reach size:strength goals while gymless seems to be a dream of many, especially noobs, but few can stick to the path. The barbel is like the dark side. Once you start down the barbel path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will. Easier and more seductive it is.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Excellent! And you kow we're the helpful bunch when it comes to DLs and squats. So if you need any help or any questions your brother can't answer we've got ya covered.

Thanks man.

Just pulling your chain.

Finding a way to reach size:strength goals while gymless seems to be a dream of many, especially noobs, but few can stick to the path. The barbel is like the dark side. Once you start down the barbel path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you it will. Easier and more seductive it is.

Very susceptible to chain-pulling, except in certain circumstances (ie. when standing front of a class of 14-year-olds). Barbell can be the dark side, I don't give the slightest of f's.

I'm at Victoria's Secret with the wife. Anyone else have the problem of when they look at someone shopping here, it's very hard not to picture them in whatever they're looking at?

Edit: to be clear, talking about the wifey, not other patrons.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

yeah, i'm picturing you in a pink teddy...

If that wasn't the most disturbing statement of this post, I don't know what is.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."