Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I would love to make a broad statement and say women are awful but the truth is people are awful. Some. Others are fantastic. I do my best to be the latter. I hope that when people think on or speak of me it is in a regard that inspires others to be good and treat people with kindness empathy and respect. Sadly the whole world doesn't see it that way. For me that is a big part of being "manly" maybe understanding those who lash out or act immaturely or negatively and try to avoid that. Spreading something good instead.

Quoted for truth.

Manliness = empathy, kindness, and respect. Having character is manly.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

I would love to make a broad statement and say women are awful but the truth is people are awful. Some. Others are fantastic. I do my best to be the latter. I hope that when people think on or speak of me it is in a regard that inspires others to be good and treat people with kindness empathy and respect. Sadly the whole world doesn't see it that way. For me that is a big part of being "manly" maybe understanding those who lash out or act immaturely or negatively and try to avoid that. Spreading something good instead.

I'm not sure if that was about how I replied to your statement of being cheated on or not, but it matters not.

I for one have never thought of you (or anybody on these forums) as anything outside of a man in the truest sense of the word. Being here is proof that you are not only trying to better yourself, but the world we live in. Your statement, quoted above, is complete truth in its most pure form.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

She did not cheat on him with me. They had a rocky marriage, and she kept going after me, but I would not do anything until after they separated and she knew that. Apparently I didn't wait long enough because about a year after they separated and we got together, she started cheating on me with him again. They never got the divorce, but "were going through the process of it" and I was waiting for it to go through before I proposed. When I found out that she was going back with him, I panicked and ended up proposing, but of course got turned down.

It's impossible to change people. We can only change ourselves. If you're seeing someone who's in another relationship, they'll more than likely end up doing the same to you, because that's how they think. So many bad relationships keep on going because people think their partner will change. They won't. If you want a change, you have to make it yourself, and sometimes that means simply ending something that doesn't work.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Guest Snake McClain
I'm not sure if that was about how I replied to your statement of being cheated on or not, but it matters not.

I for one have never thought of you (or anybody on these forums) as anything outside of a man in the truest sense of the word. Being here is proof that you are not only trying to better yourself, but the world we live in. Your statement, quoted above, is complete truth in its most pure form.

Oh no no. I wasn't saying that about you at all. Just thinking put loud about how I see those situations. Not meant to he an attack in any regard. Just relating it to my view point. Sorry if it came out that way.

It's impossible to change people. We can only change ourselves. If you're seeing someone who's in another relationship, they'll more than likely end up doing the same to you, because that's how they think. So many bad relationships keep on going because people think their partner will change. They won't. If you want a change, you have to make it yourself, and sometimes that means simply ending something that doesn't work.

I absolutely agree. That's true even with common friendships. Sometimes its just poisonous and we have to be responsible with ourselves and move on.

Aye, I learned that the hard way. Better late than never though.

Oh no no. I wasn't saying that about you at all. Just thinking put loud about how I see those situations. Not meant to he an attack in any regard. Just relating it to my view point. Sorry if it came out that way.

It is fine, I wasn't sure if it was an attack or not, and I wouldn't expect one from you anyway. Though I wouldn't have been surprised if it was, with me practically admitting to being a homewrecker and all.

Level 1 Woodwose

Guest Snake McClain

It is fine, I wasn't sure if it was an attack or not, and I wouldn't expect one from you anyway. Though I wouldn't have been surprised if it was, with me practically admitting to being a homewrecker and all.

I would never make an attack on someone. Its just not my way...unless steroids were being used. Then I would. But I'm mot sure that that situation would be your fault. She left him. Or so you thought. Or whatever. Your goal was not to go steal a wife. Lol. But regardless yeah I wasn't saying anything about you here. Sorry if these messages are a bit...convoluted. I am a wee nit intoxicated. And by "we bit" I mean "completely" and by "intoxicated" I mean "ready to pass out drink". Lets hear it for mead!

This. Just lead by example, give them the necessary tools and then let them figure it out.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

I would never make an attack on someone. Its just not my way...unless steroids were being used. Then I would. But I'm mot sure that that situation would be your fault. She left him. Or so you thought. Or whatever. Your goal was not to go steal a wife. Lol. But regardless yeah I wasn't saying anything about you here. Sorry if these messages are a bit...convoluted. I am a wee nit intoxicated. And by "we bit" I mean "completely" and by "intoxicated" I mean "ready to pass out drink". Lets hear it for mead!

For drunk posting, that was actually pretty legible. A skill you've been developing? ;)

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Ok So here's a question for this thread. Normally I wouldn't post this but it's a health site so I see nothing wrong with it as long as you view it medically, however I still think it would be rude to ask it in the presence of women so I shall post it here.

What are some foods that can help you fight constipation without having to take medicine? I know cheese does the opposite, so I'm assuming there's something out there that will unstopper your stopper without giving you the runs.

The Curse

Dwarf Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 2 CON: 4 WIS: 6 CHA: 2

Current Challenge - Health Log

What are some foods that can help you fight constipation without having to take medicine? I know cheese does the opposite, so I'm assuming there's something out there that will unstopper your stopper without giving you the runs.

Coffee is my go to for this. The caffeine and the fiber in it both contribute. Those are the two big ones I hear about for keeping regularity, so anything with those should help.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain
For drunk posting, that was actually pretty legible. A skill you've been developing? ;)

It is actually. Though I did once recently drunkenly facebook message one of the lady members of nerd fitness about back flips. Lol

Ok So here's a question for this thread. Normally I wouldn't post this but it's a health site so I see nothing wrong with it as long as you view it medically, however I still think it would be rude to ask it in the presence of women so I shall post it here.

Coffee is my go to for this. The caffeine and the fiber in it both contribute. Those are the two big ones I hear about for keeping regularity, so anything with those should help.

I would agree. Coffee seems to be good for this. I know that to keep regular I just eat lots of veggies and bananas and such. But...honestly since eating right I haven't had this happen so I can't remember.

I am a wee nit intoxicated. And by "we bit" I mean "completely" and by "intoxicated" I mean "ready to pass out drink". Lets hear it for mead!

Very nicely done. Not many people I know can be legible when drunk. A worthwhile skill to have.

Aye, one for mead! I don't care for it too much me-self, but a buddy of mine makes some good spiced orange mead.

What are some foods that can help you fight constipation without having to take medicine?

I know that to keep regular I just eat lots of veggies and bananas and such. But...honestly since eating right I haven't had this happen so I can't remember.

This is pretty much where it is. Since eating better (I chose paleo, but basically just try to eat more natural foods and veggies), I haven't experienced any constipation at all. When I don't get enough veggies, I get the opposite problem, but I have a habit of eating nothing but meat and fat some days.

Level 1 Woodwose

I don't normally have an issue with this, but I do find one or two foods can have that effect. It probably varies depending on the person. For me, an entire packet of fruit Polos (do they still make those?) used to do the trick, though that isn't very paleo.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

+1 for coffee...can't believe nobody's mentioned prunes yet!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

One or two large glasses of water (or tea) first thing every morning works for me, keeps things regular. Yeah, we ladies get it too. :friendly_wink: And since no one had mentioned it yet. It's worth a try at least. Fat can also help. If water or the popular coffee doesn't help, you could try to have a little fat on an empty stomach. A full table spoon of oil first thing in the morning can turn into the runs, though. Yes, I tried that. :shame:

Current challenge | Fitocracy | UnTamedTresses

Elf Ranger Level 10STR - 14.75 | DEX - 16.00 | STA - 26.75 | CON - 26.75 | WIS - 27.25 | CHA - 22.00

Guest Snake McClain

I want to bring up an interesting (to me anyway) topic. Confidence. How do you...carry yourself with it? Be your own man. Carry yourself for you and not be influenced in a negative way. How do you not feel insecure. Almost daily? I was told yesterday by someone close to me that they can tell I am insecure. That really cut me down. Pretty bad. I thought I'd improved a lot. What's the secret here? What am I missing?

I want to bring up an interesting (to me anyway) topic. Confidence. How do you...carry yourself with it? Be your own man. Carry yourself for you and not be influenced in a negative way. How do you not feel insecure. Almost daily? I was told yesterday by someone close to me that they can tell I am insecure. That really cut me down. Pretty bad. I thought I'd improved a lot. What's the secret here? What am I missing?

It's several factors, really. It's in how you stand, how you speak, how closed up you are, how open you are, and what you know. This is very vague, so allow me to clarify:

How you stand: If you look at someone with their chest out, their head held high, wide strides, when they walk, this is a man of confidence, even if the man himself isn't aware of it, just having others think he's confident is enough to empower him, if you see another man with his shoulders slumping, his head low, his feet shuffling, then he'll seem depressed regardless of what happens afterwards and every interaction he has, it'll be made with people thinking the guy is depress/apathetic/sad the entire time - So now I refer you to Charlie Brown: “This is my depressed stance. When you're depressed, it makes a lot of difference how you stand. The worst thing you can do is straighten up and hold your head high because then you'll start to feel better. If you're going to get any joy out of being depressed, you've got to stand like this.” Like this, you'll get comments like, "You look like you're moving with a purpose"

How you speak: A confident man doesn't stutter, speaks in a full solid voice and is heard, He isn't too loud so that his voice kills ear cells, but he is clear, a master of his language. I have no quote but I have this AoM article that should help you out: http://artofmanliness.com/2011/11/13/masculine-voice/

How closed/open you are: This is the manner in which one speaks to others, does he provide short, quick, one-word answers, or long, thorough answers? Are you able to entertain thoughts, argue/debate without putting personal emotion into it? This is more towards spoken and unspoken interaction, when you look at people, do you throw daggers at them, or are your eyes windows of compassion or are your eyes full of excitement and life? The eyes are windows into the soul, so if your soul is dead, what does that say about your eyes? If your life has purpose it will reflect in your eyes, as well as everything else you do.

What you know: Where are you on your path in life? What are you plans? Your goals? Your dreams? If you're enjoying life, if you like what you do, or have an activity that gives you joy and pleasure in life, if you have something to fight for, all these things will grant you confidence. What makes you move. If you have nothing to live for, then you're merely going through the motions, but if you have something to encourage you, that puts passion in your step, that gives you a reason to keep moving, then this will be seen by others (I know I'm talking about others, but I'll get to why soon). If you know that there's a reason for You to keep living, and moving, then that desire to fulfill your goals will be seen as confidence, even though they don't know why.

Now, it's not important others think, however, if you can get others to think that you are a confident person, in one way or another, then people will treat you like you are a confident man, it doesn't matter whether or not you really are, because you will be reflecting off that for lack of a better word 'vibe' that says, "You are a confident person" if you're an open person, then you'll get these vibes, and start 'acting' confident.

These are just one of MANY ways to obtain confidence, These are just what I am "confident" (saw what I did there? :tongue:) are ways to get confidence. Good luck to you, Bruce!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This is a very good question and one not easily answered. The best I can offer you is how I went about it.

I used to be painfully introverted and shy. I questioned every single thing I said it did.

When I moved to Australia at 22 I was faced with all sorts of new and challenging situations. At first it was really overwhelming. I had to make new friends, find a job, etc. All hard things when you lack confidence.

So I decided, much like George Costanza, that if my natural tendency was towards shyness, I'd embrace the opposite! If someone wanted a volunteer, I'd put up my hand first. If I didn't know something, I'd find out. If I didn't understand I'd ask a question.

It's much like the fake it till you make it philosophy. After a while I just found myself wanting to be the first one to volunteer, being the one who knew the answer, and stopped doubting myself all the time.

Basically the take home is to dive into every opportunity that comes your way. Just being the first to step forward will make you appear more confident and this will soon translate into true confidence.

Hope this helps.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

So, something happened today at the gym and I felt I had to share it here with you guys.

I was doing my weights, just like any other day when I set my eyes on the treadmills and I see this GODDESS jogging. I almost drop the weights on my feet, everything on her was perfect, I couldn't see her face but she was wearing yoga pants and this little, little tank top that only covered what needed to be covered and I keep looking at her going up and down and in spite of being very tight everything on her was going up and down too. It was torture! =D specially since I didn't want to look like a creep or make her feel awkward but, seriously, can you blame me?

I tried to focus on my training again and when I finished, I was leaving when I saw her again on the elliptical trainer, and I was shocked.... She was a child! At least 15 or 16 years old. I left the gym thinking "I'm definetely going to hell...." and I remembered this joke I read on the internet: "16 year-old girls - please stop wearing yoga pants to the gym. Sincerely, 30 year-old who doesn't want to go to prison".

I'm not 30... but now I understand the feeling.

One shot, one life.

So, something happened today at the gym and I felt I had to share it here with you guys.

I was doing my weights, just like any other day when I set my eyes on the treadmills and I see this GODDESS jogging. I almost drop the weights on my feet, everything on her was perfect, I couldn't see her face but she was wearing yoga pants and this little, little tank top that only covered what needed to be covered and I keep looking at her going up and down and in spite of being very tight everything on her was going up and down too. It was torture! =D specially since I didn't want to look like a creep or make her feel awkward but, seriously, can you blame me?

I tried to focus on my training again and when I finished, I was leaving when I saw her again on the elliptical trainer, and I was shocked.... She was a child! At least 15 or 16 years old. I left the gym thinking "I'm definetely going to hell...." and I remembered this joke I read on the internet: "16 year-old girls - please stop wearing yoga pants to the gym. Sincerely, 30 year-old who doesn't want to go to prison".

Oh lord. I wish I could make fun of you for this, but I can't because it happens to me XD Mind you I am only 19 so it is still semi acceptable, but still. I feel like girls didn't look like that when *I* was 16. Happens to the best of us :P

I wish I could be some help, but I am one of the most insecure people I know, and I'm really shy/antisocial to boot, so I either come off looking depressed or pissed in public. Neither are a good look for upping your confidence. Red and Dawsy have some really good points though.

If you are going to hell, we all are. I've done that before, even to the point where I won't act on it if there is a chance she is under 18. Worst part is, my friends (usually between 18 and 20 years old) keep trying to hook me up with high school girls. Reminds me of another saying, "High school girls; I keep getting older, but they stay the same age."

Level 1 Woodwose