Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Well guys. I did it, no regrets. But it failed :P

I called her up after posting that, asked her if she wanted to go on a walk and just talk. So we were out walking just talking about life and such and as we were getting back near her house I bring it up, but before I could even say anything she turns to me and says "I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend" (ouchhhhh. not really, I kinda knew this but still sucked to hear it). But I decided to be a man about it this time and not suck at life. So I told her I understood, and then told her that regardless of that she should know that she is beautiful, and that no matter what I still care for her, and will be there for her if ever needs someone to talk to.

So on one hand, it sucked. Majorly.

On the other hand, that was the first time that I ever had the nuts to say anything like that to anyone since I was 16 (i'm 20). Then I realized, there is no one really interesting to meet in my area that is my age, and I should probably go to college sometime soon. I have been reading a lot of case studies in regards to various lawsuits lately, and enjoy that so I figure why not, let's become a lawyer. So while riding on that semi confidence wave, I started preparing to take the SAT's last night :P

Guest Snake McClain

I called her up after posting that, asked her if she wanted to go on a walk and just talk. So we were out walking just talking about life and such and as we were getting back near her house I bring it up, but before I could even say anything she turns to me and says "I'm still in love with my ex boyfriend" (ouchhhhh. not really, I kinda knew this but still sucked to hear it). But I decided to be a man about it this time and not suck at life. So I told her I understood, and then told her that regardless of that she should know that she is beautiful, and that no matter what I still care for her, and will be there for her if ever needs someone to talk to.

On the other hand, that was the first time that I ever had the nuts to say anything like that to anyone since I was 16 (i'm 20). Then I realized, there is no one really interesting to meet in my area that is my age, and I should probably go to college sometime soon. I have been reading a lot of case studies in regards to various lawsuits lately, and enjoy that so I figure why not, let's become a lawyer. So while riding on that semi confidence wave, I started preparing to take the SAT's last night :P

2 THINGS:

1) GOOD FOR YOU! It is not your fault she still has feelings for her ex. that is on her. It takes time for people to get over things and that is in no way a knock against the man you are. Well played. You did your part. Manliness level up (i swear we still need a list of man challenges that we all agree on and a point system for this).

2) To meet new and interesting people you need to do new and interesting things.

Great job today or yesterday or whenever. I'm proud of ya (because that means SOOOO much, because i am SOOOO important and you should want my affirmation lol).

Edit: didn't see jcannon's latest post til after I posted. WAY TO GO! Both on the manning up and the SAT prep.

Just to back everyone else up on making sure a woman understands how you feel about her, here's a bit of my story. In met this girl at the beginning of 9th grade, so I was 14. I had a huge crush on her but never had the balls to say anything and got friend zoned. Eventually I grew the testiculer fortitude 2 years later, found out she had felt the same way, and we dated, but I was stuck on another girl and we broke up a few months later. We didn't talk for awhile, but eventually became friends again, eventually I was over this other chick, and we dated again when we were 17. Know what happened?

445150b2-3571-ba61.jpg

What would my life be like if I hadn't grown the nuts to do it? I don't know, but I can tell you it would be nowhere near what I have now.

, then read the following:

Nothing can be gained without risk, and the greater the risk, the greater the gain. This isn't about temporary matters which will only be part of your life for a short while, but a much greater subject: who are you going to be? Are you going to be a boy that sits in the corner and says "no, that looks unsafe" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Or are you going to be a man, who does not shy away from challenge, but rather embraces it, that says "yes" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Are you going to be the man that all people around aspire to be, who has got all he desires and conquered his dreams through hard work and intelligent training? Or are you going to be the boy that has never experienced what hard work is and whose dreams remained just that, dreams? Are you going to be the man that can protect his wife and children when shit hits the fan? Or are you going to be the boy that doesn't have a family for fear of not being able to protect them? Are you going to be the man that does not flaunt the results of his hard work, but carries them with dignity? Or are you going to be the boy that flaunts his inconsequential victories, gained through strokes of luck? Are you going to be the man that realizes that pain is only a temporary thing and can bring great rewards? Or are you going to be the boy that stays away from all pain and does not know what great rewards it brings?

So today, I will ask you this question: Are you going to be a boy? Or are you going to be a man?

It's a shame this is too big to go in my sig. Where's it from?

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Nothing can be gained without risk, and the greater the risk, the greater the gain. This isn't about temporary matters which will only be part of your life for a short while, but a much greater subject: who are you going to be? Are you going to be a boy that sits in the corner and says "no, that looks unsafe" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Or are you going to be a man, who does not shy away from challenge, but rather embraces it, that says "yes" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Are you going to be the man that all people around aspire to be, who has got all he desires and conquered his dreams through hard work and intelligent training? Or are you going to be the boy that has never experienced what hard work is and whose dreams remained just that,

dreams? Are you going to be the man that can protect his wife and children when shit hits the fan? Or are you going to be the boy that doesn't have a family for fear of not being able to protect them? Are you going to be the man that does not flaunt the results of his hard work, but carries them with dignity? Or are you going to be the boy that flaunts his inconsequential victories, gained through strokes of luck? Are you going to be the man that realizes that pain is only a temporary thing and can bring great rewards? Or are you going to be the boy that stays away from all pain and does not know what great rewards it brings?

So today, I will ask you this question: Are you going to be a boy? Or are you going to be a man?

Thanks digits, I'm stealing it too. Did you write it?

and continue to read.

You got the confi-balls! Sorry, had to do it after Phi's (I mean digit's) post. But you gained the confidence to let her know how you feel. And if the time comes when she gets over her ex and she's looking for something more, she'll know you may still be there. So, I wouldn't call it a complete fail, just a setback needed for your promotion to man-level 2.

Also, way to go with the college prep!

i swear we still need a list of man challenges that we all agree on and a point system for this.

Dude, I so want that!

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

, then read the following:

Nothing can be gained without risk, and the greater the risk, the greater the gain. This isn't about temporary matters which will only be part of your life for a short while, but a much greater subject: who are you going to be? Are you going to be a boy that sits in the corner and says "no, that looks unsafe" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Or are you going to be a man, who does not shy away from challenge, but rather embraces it, that says "yes" when people ask you to go up to a girl and ask her out, to go sky diving, to go lift heavy shit, to go run a marathon, to go conquer your dreams? Are you going to be the man that all people around aspire to be, who has got all he desires and conquered his dreams through hard work and intelligent training? Or are you going to be the boy that has never experienced what hard work is and whose dreams remained just that, dreams? Are you going to be the man that can protect his wife and children when shit hits the fan? Or are you going to be the boy that doesn't have a family for fear of not being able to protect them? Are you going to be the man that does not flaunt the results of his hard work, but carries them with dignity? Or are you going to be the boy that flaunts his inconsequential victories, gained through strokes of luck? Are you going to be the man that realizes that pain is only a temporary thing and can bring great rewards? Or are you going to be the boy that stays away from all pain and does not know what great rewards it brings?

Dude. that was epic... Digits, my King, I give you my sword.

And you have my bow.

Level 1 Woodwose

It's a shame this is too big to go in my sig. Where's it from?
Thanks digits, I'm stealing it too. Did you write it?

Felt like writing something epic. If I have to write, I only can write epic things. I suck at everything else.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Really tired of seeing a female post in here now and then. Unless it's a mod I would really appreciate if they kept there posts out of here and in a separate thread... I don't care if they are trying to be funny or address something they can message someone if they really want to give them advice or something.

Just my 2cents

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Really tired of seeing a female post in here now and then. Unless it's a mod I would really appreciate if they kept there posts out of here and in a separate thread... I don't care if they are trying to be funny or address something they can message someone if they really want to give them advice or something.

Just my 2cents

I do agree, somewhat. The thread is titled Men ONLY please...

(I'm probably going to regret saying this somehow, and then I'll feel bad.)

I have to disagree. While this thread was entitled "Men ONLY please" it quickly included females in it. As the women's guild allows men to post in it, women are also allowed to post here. There are some times where we discuss things that are awkward that we wish women wouldn't read or post about, but we are posting on the internet, which is open for anyone to see and post to.

We've been over this guys. The ladies are gonna read the thread no matter what, they might as well comment if they have something to add.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain
I have to disagree. While this thread was entitled "Men ONLY please" it quickly included females in it. As the women's guild allows men to post in it, women are also allowed to post here. There are some times where we discuss things that are awkward that we wish women wouldn't read or post about, but we are posting on the internet, which is open for anyone to see and post to.

Ill have to agree. There have been a few topics that a couple ladies have chimed in on that have been super helpful. One being I started dating someone with a kid and Matilda chimed in on it with some excellent advice. That very brief situation didn't last but I am now dating a wonderful gal with a child and Matilda's info has been invaluable. So me personally...I say its not really THAT big of a deal. Sure when I'm discussing my libido (see OP for reference) yeah maybe I don't want them reading but as said by cannon...this is the internet. Its all there.

Seconded. Besides, some ladies advice could help us from time to time.

Not to mention that should the topic be about women/dating, it's always good to see the situation from the other side. Whether we listen to their advice or not, it's always nice to know the information in the first place.

Needless to say, I agree and welcome the advice of the Fairer Nerds.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Agreeing with JCannon, Corey, Snake, et al. Women have posted here with advice for other people that I have found quite useful. If we kept them out or restricted their postings to PMs, then I wouldn't have learned what I did.

Level 1 Woodwose

Agreeing with JCannon, Corey, Snake, et al. Women have posted here with advice for other people that I have found quite useful. If we kept them out or restricted their postings to PMs, then I wouldn't have learned what I did.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Guest Snake McClain

I personally think a woman's perspective is a crucial and vital component of manliness. How do we gauge what is truly manly without having a contrast of femininity to compare it to?

In other news. This gal that I'm dating....

Well things are going really, REALLY well.