Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

is it possible to just say to her, "I understand that christianity is important to you, but i want to be with you but can you understand that for me right now i just haven't come to a place where I can understand it." If it is so important to her that she would negate having a good relationship...well then i guess the decision is made.

I understand this. it is hard. to know you are comfortable with yourself but there is that desire to have someone. it's tough man.

Is it necessary for this girl that you share her religion? Or is it enough for you to be supportive of her in her religion?

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

is it possible to just say to her, "I understand that christianity is important to you, but i want to be with you but can you understand that for me right now i just haven't come to a place where I can understand it." If it is so important to her that she would negate having a good relationship...well then i guess the decision is made.

This. The longest relationship I've had was with a Christian, and I was a Agnostic. Well, I'm most akin to Church's viewpoint:

In short, I have no issue with the concept of 'God'. ... Honestly, IF there is a God, or Gods, I don't think I'll be judged adversely for not attending church, or mass, or for not praying, when I've lived a good life, was a good man, and did my best to elevate both myself and those around me. Which is really the main tenants of any religion, the rest of it is just pomp to make mortals feel important.

There were also relationships I've had with Atheists and I am more along the lines of a Humanist/Moralist that worked pretty well, while they lasted (ended due to other non-religious reasons). As long as you (and she) are accepting of the other person's views, it can and will work.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Is it necessary for this girl that you share her religion? Or is it enough for you to be supportive of her in her religion?

No but there are a few areas that we don't agree on that are usually religion related.

@Digits I have friends...

@Jcannon98188 That is a good point and I'm quite happy with myself, I just want someone to share it with.

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

I have considered staying single but I am somewhat lonely and would like to try dating again.

Get some friends, dude.

I have friends...

Don't worry bro, I'm at that same point too. I have friends, but I still feel lonely and miss having that special person. There's a difference between "lonely - no friends" and "lonely - no companion".

Level 1 Woodwose

no harm in actively looking for a partner, as opposed to playing the "wait and see" game and hoping something comes your way. the good thing about looking for a partner is you can always look elsewhere if the one you find first isn't working out. in other words, move on player.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

I'm in a similar boat. I got a lot going for me, and I like to think I'm a reasonably successful, balanced, noble, manly man. But somehow the search for companion always ends with some variety of "sorry. Some day you'll find someone who appreciates you. You're a great guy. Let's be friends"

So I'm convinced that The Universe is telling me that it is against Universal Law for me to ever get laid again. Fortunately for me, it wasn't that long ago that I was convinced that it was also Universal Law for me to be an overweight victim of self loathing, and I went and turned that on its head ;) this'll just be that much sweeter when I throw this law out the window too :D

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

We should just take the Universal Lawbook and throw it all out the window. Though, that wouldn't do much since gravity is a universal given (until the time comes that we find matter that exhibits anti-gravity). It would just keep flying and flying and flying, unless Newton's laws of motion are also universal, then who knows what will happen. The world will be a crazy place if we don't have any universal laws. Maybe you are right Church, we should just throw out the parts we disagree with out.

Level 1 Woodwose

I have found if you go looking for things you never find them especially relationships the minute you stop looking it will hit you in the face. I was like you i wanted a relationship and could never really find one wasn't overly happy about it but decided to stop looking so hard and it just happened .

Regarding religion i don't go there i don't believe any any religion as i reckon they cause nothing but trouble i have my own beliefs and i stick to them . i have had a few interesting discussions with my best mate about religion as he is very much into the whole christian thing and doesn't understand how i can not be.

Don't worry bro, I'm at that same point too. I have friends, but I still feel lonely and miss having that special person. There's a difference between "lonely - no friends" and "lonely - no companion".

Tell you what, here's what I think: that special person feeling can go fuck itself. It only makes you miserable and as long as you miss having that special person, you are going to be miserable. And, tell you what, I'd bet that that special person will come along sooner if you stop looking for it.

Sorry if I offended you, but that's how I think about it.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Guest Snake McClain

This is an interesting little situation here. In ALL things in life we are expected to go search for what we want. Go after it. take it by the throat and make it yours. School, jobs, the dreams in our lives...or even what we do in the gym. Yet in relationships...romantic ones we are expected to not search after it. it seems when we look for them and try to find something it seems to fail. What an interesting dynamic.

That said I know my experience was this. I got divorced (it was nasty and ugly and maybe someday I'll tell you gents about it). I didn't even consider dating for about 6 months. Then I started dating like crazy after some friends sort of talked me into it. i dated...i've probably been on more first dates in the last year than anyone i know has ever. just wasn't going well. i decided "f*** this" why should i spend my time looking for someone I am not excited about. I date people I don't even really like. this is stupid." So i stopped dating. i stopped for like...i dunno 3 months or so. just stopped. then a friend asked me what it was I was looking for. So I said, "well...I figure I'm attractive, fun, funny, entertaining, energetic (zest for life), mature, responsible, intelligent, caring, considerate and all that. I figure I deserve someone that is the same. I want someone who can offer me what I need just as I would do for them. I have dated and haven't been truly excited about it. So until I meet someone that makes me excited...to see her or be with her, I'm done." Then low and behold a few weeks later I meet that person and things rock. So...i feel it's more of a being open to meeting the person, knowing the person you're looking for and knowing who YOU ARE and just letting it happen. I guess. *shrug*

Now that training camps are about to open....

Any of y'all interested in doing a NF fantasy football league?

Obviously there is plenty of time to get something going, I wonder if there would be enough interest.

I'd be totally willing to be commish though, I've done it plenty of times, but am not for any leagues (yet) this year. Its probably a little late for a message board draft unless we started now, they are fun but very slow going.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Obviously there is plenty of time to get something going, I wonder if there would be enough interest.

I'd be totally willing to be commish though, I've done it plenty of times, but am not for any leagues (yet) this year. Its probably a little late for a message board draft unless we started now, they are fun but very slow going.

I'd be in.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I'd be up for it with a couple modifications:

1. We create fictional players with random stat generation

2. We use dice rolls to determine what happens rather than games

3. Instead of play football, our teams fight evil with swords and magic

4. We call it "Dungeons and Dragons"

:P

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Guest Snake McClain

LOL I have not lol'd this hard in ages. seriously dying here. (i'm posting this to facebook)

I wouldn't mind doing nfl with the first two points of this being the conditions. would be fun(ny).

Tell you what, here's what I think: that special person feeling can go fuck itself. It only makes you miserable and as long as you miss having that special person, you are going to be miserable. And, tell you what, I'd bet that that special person will come along sooner if you stop looking for it.

No offense taken. I'm currently halfway between the two points of "I'm lonely" and "f*** it, it'll come when/if it does," but I keep jumping back and forth between the two. All of my relationships have happened by chance, save one that wasn't any good anyway (no real emotions in it, basically just a rebound). Sure, I get depressed because of being lonely, but that's just something I need to deal with and get over.

Maybe Snake said it best:

i feel it's more of a being open to meeting the person, knowing the person you're looking for and knowing who YOU ARE and just letting it happen.

I gotta first figure out who I am and understand what I am looking for and then just let it happen.

Level 1 Woodwose

bahahahahaha!

Even though I saw the clear direction at point 1 I still died.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I saw this on Bruce's facebook, so glad I did. I'm definitely in for some fantasy football.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

We should just take the Universal Lawbook and throw it all out the window. Though, that wouldn't do much since gravity is a universal given (until the time comes that we find matter that exhibits anti-gravity). It would just keep flying and flying and flying, unless Newton's laws of motion are also universal, then who knows what will happen. The world will be a crazy place if we don't have any universal laws. Maybe you are right Church, we should just throw out the parts we disagree with out.

I'm currently taking steps to make gravity my bi**h as well :D

A very good point and dose of the hard truth. I'm at the point that I'm going to say fuck at let's see what happens. This girl told me that she doesn't even want to date none Christians because of some book her pastor wrote about Christian dating that she read. Yes it hurts to give up on someone that I for some reason can't get over but screw it, I'm done trying to make things happen. Time to see what life throws at me.

Also Snake you make a good point.

Also I would be interested in a FFL.

Also going to a college with a 4 to 1 guy to girl ratio sucks. Just sayin

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Sounds like the college I went to. Colorado School of Mines

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit""If you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

Also I would be interested in a FFL.

I read that as "interested in a Federal Firearm License" and thought "how random. But me too." Then I remembered the talk of a fantasy football league and moved on...

Mwahahaha... I went to the number 1 nurse school in the Valley. It was a technical school, so it also included computer and mining and engineering courses. So the ratio was just greater than 1:1 with more females to males. But the females were 9 times out of 10 nurses, so that's another plus!

So, gentlemen, I have a slight problem. I am the best man in a wedding coming up later this month, and I need some manly ideas for the bachelor party. Neither the groom nor I drink (not sure about the other guys) and I don't support whores, so the stereo-typical answer of get wasted and go to a strip club is out. Also, we would probably meet the bachelorette party there anyway, from what I hear their plans are.

Do you guys have any ideas?

I'm currently thinking of getting a ton of ammo and taking our arsenal out for a day shooting stuff. Also, I am about to read AoM's bachelor party article and I'm trying to get the groomsmen's contact information to get ideas from them.

Level 1 Woodwose