Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

We've already established that we have the people, just need someone to set one up and manage it. I like the yahoo site, and it has a pretty good free app. If no one else has volunteered by the weekend, I'll do it if I have time.

I've only ever used the one on the NFL site but I'm happy with whatever people think is best. I'm already managing another league so don't really want to be doing 2.

Guest Snake McClain

Ultimatums are bad for relationship, they put people on defense and typically end badly. I would have simply gotten serious when she brushed it off and reiterated how important the topic was to you.

Well it went well for me. I guess time will tell. It wasn't meant to be an "ultimatum" per se but it was meant to make it clear that I need what I need and if I can't get it I won't be around doing a ton of things for her. I've had 3 weeks with ZERO alone time with her. Every thing has been stipulated by some other goings on. And as of last night my dad went into the hospital and yes i care a lot for this woman but to be fair her being upset because I need what I need right now is low on the importance totem pole.

Well it went well for me. I guess time will tell. It wasn't meant to be an "ultimatum" per se but it was meant to make it clear that I need what I need and if I can't get it I won't be around doing a ton of things for her. I've had 3 weeks with ZERO alone time with her. Every thing has been stipulated by some other goings on. And as of last night my dad went into the hospital and yes i care a lot for this woman but to be fair her being upset because I need what I need right now is low on the importance totem pole.

How's your dad doing? Is it anything real bad?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Who, I guess I should pay attention to this thread more often. I'll be a fantasy commish if we need one. Doesn't look like I'm going to be this year otherwise.

Don't really care where too much, though I prefer Fleaflicker. Been a long time since I last played at NFL.com, have to figure out what my login is.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

How are we gonna do the draft? Saw it was set to an offline draft but would an autodraft not be easier?

I'm not a fan of autodraft only. At all.

You can always set an autodraft lineup and skip the live draft.

We probably don't have enough time to do it here unless folks are dedicated. MB drafts tend to only go 1-2 rounds a day tops.

currently cutting

don't panic!

I'm not a fan of autodraft only. At all.

You can always set an autodraft lineup and skip the live draft.

We probably don't have enough time to do it here unless folks are dedicated. MB drafts tend to only go 1-2 rounds a day tops.

I'd prefer a proper draft as well but I just know that finding time when everyone is free could be tricky, particularly as I'm in the UK so there's the time difference to take into account. I'm happy to go with an online draft and if it's a time I can't do then, like you said, I'll just let it auto-select for me. As much as I always think I can plan out who I want to take there's always that element of randomness and wildcard players who come out of nowhere

I'll be accepting as soon as I'm out of work (espn fantasy is blocked, yahoo is not, which was part of my request). I definitely don't want to auto draft, to the point that I'd drop if we did. MB draft might be the best choice since we have the time zone differences.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yeah, we should start soon in that case. Maybe after week 2 preseason games are over?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Agreed, need a separate thread. I'm signed up, team name="The Ban Hammer".

500 / 330 / 625

I'll start the thread. He who starts it has the task of keeping the original post updated.

I still haven't thought of a good name. Just Waldo at the moment. I might revisit my "We Believe in Majik" team name from last year, but outside of Packer fans, young whippersnappers nowadays don't know what it means.

currently cutting

don't panic!

Yeah, I have all kind of lewd ones in mind for playing on Eagles DT Fletcher Cox.

500 / 330 / 625

Damn, I missed that too. Hmm, well I tried to delete mine, but apparently you can't delete a thread.

Maybe YOU can't.

500 / 330 / 625

I really don't know what the fuck's up right now. Yesterday I was at the store to buy some milk, and I didn't even look the girl behind the counter in the eye. She wasn't particularly pretty and she didn't have anything special about her, you know, just a girl. But somehow all my confidence is just gone. I just wasn't comfortable. I mean, what the fuck. When I was on vacation, I had two nights just ruined. One because my friends just left me looking for there after I had to wait 15 minutes to get beer for all of us and another because one of my friends tried to bring me into contact with this girl and the first thing she said to me was: "Your shirt is a size too large". That absolutely turned every switch in my brain to rejection mode. If I don't like something, my first impulse is to grab a baseball bat and smash it to pieces. And that comment ended up pretty much fucking up my night. I just wasn't feeling it. Then the night after that a few of my friends just went off to play pool (there were a few pool tables at the place we were in), but didn't bother to ask me to go with them, despite knowing that I really enjoy playing pool. And just like that the night wasn't enjoyable to me anymore. And like the night before I just went off and found a nice quiet spot to be alone. I felt out of control, rejected. As if I couldn't be sociable. And now I'm definitely not some social butterfly that just talks to anyone as easily as to their mother, but I can handle myself and make it through a conversation without 'dropping my spaghetti', as it is known on a certain imageboard.

That and my injuries still not getting better (knee, elbow and shoulder all on the right side) have given a huge blow to my confidence. I was getting more awesome every day, and now I don't know what the fuck I am doing. I can't squat, I can't deadlift. I can't do RDLs anymore because my trap is fucking up as well. I can do a couple of chins, but can't really train them. Pushups hurt. Rows hurt. Everything but handstand, plank, arch, hollow, deadhang and PB support fucks me up in some way or another. And my program is good. My sleep is good. My nutrition is good. I'm nineteen. My abilities should improve easily, but instead I end up with pain. I seriously don't remember what it's like to not have pain anywhere.

And maybe worst of all is that I don't want to talk about it with others. If someone asks me how I'm doing, I'll answer honestly, but if they keep asking I just lock up and don't want to talk about it. Why, I don't really know. Maybe I'm afraid they won't understand. Because never have I met someone that understood me. Not even my bloody own mother gets what's going on and she's on top of the list of people who know me well.

So I tried to make a coherent post, but that didn't work out. I was going to joke that I had discovered where my swag went; that Atalan had stolen it. But I'm just not in the mood. So I ended up with this incoherent rambling.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.