Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I feel your pain man. I've recently begun going clean shaven after almost 2 years. It's an odd feeling. I'm not sure if I like it. Lol

After the first time ever wearing a full bears last fall, I think I'm going to try it again this year. If I like it I think I may go for a summer=no beard, winter=beard thing.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've been going clean shaven for years. It makes me look younger and far less maintenance. I also do stubble a lot, but that's just laziness.

I still have photos of me with beard. I look like my evil twin, but quite sexy with it. Damn, I'd definitely sleep with my evil twin.

Sorry, where were we again?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I'm thinking of going full beard for a month.

Also, my hair is getting thinner (at least a part of me is doing so) and receding, so I'm thinking about a buzz haircut.

That's what I do. Keep it short so that people think bald is a choice.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Ah, to have a full head of hair! I usually am bearded, though I keep it to a short van dyke lately (looks more professional, but still low maintenance) and I definitely do rock stubble and only shave once every week or 2.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Buzz cut master race reporting in. :P

From buzz cut to shaved was a journey of but a few years for me. Accept your destiny! Come to the shaved side!

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

My brother is 9 years older than me, so I can see the future for what my hairline will continue to do. Last year, I went buzz (well, a #3 on the trimmer) after realizing it would just be so much easier when my daily driver is a jeep with no doors/top.

For father's day, my wife bought me a Wahl trimmer so I buzz it myself every couple of weeks.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

I am thinking about learning to just cut my own hair. All I get when I get my hair cut is a #1 on the sides and finger length on top, and even then most of the time they just use the #1 on top as well (i'm fine with that). I figure I can save myself time/money/and having longer hair by just learning to do it myself, and do it every saturday or something (hair grows fast)

My brother is 9 years older than me, so I can see the future for what my hairline will continue to do. Last year, I went buzz (well, a #3 on the trimmer) after realizing it would just be so much easier when my daily driver is a jeep with no doors/top.

For father's day, my wife bought me a Wahl trimmer so I buzz it myself every couple of weeks.

Well this doesn't always hold true.

I'm 4 years older than my brother and have as much hair as I did when I was 10. He's thinning out quite a bit though. He got some gray hair well before me too.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

From buzz cut to shaved was a journey of but a few years for me. Accept your destiny! Come to the shaved side!

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Sorry, can't. My mum doesn't like shaved heads and I wouldn't want to piss her off, now would I?

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Sorry, can't. My mum doesn't like shaved heads and I wouldn't want to piss her off, now would I?

Just tell her that god only made so many perfect heads, and that the rest got covered with hair. The fact that yours is thinning means he obviously wants his handiwork exposed for all to admire. Lol.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Just tell her that god only made so many perfect heads, and that the rest got covered with hair. The fact that yours is thinning means he obviously wants his handiwork exposed for all to admire. Lol.

My Dad uses this. He also likes to introduce himself by saying "Hi I'm Dave, you may recognize me from TV, but you are actually thinking of Bruce Willis." Silly bald people :)

Whoa, I've missed quite a bit...

1.) I live in constant fear of impending baldness, although I'm likely to shave it before it gets there naturally. I have an oddly shaped/lumpy head so hopefully I can hold onto SOME hair...so far so good

2.) I usually go with the post-vacation beard. I can't be arsed to shave on vacation, so when I get back, I clean it up and rock the beard for a week or two. My wife doesn't like facial hair, but sometimes you just have to grow it out simply because you can ;) The key is getting past the "itchy" phase

3.) Digits, not hitting on some random chick at the gas station who isn't particularly attractive to begin with isn't anything to be concerned with. In fact it's probably healthier that trying to pick her up simply because "she's there".

19.) Being 19 sucked, 24 was MUCH more fun. As previously mentioned, I was more in tune with myself at 24 and didn't waste nearly as much time on stupid shit

b.) my 3 day bachelor stint starts tonight, the wife and kids should be leaving any minute now. Thanks for all the suggestions on how best to use my free time, I'll let you know how much awesome I achieved!

Tonight's agenda: Stain the shed (weather permitting), return the empty beer bottles from the basement, take propane tanks to the recycle depot, pack/prep for Tuesday's adventures, Weights, if time permits play Goldeneye with the surround sound cranked (reasonably ;)) which I can't do when the kids are around

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I don't fear going/being bald. But that doesn't stop me from grumbling under my breath about "damn people with their thick flowing hair. Look how they waste it!" lol. I also make the same complaint about "f@*#ing thin people." which I am slowly becoming :D

I don't fear going/being bald. But that doesn't stop me from grumbling under my breath about "damn people with their thick flowing hair. Look how they waste it!" lol. I also make the same complaint about "f@*#ing thin people." which I am slowly becoming :D

I have no fear of going bald. I didn't waste my "thick flowing hair," I had it down to my bum through high school and the first year or two of college. Now I've (usually) got a more professional hair style, medium-to-short length side part and am in the process of wasting it away. Now, as far as "f@*#ing thin people," I still hate them and will until I can assimilate myself with them. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Remember to sign up for fantasy football folks.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I recently turned 40 (8/14) and have been buzzing my own head for at least 10 years. I've gone down to 0 within the last 3 or 4 years now and my wife loves it. I've also recently started growing a beard. I love it! The wife? Not so much but she tolerates it. Also it seems like the hair that vanished from my head has appeared on my upper back and chest. That I don't like. A female coworker called me Rick Ross when I showed up after vacation with the beard. I'm thinking of not shaving my head so it kind of flows with the beard. I don't know...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

bald and bearded? pretty much the go-to look for badasses these days. case in point:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5291[/ATTACH]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

bald and bearded? pretty much the go-to look for badasses these days. case in point:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5290[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5291[/ATTACH]

I'll second this motion.

3.) Digits, not hitting on some random chick at the gas station who isn't particularly attractive to begin with isn't anything to be concerned with. In fact it's probably healthier that trying to pick her up simply because "she's there".

Nah, you misunderstood. I normally don't hit on random chicks at the supermarket. It was just that I barely even communicated, which is kind of a skill I had to build up over the years.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Guest Snake McClain

Well i have no fear of going bald...but something has recently come up in my life regarding to the way I dress.

SO let's discuss this.

Manly dress attire. I'm trying to get away from the jeans and t shirt look all the time. Going for a more distinguished look. It pleases my lady when I wear button up shirts. she's a sucker for them. SHe told me she doesnt want me to change how i dress or spend money on stuff. I'm wanting to look more adult anyway. sans the mohawk i have of course (soon i'll be switching back to an older look i had since its getting colder). SO....leads to men's fashion that is not that expensive?

As a preliminary step, you can get jeans in a darker wash (with no holes, etc.) and pair that with button down shirts. If you're looking for something beyond that I have no idea. Jeans are my go-to clothing. Unless I need a suit, then I rent a low-key tux.