Forums are back in action! ×

Fell of Rainbow Road and into the void

I am in a major respawn moment. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that I am not where I want to be. I was insanely proud of myself for a while. I was eating healthy, hiking 6-9 miles every few days, and simply treating myself as a priority. Then, I changed jobs where I advanced quickly to laboratory supervisor. I surrounded myself with people who eat out every lunch period, hate their job, and wallow in self-pity and hatred.

I have been banned from hiking until physical therapy allows me back on the trails, but I still miss the hikes and the adventures. I am doing some weight lifting with my personal trainer and I plan on starting to do yoga. I just lost my way with the nutrition.

So my Mario fell off of rainbow road, but he's been caught by Lakitu and is getting placed back on the track. I can do this!

I have to start some smaller more attainable goals. I tend to write down things like "Walk 1 mile every morning", but I've realized that I can't go straight to that. I first need to start waking up at the same time every day, then move to waking up earlier (and earlier) so that I'll have time to go for a walk. Finally, I can add walking once a week, then twice a week, etc.

I have to focus on one thing at a time. I'm so scatter brained some days that I just can't focus on much.

Here's my goal for this month, and for me, it's rather hard. I'm going to drink 5 cups of water a day. Yeah -- should be easy, but I'm the girl that will only drink 1 to 3 cups a day. I'm drifting in the badlands without the appropriate water. No wonder I feel like crap.

Also, I've distanced myself from the people at work. I'm slowly finding myself a new tribe outside of the online world. I'm ready to take my life back.

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress

Yay for respawns! Also, PS, Rainbow Road was always my nemesis, so I feel this...

As far as the water thing, I know one thing that helps me is that I carry a one-liter water bottle around with me because if it's in front of me, I'll drink it. Otherwise, I'm like you and just won't even think about it. Having a big water bottle in front of me all day helps me go from drink 0-2 cups of water a day to 1-2 liters--it's a big help.

Slayer Druid

"Welcome to the Hellmouth."

My Epic Quest | My Battle Log | My Blog

Current challenge: Slayer Hits the Books

Archived challenges: 12345

As far as the water thing, I know one thing that helps me is that I carry a one-liter water bottle around with me because if it's in front of me, I'll drink it. Otherwise, I'm like you and just won't even think about it. Having a big water bottle in front of me all day helps me go from drink 0-2 cups of water a day to 1-2 liters--it's a big help.

I wish I could constantly keep it in front of me. I work in a medical laboratory so we aren't allowed to have any food or drinks with us. I try to remember to get water whenever it slows down. I had an alarm every few hours as a reminder, but I tended to ignore it. Still looking for something to help me remember. 

One of the greatest discoveries man makes, one of the greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do. -- Henry Ford

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Battle Chronicles of Sacculina

Sacculina's Wordpress