Forums are back in action! ×

Quothy's Winter Onederland!

It's taken two years of work with a lot of hiccups along the ways, but I've done it! I'm finally under 200 lbs! I weighed in at 199.6 lbs this morning and I couldn't be prouder of myself :D

I let out a happy squeal. I cried a bit. I made myself late to work. I'm still tearing up thinking about it. It's crazy to think how much mental baggage I had tied up over being 200+ lbs. I feel so much lighter now.

I've lost 38.4 lbs. I'm 'tied' with past-me from 2009 for lowest weight, which is also my lowest ever weight. Every pound lost from here on out marks a new lowest weight. I have under 50 lbs left to get to my goal weight. 

It feels so damn good. And now the ball is rolling. I have a few more milestones coming up along my journey that I'll be sharing too :)

194 lbs marks the halfway point to my goal

188 lbs marks the point at which I transition from an obese BMI to and overweight BMI

156 lbs marks the point at which I transition from an overweight BMI to a normal BMI (and I can't believe this even feels in reach right now)

There will be more along the way :) Like when my waist gets under 40 inches. Or when I'm wearing a single digit size. Or when I start wearing Mediums.

I feel so good about the future right now :)  And I've earned my first tattoo!

• Like 4

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)

Yay, this is so exciting!!! Congratulations! :congratulatory::encouragement::excitement::applause::star:

Thank you!! I had a bit of a stupid grin on my face all day yesterday. I'm ~1.5 lbs away from the 40 lbs lost mark and I'm considering doing a before and after and putting it on facebook. I haven't been overly public about what I'm doing and it would be nice to share my victory with everyone on there :)

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you for (1) reaching this awesome milestone, (2) following through with your goals and solid habits for two years, and (3) getting your new tattoo soon! :D

Thank you!! I pretty proud of the not regressing for two whole years thing too. Sure I could have lost more weight, but I struggle with consistency, so at least I've done something right with that haha. I'll definitely be posting pics of the tattoo once I get it. I just have to see a dermatologist first to get my (numerous) freckles checked out before I cover them up XD

• Like 2

Wandering Monk

Starting Weight: 238 Current Weight: 189.2 Goal Weight: 150

PRs

Mile: 12:49 (11/1/14) 5K: 44:07 (3/13/16)