Forums are back in action! ×

Beastie's victory lap

This is going to be my permanent thread for all things good!

So far, three little victories - but important ones.

Victory 1: Exercise.

Anyone who payed attention to anime over the last year knows about One Punch Man and by extension Saitama. His regimen of 100 squat/push ups/sit-ups and 10k EVERY DAY is what seems to have given him enough strength to defeat any foe with a single punch as well as withstand a lot of stuff that could be charitably described as ' HAX Bullshit'.

100 of anything is daunting, but I realized that I can do 10 of anything.

So I've been doing a TEN PUNCH MAN exercise set which is 10 sit-ups/squats/wall push-ups and 1 k(or about 1/2 a mile) daily.

I've got a full week under my belt and yesterday I upped the sit-ups to 15!

TEN PUUUUUUUUNNNNNCH

Victory 2: Diet

I moved just recently and in the nearly two weeks I've been settling in, I've discovered that my way to and from work gives me far less opportunity to get junk food or soda.

In fact I haven't had soda in all that time. Also I've been taking two camelback bottles to work with me, which is 45 more ounces of water than I used to get.

Keeping the momentum moving, I'm researching recipes for the impending snowstorm this weekend. I have a love for really heavy, meaty, fatty things and I have terrible cravings for them in the winter because I hate the cold. I sense a lot of sweet potatoes in my future.

• Like 2

Race: Qunari Profession: Rebel Level: 1

STR 1 | DEX 1 |STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

I love that workout idea! What a fun way to start a new routine! 

I find soups and crock pot recipes are a good way to get get cold weather comfort food without eating everything in sight (because I, too, suffer from this problem). There's an amazing paleo sweet potato shepherd's pie. So good! :D

Slayer Druid

"Welcome to the Hellmouth."

My Epic Quest | My Battle Log | My Blog

Current challenge: Slayer Hits the Books

Archived challenges: 12345