Forums are back in action! ×

Succes story update - Dave the radio host

Hey everyone ! It's been a very long while since i've posted on NF, even though I still have been stalking every success story since. 

A while back I had the chance to talk to Steve, and got my success story posted (http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/09/24/how-dave-the-radio-host-lost-over-170-lbs/)

Just a quick message to say that I am still on track.

Since the article was written ALOT has changed for me, I will try and resume it all. Here we go.

Met the love of my life, a 21 year old girl who is into sports as much as me, last year I decided to go all out and bought her a participation to a Spartan Race saying '' Hey what the heck let's go'' , we made it through and it was a wonderful experience, and as I always say, keep people who go the same direction as you, really close.

My weight has been holding up, it went up a little scale wise, as I have gained some muscle mass,  which is way ok for me, keeping healthy life styles and training so much is great for me.  

Last summer, my boxing coach and I parted ways sadly  for different reasons, and I could not let the sport which saved my life, go dead in my hometown...so I founded a non profit organization....a boxing club ! My very own boxing club which has an only goal, allow people to get back in shape and help those who are in financial troubles to access these courses to discover the sport of second chances :)  As of now, I give 7 courses a week, to over 100 people in my home town, aged from 5 to 80 years of age!  I have courses for businesses, courses at the local sport center, courses for kids AND courses at the local high school...all of which is done on a volunteer basis with my 3 assistants ( mother, girlfriend and best friend) whom have all followed their coaching courses with me.  All the money which is received is reinvested into equipement and rental of different spaces. My pay ? The smiles, sweat and tears of joy people have when they see that they are really capable of accomplishing something!  And I must say...not paying to workout most def helps a budget :) Spare time? No need, I do what I love :)

On another note, I was approached by the local hospital foundation, which pick up money for the community, to buy different health equipments, help people who need to travel for medical care and patient comfort.  They asked me to be the president of the organization and to be their speaker to the community. I absolutely love helping people directly in the community!

I always dreamed of helping others, and BAM here it is :)

I was scared of what would come once I passed my objective...I learned not to worry, awesome challenges and opportunities are always around the corner ;)

Here are a few pics ! (sorry for the sheer size of them)

10648476_835734586524376_63198924145269612593821_837822532982248_10284667549752712514057_832552076842627_71485025364417612593897_835734363191065_770324951712303

• Like 1

Adventurer

STR: 3| DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3| WIS:2| CHA:2

COOL! Much congrats man :D And thanks for the links to the back story - I hopped on NF about this time last year so wasn't aware of the journey ^_^

That is seriously awesome man! I love reading stuff like this! I just joined the forums and got on the whole 'Rebel bandwagon' and yours is the first success story I've read. I hope it all blossoms out for you! Boxing is a truly demanding and amazing sport. I hope you make the best of things and never give up! Play the Rocky theme man, you earned it!

PS: That is some pretty sweet armor their friend!

I'm training to be (like) Batman physically, mentally, and financially.