Forums are back in action! ×

Once More Unto the Breach, Dear Friends...

English dead, Prince Harry, St. George, and all that... (Seriously though, that speech? My favourite ever.)

Imagine, if you will. One girl, who has been flirting with permanent fitness for the past two or so years. One morning in early December, she gets the idea to start a running streak, every day, posting on Instagram to keep her honest. (Hey, it's the 21st century. And architecture is pretty.)

Cue the New Year, and she sets out on a quest to improve her entire life. She's been running all this time, apart from one rather nasty flu over Christmas, but she wants to get stronger as well - ComicCon is coming up, and she wants to do Rey justice...

And now it's the middle of February, and I'm finally getting around to the strength training bit. I'm still streaking (Day 53!), and increasing my mileage gradually, but I have the headspace now to start something extra. So I've signed up for the Academy (going to do this with as much guidance as possible), and this morning was my first official Bodyweight Brigade workout!! 

I've tried strength training before, but I haven't really been able to keep up with it. Something always seems to get in the way. But not this time! I have the information at my fingertips, the guidance I need, and this community to keep me motivated. 

To the last time I need to respawn!

For the rebellion!

Petra

• Like 3

Hell yeah to the Rey cosplay! And also to the respawn! Are you enjoying the bodyweight workout? For me, the key was finding something I really enjoyed doing (which I'm still in the process of). Right now, my thing is yoga. There are lots of ways to build strength! But the Bodyweight Brigade is awesome, so kudos if that's working for you! Here's to consistency!

• Like 1

Slayer Druid

"Welcome to the Hellmouth."

My Epic Quest | My Battle Log | My Blog

Current challenge: Slayer Hits the Books

Archived challenges: 12345

I'm imagining and digging what I see! I find, personally, I need more accountability for my strength training. Enter my awesomesauce trainer. She rocks. She knows how to deal with older faeries like me, and she keeps me honest. I only see her twice a week, so my progress is very slow, only 10 total inches in 6 months, but hey, even when the faerie flies slowly she's still a flyin', yeah? 

Hoping your respawn is still on track, and remember, you can respawn again and again with more knowledge each time. Don't beat yourself up-- do what you need to do to stick with it! Sending you positive vibes!!!

• Like 1

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log