Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from the closest thing to Hoth...North Dakota

Hello everyone,

My name is Adam and I am 26 years old.  I discovered Nerd Fitness about 2 months ago when I found an article regarding finding time to work out when you have weird work hours.  I started getting more out of shape and my diet started to spiral out of control so I decided to grab control of my life and start moving in the right direction again.  Nerd fitness really made that helpful because it allowed me to challenge myself.  My job depends on my body being in top shape and it could honestly be life and death some day.  Thankfully I haven't had any close calls but I have been close enough to realize that at the end of the day I am going home and that is not an option.  About a year ago I also met the girl of my dreams and am still with her to this day.  We plan to have kids in the future and I want to be their role model and hero.  So far Nerd Fitness has helped me step toward the direction of my dreams and although I have had my off-days I will continue to never give up.  I hope to be an active member of the community here on the forums and get to know some of you!

Welcome!!

I'm glad you found your way here. I know that, once I get into the right frame of mind, there has been nothing as helpful as this site for keeping me there. THe community is great support, and the information here is so helpful!

Look forward to seeing you around :) 

• Like 1

Kilyra|Level 4|Gorgon|Adventurer

Stats: STR 5 | STA 10 | DEX 8 | CON 8 | WIS 9 | CHA 6

"If all I do is try, that means I don't truly believe I can succeed. Look, I may fail. You may fail. But there is no try" ~Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars: Rebels

Introduction|Challenge|The Writer's Guild|Battle Log

Spoiler

Eating 90/10 (2 of 4)

50%
50%

Workout at least 4x a week (8 of 16)

50%
50%

Hollow Body Work 3x a week (6 of 12)

50%
50%

Life Goal: Write 3.5 hrs a week (1 of 4)

25%
25%

Hi!  I'm new too, and also from a (sometimes) Hoth-like place.  We've been having a mostly mild winter here in Upstate NY, but some days have been really unpleasantly cold.  I'm also planning on spawning in the next few years, and I'd love to be in so much better shape for that.  My husband dropped 70+lbs last year, so he's ready to go, and I'm like, "Still fat over here..."  I'm working on it though!

My plan for getting through graduate school: Science, Lifting, and Knitting