Forums are back in action! ×

So last time was a false start...... Still have damaged health though

Things are worst than I thought. I went to the doctor today for my physical, everything was great. Except for my HDL, it was very low. By doctor didn't seem too worried about it, as long as I start exercising again. So I am highly motivated to work out, my doctor said I could take meds or hit the gym. So I’m in the process of developing a work-out program. So I’m only sorta worried about my HDL being low, but as long as I start exercising I should be fine. Wish me luck!

• Like 1

Don't think I'm helpless, just because I'm soft and cuddly! ~ Natasha Romanoff

My past is my own ~ Natasha Romanoff

I'm my own woman -- first, , last -- and always! ~ You get the idea, Black Widow is basically my role model....

Cholesterol is a bit overrated as a health rubric. (My 60-year-old mother has "high LDL" and she eats brown rice and salads and bikes 20 miles a day. Her heart is juuuuust fine.)

Go for walks every day, eat right and don't worry too much. Don't take all month "planning" a workout regime, just get your deliciously curvy butt moving on a daily basis. If you do that consistently already, THEN think about the gym a few times a week.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I can empathize with your fight against the LDL monster as I am fighting that battle as well at the moment. A great physical is a great start and as Raincloak said, starting with some basic walking and food adjustments. You don't need luck, you've got a hero's heart and the Rebellion on your side!

My medical team suggested focusing on increasing fruits and vegetables. Try having a dedicated fruit bowl somewhere in your kitchen and has a few different choices. For me having fruit that I had already paid for right in my face whenever I snuck down for a snack made me more inclined to choose that! 

Level 3 Half-Elf Monk 

Past Challenges: artemisia enters the arena with the Wild Huntartemisia's new stomping ground rode in  The Wild Hunt Rides Againartemisia used respawn with Misc. Being.

STR: 2; DEX: 3; STA: 5; CON: 7; WIS: 7; CHA: 2

"Fantasy is an exercise bicycle for the mind. It might not take you anywhere, but it tones up the muscles that can." --Terry Pratchett

Thanks for the encouragement! My job keeps my fairly active, but I can always do more and be better. I actually read these yesterday before I went to the gym :) And I made myself go for a run this morning. I'm gonna improve my diet and focus on building stamina for exercise.

I'm my own woman -- first, , last -- and always! ~ You get the idea, Black Widow is basically my role model....

If your job keeps you on your feet already, you might benefit more from lifting weights than from running.  But if you like to run, don't let me stop you.  Just saying, if you find it hard to keep up with a running program, as many women do, you don't have to do that.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I love lifting, except for the next day, when I'm sore.... But I really enjoy lifting, but I also enjoy running. It gives me a sense of freedom, but I'll do weights before running anyday of the week.