Forums are back in action! ×

5 lbs gone!

I started weightlifting again and doing the 6 small meals a day and have lost 5 pounds in a week and a half! Granted its probably mostly water weight but it still counts! I havent been under 270 in years, so this is amazing for me. I am worried if that was too much to lose that quick, but factoring in the massive lifestyle change i would assume it is on par or normal

• Like 2

Discantis the Bold, level 1 Celtic Warrior
                                                                                            STR 5|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 1
                                                                                     Current challenge, & 50/50 Squat Challenge of Br0din

​  My Epic Quest: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/83779

Yes for sure, I am prepared that it will venetually flatten out, but man, this stuff works! I couldnt believe by eating more than I was (I was a 270lbs man eating 1500 a day) I am actually losing weight and gaining muscle!

when you say stall: is that because although the number on the scale is the same, its because your muscle gain is equal to the fat you lots type thing?

I would heavily reinforce those words, 'quick loss, then usually it will either slow down or seem to stall'. 

Don't worry about the scale if you stall; take other metrics/measurements, don't rely on the scale for motivation.  I've been around 260~ for the last year, +/-5lb and while frustrating, my lifting has gone up, my definition has most certainly improved, and I'm down to a 32 size pants as opposed to nearing 38s.  I won't claim to have gained substantial amounts of muscle; but, the improvements across the board out-weight (damn puns...) my actual weight loss in this last year.

• Like 1

-Purple_Panda

thanks Purple_Panda, ill keep that in mind. Wen I notice the scale stalling or going up ill check measurements

Pics help too. As much as you may not want to take a selfie, it really helps after you complete a challenge or phase and you can literally SEE the difference from the beginning to end! It's really hard to tell day after day when you evaluate yourself in the mirror whether you've made any progress, so seeing the changes (even if they're small) are a lot easier when you compare over a period of time. Also provides great motivation to continue, especially if the scale stalls. Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks Hart. Very good advice. I may have to do that

Great Job Daflyboy84!

When I started working on my diet plus lifting earlier this year, I saw no real progress on my scale but in the mirror: stance more upright, belly getting less bloated, a liiiittle bit more definition - all with the numbers proving me "wrong" the must time. Sometimes I even gained bodyfat (yeah I know those bodyfatscales aren´t that exact, but for knowing the tendency it´s fine). As long as you feel great it doesn´t matter, so keep it up!

• Like 1

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

@Hart yes I have gotten over the flu and gotten back in the swing of things. I lost another 4.2 this week so close to 10 lbs gone in 2 weeks

10 hours ago, Super Sam said:

I'm not a scholar but I think eating several small meals encourages your body not to put on fat.

The overall calorie intake is what counts. Splitting it into smaller meals or not eating carbs in the evening to loose weigth is a myth.

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!