Forums are back in action! ×

"There has been an awakening... have you felt it?"

Hiya!

So I'm Ellie, your neighbourhood wand-wielder, and as you've probably guessed I'm new here! I love gaming (on a whole bunch of platforms), roleplaying, hoarding comic books, playing trading card games, cosplaying, action figures and a whole bunch more... I suppose you could also consider me your neighbourhood dork, ha ha.  :nevreness:

I'm here not primarily to lose weight but to find a love for exercise and to feel healthy. Back when I used to run I had more energy around-the-clock than now, and with erratic shift schedules and awful weather I've been procrastinating for a long time.

I'm hoping to give running a shot again, perhaps some weight-training to tone up, etc. I suppose I'll try a bit of everything and then see how I feel.

Anyways, glad to be here. Cant wait to get to know you guys!

:rapture:

Welcome to the Rebellion, Ellie. Have a wander around and check things out, and if you have any questions, there's normally tons of helpful people around to ask. :)

Thank you. I'll definitely have a look around. So far, so good!

Welcome, and I love your avatar.  It's definitely energetic!

Thank you!

You sound like my kind of person! Welcome to NF and I hope you find what you're looking for!

Aw, thank you! I can't wait to meet other like minded nerds, dorks and geeks on here. The community here seems really kind and welcoming so I'm sure I will. 

emoticon-cute-003.gif

Hey Ellie, you play ps4 or any other consoles? Come on, I'm looking for someone to geek out about Kingdom Hearts 3 and Persona 5 when its out. :tongue:

Just curious, what made you start running in the first place? Joined any marathons before? And welcome to the forums!

Ah, I'm PC and xbox unfortunately! But I'm dying to see how Persona 5 pans out! I'll probably haul out my PS3 just to play it!

And ooh, running. That was a while back. I think its because I live in a nice area; there's a lot of different terrain and great sights to see. Running meant you could put on some kickbutt music, go for a run and see some nice sights. Plus nothing makes you feel more like some sort of elven ranger than a run in the woods, haha! I love the idea of trying some HIIT, bodyweight workouts and parkour (but my balance is atrocious so we'll have to see about that one...)

Thank you! So far everyone on here seems so friendly - and nerdy too! I think I've found the place for me. :tongue:

Hey Ellie and welcome!

Sounds like you'll fit right in!

If you feel like picking up some weights, let us know and the warriors will be here to support you! I hated exercise until I started lifting. :)

Sundae

Aw, thank you for the warm welcome! Feeling quite comfortable here already!

Honestly, weights is something I'm really interested in doing. I'm a scrawny little thing; 166cm and varying between 46kg and 49kg and hoping to feel lean, mean and ready to take on whatever life can throw at me. I want to be like the video game characters I play, you know? And they're not just scrawny and weak - they duck and dive and assassinate (not that I have any plans to assassinate anybody, of course!) I loved the rush from agility based sports like I feel like weights could be something I could easily fall in love with - I saw an article on here before I even joined about women weightlifting and it made me feel a lot more enthusiastic about the idea. I have zero idea where to start but the warrior forum seems as good a place as any to find out more! :tongue:

• Like 1