Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Sarah. I really suck at these sorts of introductions (or anything period related to public speaking, ;))

25717874870_33336e8d25_z_d.jpg

I'm not even sure what to say, :beguiled: I'm a 34-year-old mom of two, wife of one, and part-time dietary hostess at a local hospital.

Growing up, I was always skinny. I'm still on the "skinny" side (5'4", 120lb or so), but then, it was the "Fat-Skinny". I had toned legs, no visible fat on me, but inside, I know I wasn't the healthiest. I'd wheeze when I walked (no asthma or official breathing issues). Now, after having a FitBit for a little over 15 months, I'm finding that I can run up and down my stairs without getting out of breath! I'm already improving. I had the blood work done for a life insurance policy, and I almost scared myself with how good my levels on EVERYTHING was. Iron levels were a little low, but that was expected. I know I'm anemic. I have to get on track with taking my iron pills like I'm supposed to.

Yesterday, I started C25K for the fifth or sixth time. I did W1D1, twice. Once, in brand new actual official running shoes, and ran all the parts and FELT great! Second time, I was on my trampoline (indoor one), and again, felt great. Today, I'm exhausted (I'm not a morning person and I slept in a little too long). I'm terrible at keeping things going. I'm awful at keeping myself motivated!

So, I'm hoping joining here (and several other places), will help me find my motivation to stick to this. To finish healthy.

• Like 1

Hey there,

I am new here as well, but I wanted to welcome you. From what I have seen so far I am sure there are plenty of people here to help encourage you. Just remember that what counts isn't motivation - its discipline. You can't always wait to 'want' to do something, or to be 'motivated' you have to do it because its just what you do! Make a plan and stick to it no mater what (easier said than done, but still).

Keep running, it's what humans evolved to do! 

Level 8 Expert in Obscure Details

Challenges: 1 : 234 : 5 : 6The Martian