Forums are back in action! ×

Satus: Food Coma. Need rez please

I just had one of the most excellent weeks in a long time and woke up feeling better than ever. I had been having issues with snacking and craving (really cheap, on top of that) chocolate, and had been dealing with that by budgeting for it in my daily meals. Today though, the chocolate eggs just tasted really sweet, almost sickeningly so, to the point where I did not really want any. I want to stress again that this was really an excellent day. I was also super-productive and efficient, which made me even happier.

I have no idea what happened over the day. I caved somewhat through and ate a belgian waffle, which put me slightly over my allotted calories, but not too much of an issue especially because dieting is not a priority for me right now. It really is just a couple of vanity pounds I'd like to shed because I have started slightly seeing my abs and want to find out if I can see more of the. It should not have been a big deal.

Instead, for some reason, when I went home I went on a massive binge. I mentioned that earlier when I checked in an hour or so ago, but after that I actually continued. I have no idea how much I ate, but some head-math tells me I am well in the 1000 - 1500 calories consumed.

The funny thing is that I don't really feel particularly horrible about it. Just... shocked. This is not something usual for me. My problem has always been grazing but bingeing was never much of an issue. In any case, not on these levels.

Anyhow, I figured I needed a respawn, and was wondering amongst those of you who have experienced this how you normally go about recovering from a binge, or if you have any sort of advice in general on this kind of phenomenom.

(PS: I did not actually reach food coma levels, btw. Though that might have something to do that I had eaten almost all the easter eggs away already.)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Chocolate - a bunch of those oreo milka eggs and half a tablet of dark chocolate. Half a package of paprika-coated peanuts. Another belgian waffle. Undefined amount of toast. That is what I remember. I seem to recall there was more junk in between - some peanut butter or something.

Oh, beer.

that is 200cal of milka eggs, 260 of dark chocolate, 300 of peanuts, 350 waffle. No idea how much the toast was but probably another 200-300. The beer was surprisingly just 100.

Total: 1350, I guess.

Oh, I forgot the candy. Surprisingly only 50 as well.

Fun looking at it a couple of days later. It suddenly does not seem nearly as bad, though it felt physically horrible both on the moment and the next day.

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

It's incredibly easy to start eating badly, then then let it snowball into a massive amount of food.  It takes time developing a sense of willpower, and did everything to do so.  Even to the point of screaming "NO!" as loud as I could in my head.

In the milliseconds you have before picking up unhealthy food, think about what you're goals are, and if you really want to eat that.  It's okay to indulge, but more often than not, that brief pause has helped me tremendously.

One last thing:  Don't let bad eating lead to more bad eating.  Having a mentality of "Well, I ate like shit for breakfast, I might as well eat like shit for lunch" is like saying "Well, I dropped my cell phone.  I might as well step on it."

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire