Forums are back in action! ×

I have respawned yet again. No armor, no gear, and less skill points.  My boat has ran ashore on Noob Isle and worse yet my left arm seems to be mangled.  I pick myself up off the beach and the walk inland in search of any other forms of Rebel life on this island.  I climb to a high point on the island to discern my location.  From my estimate, I have a few weeks journey to the Shaman to get the arm repaired and months of recovery after. 

I need to keep my spirits up and continue to get stronger.  My stamina has improved much over the last few days.  I can walk forever now and not get tired.  However, I am tired of walking.  I want to get stronger, I need to improve, but without full use of my arm I find my mood darkening. 

Now that that drama is over.... With shoulder surgery on horizon and the temptation to destroy my body and demons with the bottle, I stuggle daily to keep my head above water.  I know I sound emo but I'm truly not.  I usually am a very upbeat and motivated person, but I'm approaching my wits end.  I need a new starting point to create a quest chain from.  I drink mostly water, I eat rather clean, and I get over 10,000 steps 5 of 7 days a week.  Any help would be appreciated.

Stumpwater J

Having your body not fully functional is so frustrating! As far as the emotional/mental effects of what you're dealing with, you might try starting with some mindfulness meditation. The Headspace or Buddhify apps are both really helpful for that -- no experience required. You also might try some strength training that doesn't require use of your shoulder, like squats and lunges. You could actually probably modify the bodyweight workouts on NF to avoid your shoulder. Hope some of this helps!

Slayer Druid

"Welcome to the Hellmouth."

My Epic Quest | My Battle Log | My Blog

Current challenge: Slayer Hits the Books

Archived challenges: 12345

That is very helpful, thank you.  I always forget to meditate or even just be.  With the constant assault of life everyday I sometimes forget to take time for myself.  As for alternate exercises that is my plan.  I just need to let my body heal and keep working with the docs to obtain my goals.

• Like 1