Forums are back in action! ×

Well another newbie here, I'm 28 with two littles that have been my focus for the past 5 years and though after each I "lost" the baby weight as soon as it was gone somehow it reappeared....:confused: I've been overweight since about 12 when I first started to struggle with my mental health, I started my mental health healing about a year and a half ago and have been doing great for about 8 months now and its time to focus my physical health.  In January I finally admitted that I had a wheat allergy and cut out all the bad food and have finally learned to enjoy food that nourishes my body instead of nourishing my cravings, I weighed in at 277 at 5'9" and was overwhelmed at the idea of loosing 100-120.  In 4 months I'd barely lost 10 pounds so I've stepped it up and started tracking my calories to maintain a deficit and got a membership at my local gym that includes childcare and started going to the classes 4 days a week.  I've lost weight through dieting but never actually added in the fitness side and have been really enjoying the classes as they are at a level I can do or modify to do!  The only exercise that I've enjoyed is biking and I'm in the process of getting a cargo bike as my main transportation for the kiddies and I, and my goal is to eventually be able to bike 20km while hauling the kids (80lbs combined and only getting bigger!) and just a general level of health that when someone wants to go for a hike I can do it without being concerned about dying.  

My husband and our room mate are on a similar journey of needing to loose 120+ but they're not nerdy so it will be just me here. We are all working together towards getting healthy though we all have different end goals and ways of getting there.

So my Battle Plan for my journey is

Exercise 50 min 4 times a week minimum

Only have 1 coffee a day (been cutting back every month from 5-8 down to 1-2)

Drink 2L of water a day

Keep track of calories daily 1200-1400 

Once I have the bike - Bike 5 days a week minimum (gym + groceries)

Oh nerdy side of me, it has been neglected since kids but still enjoy my fantasy and sic-fi novels, I've been an avid Warcrafter off and on since vanilla as my main game of choice, a Whovian, and just enjoy most things nerdy though never very intense about it as I have a lot of things that I enjoy doing and don't have time for everything 

• Like 3

Ranger in training

We are all Stories in the end just make it a Good One

Pounds to loose: 120 98

Thanks! I'm already seeing results (well hubby is noticing them...) clothes are fitting different and I have way more energy throughout the day and each time I do a class I'm able to do things better and faster without as much fatigue after!  The scale hasn't budged much though but inches have and that's more important to me!! I've been over in most of my goals especially the water drinking which I'm noticing makes a huge difference and have actually been on the lower end of calories and not been hungry or snackie nearly as much though my hubby and room mate aren't at the same level for eating and are big snackers especially in the evening though they are trying to clean up what they are snacking on.

• Like 1

Ranger in training

We are all Stories in the end just make it a Good One

Pounds to loose: 120 98

I think most people walk around perpetually a little dehydrated. Everything works better if you're well hydrated.  Also, if you're a person who is used to snacking, drinking water kind of fills in that gap.  I know if I sit around doing nothing next to food, I'm going to eat it out of boredom.  I keep a bottle of water at my desk at work, and now I'm drinking 3 liters of water during a work day regularly.  Good to see you're getting results.

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

I lost about 7-8 years of my life to Warcrafting.. I can't say I am a bicycle enthusiast at the present but I would not be opposed to it after I get a bit of a base level fitness going. I still play too many video games and not enough exercising, but I am very glad to see you're having some success! Keep at it. 

Akuyo - Level 0 Lycan Rebel

Stats: 0 STR, 0 DEX, 0 CON, 0 STA, 0 WIS, 0 CHA