Forums are back in action! ×

Well, I’ve been a Nerd Fitness fan for a long time and finally signed up with the Academy a few weeks ago. One of my Epic Quests is to overcome my online shyness as well as I’ve overcome my in person shyness. So, here’s an introduction…

Fitness (lifting heavy things because its fun and time on the treadmill because its good for me) has come and gone in my life several times. For the last six months I’ve managed to not use kids/commute/anything else as an excuse, so have the habit re-established, but need to maintain it.

My weight is higher than it should be (5’9”, 232, female), but lower than it has been. I’ve been using the nutrition quests to work towards “Paleo-ish” and think it’s helping. My overall goals are to bring my weight down and my strength up so that I can squat and deadlift my weight.

I’ve always been a nerd – science fiction and fantasy books growing up, DND when I found my “tribe” in college, video games and more books ever since along with “professional nerd” credibility that comes from being a physicist. Everything has to fit around husband, kids, and job, but I’m excited that our 9-year old and 5-year old show every sign of being just as nerdy as I am and can start to play games and watch TV with me. Our son even has my (very non-nerdy) husband reading Harry Potter to him.

Anyway, on to the 20 seconds of courage to post this.

Hello!  I think if you were to venn diagram a bunch of healthy eating programs, you'd find a huge intersection around eat natural basic foods and cut out processed, artificial junk.  I'm not fully paleo and have no intention of going that route.  Generally speaking, if you do 80% of your food shopping around the periphery of the store (dairy which is not paleo, meats, produce), you're probably in decent shape.  Cheers to your 20 seconds!

• Like 1

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

Welcome!

A fellow reader and gamer. Nice! I've always read more fantasy than science fiction. But I enjoy both. What is your favorite book? (I know it is impossible to choose, you can cheat a little, maybe one favorite book per genre or so ;) )

20 seconds of courage. I need to remember that concept when I need it. I wonder where I should put that post it note... :)

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals