Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everybody! As you can tell I'm new here, and I just wanted to say a few things about myself.

First, I am a 5'3, 105lb elf/hobbit mix. I've always been light, and small. Seriously. This is to the point that I went to a new gym with my mom recently, and they didn't have small enough dumbbells for me (the smallest they had were 35lbs), so I tried to use some of the machines. Thing is I didn't know how to use them, so a really nice man (who happened to be a personal trainer there) helped me. We talked a bit, and I told him how I usually go to the Rec center at my university. He thought I was 13.

I'm 19. I'm that small.

Secondly, I am joining this community because it seems super cool. I have been working out for around 9 months now using various videos on youtube (fitness blender is my favorite), classes offered at my university, and with a personal trainer from my university. :adoration: I still have a lot to learn as I know only a few workouts, and always resort to youtube, but I am getting better. I personally love this website because it made me think about all of my goals not just my fitness ones.

As you can see from my username I really love learning languages. I have been studying Japanese for nearly five years, but I am still only at the beginner level. When I started reading things on this website I finally kicked myself into making an actual goal for my Japanese studying. I want to study every day for the entire month of June. I made that goal because I realized I'm not that great at consistency.

Now for my nerd side. I love anime! You can probably tell that from the fact that I like Japanese, but I had to say it. I also love young adult fantasy and sci-fi novels. I also happen to write myself and love writing fantasy and sci-fi. I am a huge Sherlock fan, somewhat of a My Little Pony fan, Star Wars fan, Legend of Zelda fan (but my copy of Ocarina of Time is collecting dust with ganon still undefeated :grumpy:), and a big fan of all of the new marvel movies (especially Antman).

And above all of this I am a Christian who loves the Lord.

So after all of this I'd like to say thanks for reading my ramble, and hello.

What crazy gym doesn't have smaller dumbbells? They are for more than just biceps curls, there are plenty of reasons to use dumbbells of all sizes. I'm also coming from a background of finding things on YouTube but wanting to do more for myself. Nice to meet you. I hope you give an update on how your defeat Ganon goal is progressing, that is one of my favorite games and it took me forever to take Ganon down.

Isn't 35lbs like, 15kg??? What an utterly ridiculous starting weight!!! I think that's the starting weight out in the *back* area of our gym (the big-lifting area I aspire to enter one day!!!) but we've got 2 full sets of 1kg-15kg in the front room!

Learning Japanese sounds like a great goal! We love anime too, and usually watch them in Japanese because the quality of the voice acting is often so much better. But we don't speak Japanese so subtitles it is! 

Actually I like heaps of the same stuff as you. :) My daughter's very into My Little Pony so by extension I've watched a lot of that! And we love Sherlock. :) 

Welcome aboard the forums! :) I'll look forward to seeing your challenge this month! :)