Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all, I'm new around here! My name is Astrid. I'm 24, F, INFP, and live in the northeast. I'm a high school French and Spanish teacher. I've been flirting with actual training for about six years and got fairly serious about yoga a year or so ago, even though I've been somewhat regularly to classes since I started college. I'm about 180#, 5'2 so I'm not what you'd call a very "typical" yoga student, and my teacher recently invited/asked me to do yoga teacher training. I've been thinking about doing training for a few months but I've never committed because I feel like I'm not "in shape enough" to be a yoga teacher, or like they're gonna suddenly find out I can't do crow or something. 

So I'm looking to add something more to my daily practice and I know I need to get serious about not eating like crap. Unfortunately, I've only been on my own a year - I previously lived with my parents and we had to eat absolute junk to be able to afford my college tuition. Now that I'm on my own, I don't have a lot of willpower to eat well. I'll be moving in with my (surprisingly underweight) boyfriend who also eats junk and now my battle is going to be to convince him that mac and cheese is NOT a balanced meal and that energy drinks are absolute junk. Fortunately, since he works full-time and I'll have the summer off, I'm hoping I can do most of the shopping/cooking and spend the rest of my time going to yoga classes, working on grad classes, and doing curriculum planning for my job. And, if I play my cards right, doing some early studying for my yoga teacher training.

Outside of yoga, I love languages (I speak 3 fluently and a couple more very choppily), I'm really into linguistics, I have a super cute cat (Michou), I love cooking, and I spend a lot of time reading and scrolling tumblr. I love traveling and put every penny I save towards traveling - I went to France for 2 weeks with my students this past April, and I'll be in language school in Costa Rica for 3 weeks in July. I'm queer and I love Beyoncé WAY too much. 

So, that's me, I guess?

• Like 1

Astrid || 24 || female || INFP || Druid || level 2

The pose I'm working on is chaturanga dadasana.

Right now I'm reading Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow.

Check out my character, my log, or my challenge.

Hi Astrid! Great to meet you! :) sounds like you've got some great goals and a plan on how to get there! I'm pretty new here too but I think we'll be moving into a new challenge soon, it's a great way to get a feel for the different parts of the forum and start making friends! :) Look forward to seeing you around! :)