Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

p1jyz.jpg 

I feel like I am justified in posting this.

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I am completely fucked in terms of homework. Luckily I've already written off reading that book for class. 

My schedule at work today: 

10-11 department staff meeting

1130-130? Lurk in the back of the room while a bunch of important people eat lunch

2-3 meeting on that conference I had to call people for last week and will probably be assigned to call people about this week. 

I leave at 530 and have work to do for the aforementioned conference and for another event my team is hosting. Arrrgh. 

Tonight in class we're deciding who's presenting their papers on the 5th and who's going on the 12th. Normally I volunteer to go first just to get it out of the way but I might cross my fingers for the 12th just because I'm a slacker. This paper is only 20% of my grade, vs the one for the other class being 45%. So there are priorities. Le sigh. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

One of my classmates just posted on Facebook: "Why the hell do I still have this cold?! It's been a week!" And I'm just like, bitch please. D<

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

This girl in my class on Mondays always comes up and talks to me but it always feels really awkward? And tonight we were at the same bus stop and there must be a god because there are two different buses that go to campus via different routes and luckily she got on the first one that came while I waited for the one that stops at a place down the street from school that makes really good salads. I'm such a terrible person but I swear my face fell when I saw her. I literally thought "oh god I can't spend 45 minutes on the bus with her."

fleaball: A+ human being

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

This girl in my class on Mondays always comes up and talks to me but it always feels really awkward? And tonight we were at the same bus stop and there must be a god because there are two different buses that go to campus via different routes and luckily she got on the first one that came while I waited for the one that stops at a place down the street from school that makes really good salads. I'm such a terrible person but I swear my face fell when I saw her. I literally thought "oh god I can't spend 45 minutes on the bus with her."

fleaball: A+ human being

Spending awkward time with people is awkward, uncomfortable and not fun. Totally understand.

• Like 3

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Good news: paper for tonight's class isn't actually due til the 12th. 

Bad news: still have to throw together a 10-12 minute presentation for next week. So I still actually have to work on it at some point. Not hella concerned but certainly annoyed.

i had an unrelated good news thing and I forgot it. Oh well. Good night. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I have a headache and I'm sleepy and time just refuses to pass today. I'm slacking but I can't find it in myself to care. Literally I'm supposed to be creating a one-page flyer for an event that's already got too much on one page and now they're like "can you add 3 more logos and more information?" Fucking no. 

Also I have to meet with the professor for the stupid thesis thing and I just want to go home. D:

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

26 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

I put together a three page "reflection memo" this morning at 7:00. It took. . . . mmmmmm. . . mebbe 30 minutes?

Three pages of double spaced 12 point times new Roman is what? Six words. So silly

Honestly. I had to write a 500-word thing a few weeks ago and I was done before I even got started. Grad school has ruined me lol. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welp. Was two minutes late meeting thesis advisor lady (it's not a thesis but I'm calling it that for convenience from now on. Fight me.) and she was like "well my cell phone number is in my email signature. I emailed you and you were in your computer when I walked in and I heard several emails arrive. I'm sorry I was late but ugh. 

Anyway. I'm actually kind of excited about this project? Even though it's still super nebulous. I'm also kind of terrified because I have to design the research project and carry it out. Eep. But it will be fine. I just have a lot of reading to do over Christmas break. Aahhhh I'm finally growing up and going to be a real student lol

also I'm doing Uber pool rn and the driver is using a different app for gps and call me a bitch but I really hope he doesn't realize he's supposed to pick up this other person. I just want to go home. 

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So I'm currently looking up student groups at a university to see if we can invite them to our conference, and the icon of an unrelated group was a pair of handcuffs. It was the criminal justice student association, but that's definitely not what my first guess was. The internet has ruined me.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm gonna scream. "Email me the contact information for key contacts at these organizations. I should be the one to initiate contact" just became "hey you know all those names you just emailed me? Why don't you call them and talk to them about the thing, but come up with an entirely different script from the one we've been using."

Fuck this conference man. I understand the people working on it are under pressure and have 8000 things to do so whatever I can do for them is helpful but honestly they're changing the rules every 5 minutes and never tell me the same thing twice and it's driving me fucking crazy.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

Fuck this conference man. I understand the people working on it are under pressure and have 8000 things to do so whatever I can do for them is helpful but honestly they're changing the rules every 5 minutes and never tell me the same thing twice and it's driving me fucking crazy

Whatever their burden, that is just being inconsiderate and stupid. So, no sympathy for them here. If they took more than 1/100th second to think before telling you what to do, they would figure out what they needed (changing it every 5 minutes kinda shows they just need to take a few more seconds to think about what to assign you).

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Guess who might now have an ear infection on top of everything else? Hint: it's me. My ears are red and there's fluid buildup so there might be the beginning of an ear infection. She told me to take sudafed for a few days to see if I feel better, and if not there's an antibiotic waiting for me. Uggggggh. I really want to be done with all of this now. 

And hey the class I have in 25 minutes is moving to a restaurant down the street so we can split appetizers and discuss the end of the semester. Or something. Yay food. Except I doubt anyone will have cash whee. 

Paper due for this class a week from today. Haven't done anything for it since the proposal was due 3-4 weeks ago. Oopsie. It's going to be an interesting weekend.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Apparently the bathtub drain at my parents' house has been clogged all week. So my fucking father brought home plumber's strength drain cleaner with sulfuric acid. As far as I know those are the original pipes (the house is a hundred years old). So hey, when my mother ran the water today the drain was clear but there was water flowing through the lights in the kitchen because it ate through the damn pipes. Whee. 

Really, really not looking forward to going home. 

ETA: This was my 5000th post on NF. Go me.

• Like 6

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Unloading about things that are stressing me out. Mostly because I have 15 minutes left at work and how else am I going to use this time productively?

• I'm not really consciously stressed about my papers, but I can feel myself getting tense and anxious when I think about the (little) time I have to do them in. Basically I'm used to finals week being no other obligations, and I keep forgetting that I have this internship that I need to be at. Oops.
  • On top of that, Monday I have to go to an event elsewhere in DC and takes notes and such because the people who'd normally be going are currently abroad. Also Monday? Presentation that I haven't started (that is also the paper due the following Monday, so I can't really half-ass the presentation or I'm doing double the work when I attempt the paper.)
  • Tuesday I'm going to an info session on a State Department program that I sort of which I weren't going to because at the very least I know I'm not fluent enough in French right now to get a position. But you had to register ahead of time and give them your ID information and I feel like it would probably be frowned upon to back out? I might wait and email them Monday and say I'm sick or something and see if I can get out of it, but still leave work early for it and just go home instead.
  • Work is pissing me off because they just can't get their shit together. It's pretty ridiculous. And they're stressing me out because they're so stressed out but honestly they've created their own problems. And next week is supposed to be even crazier. Ugh.
  • I've been looking up flights to go home for Christmas and wow. I really don't want to deal with any of this. At all.
  • I think I've gotten to the point where I'm just stressing myself out by thinking about how stressed out I am.
  • Oh. Right. And a friend from undergrad is going to be in the area next week except by that I mean Northern Virginia with is geographically close but also impossible to get to because traffic. She's free Sunday and Thursday nights and I'm just like... this is literally the worst possible week to hang out. I said I'd make time one of those nights for dinner or something but she didn't say until just now that she's not going to be in DC proper. So I'm going to tell her that I can meet her if she's willing to come into the city. Because my car is busted (my parents' mechanic said there might be a leak in the fuel line, based on my description of it) and taking the train out there would be at least an hour each way. Ugggh. but now I'm stressed about this and trying to figure out how to make it work. I'm okay with it not working, personally, but I feel like saying no would be letting her down which is a thing I am not programmed to do. :rolleyes: I mean I do want to see her, but priorities.

So I'm going to go home, pick up my antibiotics and some food, watch tv, and then get started on the topic for the presentation. I literally I guess.

For the benefit of everyone I'm not facebook friends with: I literally thought to myself earlier, "My paper's not due til midnight on Thursday. If I start at noon that gives me 12 hours." As if this were a viable option. (I've done worse tbh. I think I wrote a 10-page paper in 4 hours last semester? But I don't want to do that again.) So I guess I'm not quite as bad off as I think I am.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Liked mostly to say I read. That is just a lot of small bullshits, but many small bullshits makes a pretty darn big pile. Hugs? *sending hugs*

giphy.gif

(Yes, I am re-using because CUTE!)

• Like 2

Feel free to reuse that gif as many times as you want. It's adorable. 

SO I just had a moment of minor panic. Wake up my computer, it doesn't play any sound. Okay. Restart. Now it's looking for an ethernet connection and I go into settings and it doesn't even have an option for wifi? Okay, slight panic and restart again. Now the wifi is back but it says there are no available networks, including the one my phone is currently connected to. Freak out. Google on phone. Freak out more because I don't even know what I'm looking for and hate looking things up on my phone. Immediately freak out about having to spend the entire rest of the weekend on campus because my computer is useless. Restart again in desperation. Everything magically works, what the fuck. All my important documents live in Google Drive but I think I need to find time to back up the whole computer anyway. It's a little over two years old which I know is ancient in computer terms but I got 4 years out of each of my other two laptops. :\

Did not go grocery shopping or pick up my antibiotics last night. It's on tap for today but it's currently 2pm and I haven't done anything all day. I think the stress and anxiety are making me inert. Honestly all I want to do is read a 100k word fanfic but that's probably frowned upon when homework is due. An hour ago I was about to look for a crock pot recipe to make tomorrow but then the computer thing happened. I'll do that as soon as I'm done here so I can do shopping because there's no food in my house that will really make a meal of any kind. 

Plane tickets home were purchased last night. My mother paid for them. It was her idea. Even though it was under $300 I still find the amount stressful. Bleh. But at least that's done. And I managed to schedule flights so that I can make my therapy appointments before and after Christmas. So at least that's crossed off my list. I just emailed the info session people and say I have a conflict at work and can't get the time off to go to the thing. It sounds like an interesting job but at the end of the day I don't think I'd enjoy signing a 5-year contract with State. I am not made for government work. So that stress is gone. Now I just have to decide whether I'm staying at work that day or leaving early anyway and coming home. It will probably depend on how crazy things are on Tuesday. Meh. 

Okay. So that's a few stressful things crossed off the list. Haven't heard back from the friend who wants to meet up but honestly I'm hoping she decides she doesn't want to come into the city. 

Totally just procrastinating at this point and it's almost 3 now. I literally cleaned out some of the saved emails on one of my accounts and now as I look for recipes I'm just cleaning out my bookmarks. Definitely things that needed to be done but really not things that need to be done now. Fail. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

47 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Feel free to reuse that gif as many times as you want. It's adorable.

Believe me. I will. :3

Okay. So that's a few stressful things crossed off the list.

Yay!

Totally just procrastinating at this point and it's almost 3 now. I literally cleaned out some of the saved emails on one of my accounts and now as I look for recipes I'm just cleaning out my bookmarks. Definitely things that needed to be done but really not things that need to be done now. Fail. 

I know this kind of procrastination. At least it is productive procrastination. I try to celebrate what I can.

• Like 1

Just now, Dagger said:

I know this kind of procrastination. At least it is productive procrastination. I try to celebrate what I can.

Haha yeah, I've been telling myself "at least I'm not reading fic." The trick is stopping myself before it gets too crazy. 

I'm still parked on my couch but now I'm wearing actual clothes for whenever I decide to go shopping. Also I meditated because my brain was soup and hey, I feel slightly better. Imagine that. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

Also I meditated because my brain was soup and hey, I feel slightly better. Imagine that. 

Meditation is this thing that makes us feel good, but it never seems important to do. Or maybe that is just me...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Meditation is this thing that makes us feel good, but it never seems important to do. Or maybe that is just me...

Lol yeah I was totally being sarcastic because I'm grumpy today. Like you said, I know it makes me feel better I just never do it. That's why I made it part of my challenge. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi