Forums are back in action! ×

I will not be a statistic! I will succeed!

Hi everybody! I just joined the academy a couple days ago, and I figure this will kickstart the health boost that I need. Three months ago I was at 260 and decided that I needed to get that weight down once and for all -- after trying and failing many times before. After getting a clean bill of health from my doctor, and enlisting the help of a dietician, I've brought my weight down to around 235 lbs. I want to see about getting that number down to at least 200, ideally by the end of September/beginning of October 2016.

Basically my big why is this: I refuse to become another health statistic. I've seen friends (and some of their friends) drop dead at relatively young ages, simply because they didn't take charge of their health. I am not going to die at age 42 - I feel like I have at least another 40-50 years ahead of me. I want to live to have the body I've always wanted - big, strong, powerful, sexy, amazing. I don't care how long it takes, but as long as I feel confident in my health, I am confident that I can make this change happen with my body. I hope I can get friends to come along with me for the ride.

• Like 1