Forums are back in action! ×

Huge Woot in progress on Body shape

So, I had been trying to find a full length body pic of my starting weight. It was kind of eye opening to realize that the only photo I have is from two years ago... I had managed to avoid all full length pics.

On the left is two years ago (and where I still was just about a year ago) and on the right is two weekends ago.

Just a SLIGHT difference.....

13435461_10210059841595277_7226827694224552566_n.jpg

• Like 15

It's the hairdo you're talking about right? :P

• Like 1

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.

Holy crap! That's some transformation! I know how hard it is to lose weight and It's really lovely to see someone accomplish such a change. 

Now to work on your mental picture of yourself and to try and tie it to the physical you. You deserve to feel proud of your body and what you have achieved. 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Holy crap! That's some transformation! I know how hard it is to lose weight and It's really lovely to see someone accomplish such a change. 

Now to work on your mental picture of yourself and to try and tie it to the physical you. You deserve to feel proud of your body and what you have achieved. 

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! I do try- and I hope I didn't sound like I don't have a positive view of myself! I do, I just still feel like that other girl. So I remind myself I'm not, and I especially make sure that I don't wear clothing that is frumpy on my frame (unless it's comfy time!) and make sure to get things that are best cut for me. Even started having my jeans tailored so they fit juuuuuuuuuuuuuust right! It really helps!

• Like 1

Haha, don't panic! I've been through the same thing myself and I know that the change to your mental image of yourself can lag behind the physical changes. It takes a while for it to catch up. ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I figure I'm just gonna keep updating this post as I go, rather than start a whole new one each time.

So, in 16 days my trainer and I will have met our first short term goal. Getting me toned up for my wedding. We set a new short term goal of losing 10" (total/overall) in the next 2 months. Just for the record- long term goal is for me to do either a Figure or Bikini Competition. We're laying the foundation down now and taking it slow and steady to get there.

But here's what 3 1/2 months of work has done:

13626350_10210287147077772_5615032692333128783_n.jpg

• Like 2

That's a noticable difference!

• Like 1

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

22 minutes ago, IrishPiratess said:

And love your signature- I have that on a keytag that I carry with me everywhere

why on earth do you run around with my start-to-run-status on your keychain?  That's just creepy!

/me hides

:P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Ok...... I think I have bum-envy. :unsure:

Here's a VERY funny story about me bum......

When I posted on Instagram back a month or so ago, I got a comment from this company to check out their products. I didn't pay it any mind. Later, they sent me a DM to tell me that they really think I should check them out because their products would really benefit me.
Sooooooo, I go and check out their page.....

Get ready to giggle-

It was a company who makes products for recovery and support for people who have had Brazillian Butt Lifts!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't ever laughed that hard!!!! needless to say, I am pretty proud of the fact that they think I've had surgery, and it's alllllllllllllll naturale!!!!!!

• Like 3

Nice! I look a lot closer to your #1 pic, but I've been getting a whole lot fitter this year, although not losing much weight. The last couple of weeks I've gotten remotivated to lose the weight (seriously, it'll be about 40 pounds less to lift when I finally work up to unassisted pullups), and it's really inspiring to see this kind of pic, just 3 1/2 months apart!

• Like 1

Karen

Otherwise know as Fiddle

Current Challenge

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/108280-fiddle-eats-less-and-fiddles

Past Challenges:

Jan 2016, Feb 2016, March 2016April 2016, May 2016June/July2016, July/August 2016, Sept/Oct 2016, Nov 2016, May 2017

7 minutes ago, fiddle-on said:

Nice! I look a lot closer to your #1 pic, but I've been getting a whole lot fitter this year, although not losing much weight. The last couple of weeks I've gotten remotivated to lose the weight (seriously, it'll be about 40 pounds less to lift when I finally work up to unassisted pullups), and it's really inspiring to see this kind of pic, just 3 1/2 months apart!

It took me a long time to dial in the weight loss thing. From the time the VERY first pic was taken, to the very last one, is about 70-75 pounds gone. I hit a plateau and while I was clearly toning, wasn't losing weight, so I started seeing a dietician (which is included in my health insurance! That surprised me!). For the two body pics, I'm about 6 pounds difference between them (lighter as of today). So that really helped.

And yes!!!!!!!!! That not carrying the extra weight around the gym is HUGE!!!! Every now and again, my trainer makes me carry 60 pounds as I walk laps to remind me of where I have come from.

And I'm glad my pics help!!!!!!!

• Like 1