Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone Newbie starting again

Hi everyone K_man here reaching out to the nerd fitness community!

I am a 25 year old M.Sc student from SK Canada. I have been on and off the fitness wagon quite a bit over the years but recently finished my second ever half marathon and am geared up to continue down the fitness path. I am also getting married in a few months so I have a bit of extra motivation. In the past I focused a lot on cardio and running, but during my training for this last race I started to fall in love with the free weight section at the gym and found it very hard to go for runs. So in light of that I now hit the weights more often then I ever have and already I am seeing some gains which is awesome!

My goals are to become stronger and look sexy for my soon to be wife. I struggle most with nutrition of course but I am making some progress in that respect as well, mainly by being aware of the carbs in my diet and trying to eat more veggies and keep portions under control. Short term goals are to commit to working out in the mornings before I go sit in the office and lab all day, and try to stay accountable by making a post or replying to a few posts on here every couple days. I don't know where I belong on the forums yet but hope to carve out a place soon. Long term goals are to reach the 1000lb club with the three big lifts, still have a long way to go as I am only at about 550 right now. 

Anyway thats me and my goals in a nut shell, may progress be with you all!

• Like 1

Hey and Welcome to the Rebellion!

If your goals are mostly about getting strong and having the right nutrition to help you achieve that (whilst looking hawt) you probably want to mosey on over to the Warriors. Whilst we Warriors all wanna lift big, not all of us want to BE big. ;)

Veggies are such an epic secret weapon to success. :D

Anyway, welcome again and let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Sundae

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I have been looking through the guilds and I agree that I think I am warrior bound, @SpecialSundae looks like a good fit for me. @Grymm I appreciate the warm welcome, M.Sc is Master of Science, my research is in applied environmental chemistry, probably should have just said that lol. 

Anyway I still need to do some more reading around about the guilds to see what is needed to get from intros to guild member. Also want to get in on the next 4-week challenge.

To join a guild, you go to the current 4-week challenge forum and post a challenge.  Then go to your profile and change your guild setting to that guild.  There is no application process or obstacle course.  You can wait to the next challenge or you can jump right in with a half challenge - post a challenge for the final (2) weeks of this current challenge.  That's perfectly acceptable (even encouraged).  Why start in (3) weeks what you can start today?  Full disclosure, I waited for the challenge cycle to post my first challenge (this current challenge), but I also went on vacation the week after joining the forums.  6 of one, half dozen of the other.  Your mileage may vary.  Some assembly required.  Batteries not included.

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5