Forums are back in action! ×

Okay -- I read the book and liked it so much I got the audio book to listen on during a massive road trip.  Today I got back and joined NerdFitness and the Rebellion.   

How do you handle subquests?  

For example, if my Epic goal would be to give a Ted Talk, how do I best stack subquests (e.g., talk to a group of 50 people)?

Good hunting!

• Like 1

These forums are mostly fitness oriented, but do follow a very popular 4 week challenge cycle.  In the challenges, you might have 4 parts, all or some of which can be directed towards your epic quest.

I don't know what the qualifications are for a Ted Talk, but you'll need to build presentation skills, some writing/speech skills, and probably expertise in a field on which to give a Ted Talk.  So, using those (3) sections, maybe you would set goals like: join a toastmasters group (public speaking club), get involved with writing a blog on X, and take a course on X subject.

Intro

Challenges: #1#2#3#4, #5

I second Grymm. You can use the challenges any way you like, regardless of guild (and if you don't want to join a guild, come hang out with us in the Rebels!)

For more information on breaking epic goals into subquests, take a look at https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/start-here/ Even if you don't want to set up a character page, click the Help/FAQs at the top of the page. There are some screencasts from Staci on setting up goals and subquests, including non-fitness-related ones. They might give you some ideas. In the same section, there are sample character pages from NF staff; these too may give you some ideas for breaking down big goals.

In addition, there are all sorts of other-than-diet-and-exercise discussions going on in the Level Up Your Life forum section.

Hope this helps!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin