Forums are back in action! ×

Random Thoughts of Randomness

1 hour ago, Rubik'sCat said:

What is NaNoWriMo?

https://nanowrimo.org/ Something to help encourage hopeful authors.

1 hour ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Home Depot charged me $75 for a new key to my truck just because it's one of the fancy ones with a chip inside it. $75 to make a new key though? Sounds silly to me

Still cheaper than the dealer I bet.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm fairly certain a new key for me would cost more like $100-200 through the dealership...

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

aaaaaand my car died.  Evidently I burdened it with too much glorious purpose.  Restoring its awesome will cost about $1100 which I don't have.

fucknuggets.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

5 hours ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Part of my dream last night was about the Super Bowl. I saw the score was 49ers - 37 Chiefs - 25. I wonder if it's a premonition, I'll find out tonight.

Okay...more like a nightmare. Congratulations to Patrick Mahomes representing Texas Tech University. I'm an A&M Aggie but as long as it's not the Longhorns then I'm happy.

43 minutes ago, Rubik'sCat said:

Is there a Nerd Fitness Discord channel? If not can someone create one? I don't want to create one myself because I have no interest in becoming a Discord channel moderator.

Someone brought that up recently but I'll admit I've advocated against it (though not forbidden it or anything) for fear it will take participation away from the forums.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Specifically non specific; yes that all happened on a recent hike but also has occurred on other hikes through out the years; also a trail race or two....still remember doing a trail half that the skies opened up during the middle of the race so this one steep decline became more of a slide down the mud on your butt than a run; so many muddy laughing people at the end. 

I've won three straight games of "21" on the basketball court at my local YMCA after winning only one game in the past decade. Today was my third straight win! Funny how life works because winning a game of "21" is not easy! 

Oh, and I won my first chess game since the late 90's...I've been playing chess off and on since the mid-90's. Excuse me while I go back to being terrible at chess.

For tonight I just want to enjoy feeling like I accomplished something major. 

giphy.gif.9241e7dc2717c85fed73f36694084581.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/6/2019 at 5:34 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Did you end up doing this? Honestly, I don't know how I ended up on page 52 of this thread rather than the last one :D 

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

:vent: Seriously Umbrella Academy season two has been out for a week and there are already articles discussing the season finale; come on there should be a two week minimum at best before you start posting articles about the season finale. Yes I get it you have nothing else to do but binge watch tv, but there are still some of us that have things to do. 

for the record I did not read the article or even the article about the music in the new season. it's just annoying. 

This is one of those times where you have to keep a level head and let the opposition throw the hissy fit to make them look like idiots

I posted my concern on a local community FB group, 95+% of the people agree with me, however there are a few doozies in there, to protect everyone's right I am removing everyone's names.

"You all sound paranoid"

"That school has absolutely no coverage to begin with. If a sniper wanted to shoot up the school they could do it from anywhere around that intersection. Pizza Hut, true value, the power lines across the street...... just stop"

You’re kidding, you’re worried about a bench..

You people are out of your F'n minds! A F'n bench is NOT going to make a difference in anything you are worried and complaining about....WTF??‍♂️..... WAIT!!!! there are planes that fly over the school on final approach to Albany International Airport.....we need to outlaw that... because everyone knows that planes crash sometimes!¡! WTF!..... UNBELIEVABLE ??‍♂️

All this is because I suggested moving a proposed bench 10 feet down the path so it doesn't have a clear unobstructed view of the front door of the elementary school 

• Wow 1