Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

Yep. I wanna rock that style beard permanently, but Wifey won't be seen in public with me.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

A wizard's beard is never too long or too short; it is always exactly the length he intends it to be.

I was today's comedy: I had a Dramatic Shorts Failure en squatte.  The rest of the workout was curtailed and a bit shuffly, and I shall switch back to God's Honest Lycra tomorrow.

• Like 1

Super funny today...

Guy: "Want to see how much I can squat?"

Girl: In obviously feigned interest "Yeah sure"

Guy squats 225

Girl: "Cool story bro."

Girl squats 275

I was more than slightly amused.

Also there was a guy curling in the squat rack but he was curling what I am certain amounted to Volkswagen Beetle so I decided not to say anything.

• Like 2

*Flips Table*

BreadMage Out!

Super funny today...

Guy squats 225

Girl squats 275

Also there was a guy curling in the squat rack but he was curling what I am certain amounted to Volkswagen Beetle so I decided not to say anything.

Read this 4 times. Still thought it was funny. 

• Like 1

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Read this 4 times. Still thought it was funny. 

I think BreadMage goes to the same gym as Spezzy and her boyfriend...

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Are we sure it WASN'T spezzy?

That's my point. Don't know if Spezz squats that much though.

500 / 330 / 625

we done got some bumper plates! probably the only gym in our region that's got them more than likely and guess where i saw 'em today? on the fecking smith machine...

FFS! I demand you use them properly. By throwing them over head, and then dropping them down with satisfaction.  

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Heard some curlbros not training.

They were "sizing up" the women in the gym

They were looking toward the stairstepper and saying,

"Damn look at that chicks ass! bet she loves the D."

I finished my set, walked in her direction

passed through the bros and said,

" She loves my D."

Walked up to my wife, gave her a loving good game on the ass and said,

"Love ya baby."

• Like 1

LVL: 0 Berserker

"How can a strong person  be defeated except by someone who is stronger?" -Jesus

Current Challenge- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/35121-first-nf-challange-not-my-first-rodeo/

Super funny today...

Guy squats 225

Girl squats 275

awesome.

one of the guys in my gym was "squatting" he is one of those guys who likes to tell everyone everything- and his was doing 1/4 squats with I believe what was 275.  I was wildly amused.  My friend actually told me the other day I got nothing out of going down so deep... I was like that's not what she said. 

we done got some bumper plates! probably the only gym in our region that's got them more than likely and guess where i saw 'em today? on the fecking smith machine...

dear sweet jesus- how stupid can people be. angry fist of god - throw them!!!!

" She loves my D."

"Love ya baby."

this is totally full of win.

I like how a woman's physical body is some how some sort of weird interpretation about her life- especially her sex life.  it amuses me tremendously. 

FFS! I demand you use them properly. By throwing them over head, and then dropping them down with satisfaction.  

i use em for cleans, snatching and OHP repping when it's less than 60kg but i always lower the weight cause these are pretty cheap and nasty ones and we don't have a platform (never seen one in real life either, same with the bumpers until recently, goes to show how rare they are in the UK, Christ having more than one squat rack is rare) so i'm gonna do my best to extend their life

Guest Dirty Deads

" She loves my D."

"Love ya baby."

Next workout, while standing within earshot of one of them, have your wife say aloud to you "Wow, look at his physique, I bet he loves the D"

Next workout, while standing within earshot of one of them, have your wife say aloud to you "Wow, look at his physique, I bet he loves the D"

At first I thought you meant say to them "He must love the D!" about me.

But then when I got it...pure genius!!!

Sadly I didn't tell the wife about it, it's beneath us and I didn't want her to see me be a little jealous. besides,

The same guys "asked" her if she was still using the squat rack. (obviously trying to flirt.)

The wife said yeah one more set, what do you need it for?

"Curls."

"...squats or gtfo."

they walked away pissed and one said in a thick jersey accent, "whatever, fuck dat broad."

That's when I chimed in, "I do."

That one she knows about because I couldn't help telling her.

• Like 1

LVL: 0 Berserker

"How can a strong person  be defeated except by someone who is stronger?" -Jesus

Current Challenge- http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/35121-first-nf-challange-not-my-first-rodeo/

What the actual fuck.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

PLEASE do this. What a-holes. Seriously. This makes MirHulk very angry.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The same guys "asked" her if she was still using the squat rack. (obviously trying to flirt.)

"Curls."

"...squats or gtfo."

I think I'm in love.  You're a lucky guy :)

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

No Dom from Bro Science but still funny.

http://youtu.be/OdP4LtsbN1Y

dear god... that was funny- and his abs were delicious- he can pull his shirt up and look at them all day long as far as I'm concerned... mostly because I'll be the slobbery creeper staring at him then.  :D <wickedgrin>

At first I thought you meant say to them "He must love the D!" about me.

But then when I got it...pure genius!!!

Sadly I didn't tell the wife about it, it's beneath us and I didn't want her to see me be a little jealous. besides,

"Curls."

"...squats or gtfo."

they walked away pissed and one said in a thick jersey accent, "whatever, fuck dat broad."

That's when I chimed in, "I do."

That one she knows about because I couldn't help telling her.

awesome.   you definitely have a keeper. 

dear god... that was funny- and his abs were delicious- he can pull his shirt up and look at them all day long as far as I'm concerned... mostly because I'll be the slobbery creeper staring at him then.   :D <wickedgrin>

Jo here's another one for ya. I might have a man crush on Brandon.

So this was told to me while I was trying to get my running burpee tabada in the other day

*Me running around the track twice then dropping and doing 10 burpees. did about 6 rounds of this!

*Random Curl bro* Dude those look weird what are they

*Me breathless and tired* Burpees. Wanna try?

*RCB* Yeah Bro!

*RCB does two laps with me and is panting very hard at the end then we jump down to do burpees.

*RCB after 3 Burpees* Wow these are really tough I can really feel them in my *BARF*

*RCB hurls right next to me then heads off to the bathroom to get cleaned up.*

*Gym attendent walks over and looks at the barf* Son-ova-bitch! Dumbasses need to stick to their lifts. This is the 3rd time this week that I have had to clean up after them. *glares at me* I blame you.

I continue with my tabada only doing burpees in a different space and the RCB comes back in looking a little green* You're hard core Bro. I don't think those Barfies are good for you though. My protien shake definatly tasted better going down.

• Like 2

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

So this was told to me while I was trying to get my running burpee tabada in the other day

*Me running around the track twice then dropping and doing 10 burpees. did about 6 rounds of this!

*Random Curl bro* Dude those look weird what are they

*Me breathless and tired* Burpees.

*RCB* Yeah Bro!

*RCB does two laps with me and is panting very hard at the end then we jump down to do burpees.

*RCB after 3 Burpees* Wow these are really tough I can really feel them in my *BARF*

*RCB hurls right next to me then heads off to the bathroom to get cleaned up.*

*Gym attendent walks over and looks at the barf* Son-ova-bitch! Dumbasses need to stick to their lifts. This is the 3rd time this week that I have had to clean up after them. *glares at me* I blame you.

I continue with my tabada only doing burpees in a different space and the RCB comes back in looking a little green* You're hard core Bro. I don't think those Barfies are good for you though. My protien shake definatly tasted better going down.

lulz

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

That's epic.

500 / 330 / 625