Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

since getting involved with the medieval fighting 'scene' i've had a right hankering for mead (always fancied a bash at it but now it's a necessity) i've tried 'Waggledance' which is ale with some honey in it and liked that so i'm really looking forward to the 'real' stuff

I've only had mead once. Someone brought it to my house, for what at the time, was the biggest nerd gathering to date. I think it was jessofalltrades. Anyway, I really enjoyed it. If I ever break 240, my reward is being allowed to ferment me some mead.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm a BIG fan of good beer myself, happily pay £10 for 4 bottles of proper ale. Mmmm..... Beer :tongue:

What do you consider a proper ale?

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I love the American/Canadian craft ale scene, would happily pay for decent ales!

My favourite at the moment is Granville Island - I bought a few cans back from Toronto and I'm saving my last one for my weddign this year!

I would agree, however, I haven't found any that beat a good Trappist brew.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

It's a mathematical equation.... %OnTopic=1/(2*pi*pages).... as the pages get higher, you're chance of being on topic get closer and close to 0....

Hmmm... high pages... why am I envisioning medieval teens passing around a bong? :)

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I may or may not have made the mistake of drinking Belgian beer like lagers, forgetting that it's pretty much as strong as wine. Multiple times. They're treacherous!

8.5% apv...mmmmm...

dragonmead-final-absolutionjpg-120c0e880

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

O. M. G. Mead.

Last fall, I dragged my partner to the local Renaissance Festival. Neither of us had ever been and we weren't quite sure what we were getting ourselves into. However, we walked in and I ordered a glass of mead. Life changed. That shit is awesome and I actually bought a bottle and drank the entire thing on Thanksgiving. Moar mead!!! It also kind of satisfies my viking desires or like... mother of dragons or something. Whatever that urge is to wear random rags as dresses and eat meat from a spit and drink mead out of a horn. It's some strange viking/pirate/dothraki/barbarian fantasy, so just go with it.

Chaucer's. It's probably the best (and most available) brand of mead I've found in the US. If you've got a Total Wine anywhere near you, they probably have it. If not, most liquor stores can special order it for you.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Over at another Forum, I'm known as "The BEER Thread Dude"

LOL, at a forum I was formerly a member of I was the OP/curator of the huge OT beer thread. I think its the only 100+ page thread I've ever posted anywhere that wasn't a premeditated group effort that I just happened to start.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

The only thing is you can't enjoy too many of them!

That's because there's no such thing as too many of them.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

There's a bar in Baltimore called Max's on Broadway. It was apparently listed as one of the top 20 beer bars in the world. They have 75 different beers on tap and 350 bottled. Every year they have a Belgian Beer Festival, where they replace all of their taps with Belgians. I went to the Festival one year and saw that there were 7 different beers that were 12.0% ABV. I drank all of them.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

There's a bar in Baltimore called Max's on Broadway. It was apparently listed as one of the top 20 beer bars in the world. They have 75 different beers on tap and 350 bottled. Every year they have a Belgian Beer Festival, where they replace all of their taps with Belgians. I went to the Festival one year and saw that there were 7 different beers that were 12.0% ABV. I drank all of them.

I don't know which I find more impressive, the fact that there's a bar with 75 beers on tap, or that you managed to try out 7 different beers at 12.0% :o :o :o

Both of those are things worthy of praise... You are now my hero! And I need to get to Baltimore!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I don't know which I find more impressive, the fact that there's a bar with 75 beers on tap, or that you managed to try out 7 different beers at 12.0% :o :o :o

Both of those are things worthy of praise... You are now my hero! And I need to get to Baltimore!

Oh darlin, there is a bar near me with over 100 beers on tap.  ;)

I can't say I've tried 7 at 12% though. o.O

level 4 Gnoll warrior

Oh darlin, there is a bar near me with over 100 beers on tap.  ;)

Holy Shit! :o

Right, that's it. You have a killer smile, and the worlds best pub near you. I'm sold! I'm overdue a visit to the States anyways..... ;)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Holy Shit! :o

Right, that's it. You have a killer smile, and the worlds best pub near you. I'm sold! I'm overdue a visit to the States anyways..... ;)

Cmon by!

We can try as many beers as we can handle, then work it all off!

I mean in the gym, you perverts. :P

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior