Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

what gets me is the women who walk in with a pair of shorts that say pink or juicy in their rear and complain that guys are creepy... cause it's cute if the guy is hot, but creepy if the guy isn't to their liking... should this be in the argh thread...?

It's nice working out a work gym, don't see too much of that type of thing.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

what gets me is the women who walk in with a pair of shorts that say pink or juicy in their rear and complain that guys are creepy... cause it's cute if the guy is hot, but creepy if the guy isn't to their liking... should this be in the argh thread...?

I actually go the other way. I'll generally assume that particularly attractive guys are up to something, whereas normal ones I assume are a bit more trustworthy. Consequences of growing up a fat geek girl, I guess. If a jock came up and told me his friend had a crush on me, he was obviously trying to bully me, you know?

...although I admit, I find those girls a bit odd too. I just don't really understand why you'd put in the effort to look sexy at the gym, when you're going to look sweaty and gross 45 minutes later. Today I was at the gym in beat up Converse, size 14 hiking shorts which are now enormous on me but have an elastic waistband so I still use them, and a second-hand purple tank top with skulls on it. Completely and utterly unappealing to anyone but my weirdo boyfriend and flying-bench-presses-in-the-Smith-machine guy.

• Like 2

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

[quote name=ZenGwen;128438

...although I admit' date=' I find those girls a bit odd too. I just don't really understand why you'd put in the effort to look sexy at the gym, when you're going to look sweaty and gross 45 minutes later. Today I was at the gym in beat up Converse, size 14 hiking shorts which are now enormous on me but have an elastic waistband so I still use them, and a second-hand purple tank top with skulls on it. Completely and utterly unappealing to anyone but my weirdo boyfriend and flying-bench-presses-in-the-Smith-machine guy.

Or the guys/girls who've got cologne/perfume on at 5:30AM and have obviously spent some time on their hair....course who am I to talk about hair...I shave my head.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Or the guys/girls who've got cologne/perfume on at 5:30AM and have obviously spent some time on their hair....course who am I to talk about hair...I shave my head.

One of the perks of a home gym...roll out of bed at 5:30 am, throw on workout clothes, stumble to gym in the backyard, work out before the brain has a chance to wake up and figure out what I'm doing...and the showers are always empty and hot when my workout is done.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Yesterday I was doing some matwork pretty close to someone using a Roman Chair. The way we were positioned, I was lying down with my head at the end of the mat, and every time he came down and forward in his extension he'd come into my field of vision (think if we were lying head to head, but him face-down). The problem was, every time he came down he'd grunt, really loud, and between the rhythm and the grunting, I couldn't help it, I started to laugh (luckily, he didn't notice). I wasn't able to continue my exercise until he was gone, and I was trying not to laugh, and my trainer was like, "What's wrong? Are you okay? Are you crying?" Finally he left and I was able to stop laughing and tell her,

"Usually if a guy is going to get on top of me and grunt a lot, I make him buy me dinner first."

• Like 4
I just don't really understand why you'd put in the effort to look sexy at the gym, when you're going to look sweaty and gross 45 minutes later.

Honestly, the sweaty and "gross" that you are referring to can look pretty damn sexy to me! Got a couple female friends that I occasionally meet up with after they have been working out with the statement "Sorry, I'm sweaty and gross from the gym" when they show up. Hell no! They be smokin' and I will still walk up and will give them a big hug just like any other day!!! I'm all for the post-workout "glow"!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

i otoh think it's kinda sweaty & gross...

But ETF, I will certainly agree with you on the pants. If a girl walks by with something written on her rear, I'm assuming she wants me to read it, and I plan on reading it....I'm not a creep, I'm just acting on her expectations of me :-)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

that's why sometimes i write on my sunglasses... if she's not willing to put the effort to write on her pants... i'm willing to go the extra mile and put reading materials where they belong... ahem... may have crossed the line into creepy here...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

sweaty and gross 45 minutes later

that's an inequality right there.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

If a girl or guy has something written on their shirt I will read it. If a girl has something written across her backside I probably will read it. I won't lie. Do I stare, well I try not to. If I do appear to be normally it is because I am thinking about something else and whatever is in front of me is collateral damage.

...although I admit, I find those girls a bit odd too. I just don't really understand why you'd put in the effort to look sexy at the gym, when you're going to look sweaty and gross 45 minutes later.

I had a friend who one night was telling me about her workout attire. Makeup a tight shirt some tight shorts and a thong set to be visible. I asked her why get dressed up for the gym. Her comment was she wanted the boys looking at her. I rolled my eyes. She is sort of needy when it comes to attention, something I learned back in high school when we went out. I guess she never grew out of that.

i wear tight neon spandex to the gym, but i'm not needy when it comes to attention... it's really a safety measure so i don't get run over by a driver who doesn't see me while i'm running on the treadmill...

• Like 2

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

i wear tight neon spandex to the gym, but i'm not needy when it comes to attention... it's really a safety measure so i don't get run over by a driver who doesn't see me while i'm running on the treadmill...

Gotta watch out for those gym drivers...they're nuts!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Not saying everyone is. Just in this case she is very needy. Like I feel bad for her boyfriend needy.

I had a friend who one night was telling me about her workout attire. Makeup a tight shirt some tight shorts and a thong set to be visible.

Man, I never see anything like this at the Y I work out at. Not even shorts with juicy written across the ass. It's all baggy shorts and giant T shirts, a few yoga pants. Maybe the hotties are all in the Zumba class.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Man, I never see anything like this at the Y I work out at. Not even shorts with juicy written across the ass. It's all baggy shorts and giant T shirts, a few yoga pants. Maybe the hotties are all in the Zumba class.

To be honest I don't know what gym she goes to. I personally don't want to see it and leave it at that. IYKWIM.