Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

The smith machine is always a source of amusement. Last night, the smith at my gym was broken and two young brohams walked up to it spouting a few disappointed expletives. They moved to the power rack next to it and started bicep curling the bar.

They thought it was the curl rack I see...hopefully they'll see the error of their ways! :)

These days my quads are almost too big to fit through my underwear leg holes. Wtf.

Same problem, one of the main reasons I moved on from cotton underwear (I wear boxer briefs). The cotton ones that fit my waist have to be pulled up my legs in the manner women have to pull on tight jeans. Cotton boxer briefs that don't are too loose on my waist. The compression boxer briefs I've gone to are much more stretchy, so it's easier, but now I have to move up a size due to my widened squat stance, so we'll see.

I think it would be extremely weird if I wore a man thong, being not a man and all.

You could go full banana hammock and keep your coins/money/id in there.

I have and you're pretty spot on. One caresses, the other suffocates.

From your former life as a male stripper, right? Or were you a ring girl?

Yeah, we still have those, though I think they've pretty well been replaced by the compression shorts, though for power lifting (raw) you have to go back to the jock strap. Never thought of it as a thong, but that is bascially correct.

I go briefs for the powerlifting, it's the only reason I own regular briefs. As long as there's no legs, you're fine. And yeah, don't know what jock straps you were wearing, but there's no string up the butt.

I'll try a rescue story...

Just finished my 'I'bve gob a colb so I'll not libt ad mubch' session and I saw a couple of lads come in, get on the Smith Machine and start doing some sort of row from the waist up to about the chest..I wasn't too sure what they were up to but I'd just finished DL'ing 100kg and then doing hanging knee raises and they looked at me like I was the mad one!

I think these were high pulls, meant to target the upper back. Don't need a smith machine for them, but by using it much of the lower back work is taken out.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

They thought it was the curl rack I see...hopefully they'll see the error of their ways! :)

These guys were champs. They slapped on some tens and started throwing their backs into it. I felt bad for the guy who was waiting on them. I offered to let him work in with me, but I was doing squats and he wanted to do OHP and it would have been a lot of weight swapping.

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs

Thongs (in some parts of the USA) are also what are known as flip-flops; rubber sandals with one strap between your big toe and its neighbor.

You definitely don't want to get those mixed up.

Do you have an equivalent for those of us that prefer gentlemen?

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I make grunting noises. I suppose to someone else they could sound slightly sexual but considering I know what I sound like while I'm having sex... I think they don't sound anything alike.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone yelling that's it right there oh baby harder at the bar.

But i have yelled FUCK YES after a lift.

• Like 4

Lol has this now turned into a fun game of things we've said both in the gym and during/after sex?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm REALLY hungry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Make sure to get this on camera. It's going to be a personal record!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Level 2. Saiyan Warrior - Training with the Adventurers

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 1

Powering Up Phase 1 - Shedding the Fat

Starting Weight: 250lbs | Current Weight: 215lbs | Goal Weight: 200lbs