Forums are back in action! ×

midway, needed to mix it up

Hi all! What a neat idea for motivating strength & fitness! I really really like the idea of "Levelling Up My Life!"

Since Christmas, I've lost about 30-35 pounds. I have about 25 more to go. This midway point is usually tough for most people, so I knew I needed some kind of plan to push me to doing better. My biggest grrrrrr is nutrition. This is what I really need to get on track. Exercise is something I'm pretty consistent at. I walk and ride my stationary bike daily. I also do some body weight exercises daily as well. I don't think I'm in great shape, though--When I did Steve's first circuit workout, I could only do it once. Soooooo I'll be doing that until I can do 3 circuits easily. :)

Quick facts: female, Canadian, 36, teacher, single, no kids, NOT a gamer in real life, but definitely a nerd. :) One of my dream trips is to do the El Camino in Spain (a 750km trek), so I'm definitely an Adventurer! 

Looking forward to getting to know the group here! 

How long does the El Camino typically take?  I should think teaching and adventuring would go well together assuming you can afford the summers off.

Friends of mine have taken about 40 days to complete it, walking. They next plan to do it on bike.

I actually teach 3 semesters (year round), so I would have to take a semester off--which I'm fine with doing. :) I'll get there...eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you planning any warm ups?

Oh yes, there will be training. Starting out w/ an empty backpack, then slowly filling it to its regular weight. Slow start, 3-5km, building up to the average 20km day. Some days are more, some less. Plus weight lifting to increase core strength. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1