Forums are back in action! ×

Yet another beginning for me...

Hello all. 

I am not the type to really interact in forums, so this is new to me. However I do want to make the most of my fitness journey and my new NF membership, so here I am. 

Short and simple (kind of like myself, but not really)...

I am a little over a year post divorce. I truly enjoyed the heck out of the year of "finding myself" and have managed to snag quite the guy in the process (more about him later if I feel up to sharing). However that year of finding myself led to some lifestyle changes that I am really hoping to reverse. 

I have done the fitness thing before, but never really stuck to a plan. In the last year I have started, stopped, started, stopped playing roller derby. Most of the stop is I truly do not have the stamina that I need in order to effectively play the sport I enjoy. A big part of the stop is that I am not sure I really enjoy it and am not quite ready to admit that to myself yet. 

I enjoy very few forms of physical activity. I do belong to a globo gym that I have about 11 months on a contract remaining- so there is that resource available to me. I also belong to a spin studio where I get unlimited classes per month. When I go... Basically I am really good at spending the money to get fit but not actually putting in the work.

I also work a pretty stressful job, but from home so I do get that added benefit. I travel approximately 25% of the year, about to up that to 50% due to a promotion. 

Quit my 12+year pack a day of cigarette habit about 3 months ago. Now that I can breathe properly its time to work on my cardio. 

Another part to my story... cue the violins. Recently I have started to feel like I am not really living with a goal. I am just living 'til the end if you get my drift. I need a focus and a goal.Since fitness is something I severely lack I figure this can be a good goal and the community here seems to be outstanding. 

So I am beginning anew on this fitness journey-mostly to improve my baseline, become more athletic, get GAINS- but also to shed the approximately 20 pounds I have managed to gain while celebrating the end to my marriage (seriously- I was celebrating. no moping divorcee here). 

Anyway- thought I would introduce myself. As for the screen name- I love Audrey Hepburn and her iconic role in Breakfast at Tiffany's. My dog's name is Holly Golightly if that gives you any clue as to my dedication to the character. I thought I would give myself a similar moniker for this forum. 

I also rarely talk or type in complete sentences. If you are a grammar nazi- we might have issues ;).

So hello all!

• Like 3