Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

So on my recent trip to Brazil, we decide to replace the 2 pair wire from the computer room to the door intercom with CAT6 cable so we can put an IP phone in. No problem. That lead to a splice in the wire. No problem, probably a 12V DC transformer somewhere in the wall. Pull wires apart, touch to conduit...big spark... Hmm, no they took the 18 Guage phone wire and connected it to the back of the closest outlet. Oh, in Brazil its 230V....

#wiringfail

230V on Cat6. Or heck on 2 pair (I'm assuming your standard phone line?). Not good at all.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Yesterday's ARGH:

Excited about yoga class all day; I got out of the habit while we were moving, and I've been feeling it. Get to the gym, and am informed that a different instructor is teaching it now, nice enough lady who teaches the Monday yoga class, but not the one who focused on hip work, which was what I really need, and now it starts 15 minutes earlier, and no one showed up, so no class, and she's gone next week, so no yoga Monday OR Wednesday next week. I'm gonna have to kick hubby and the kids out of the house Monday and Wednesday next week so I can do yoga at home (haven't been doing it because the kids jump all over me if I try). Came home and furiously did dishes for about half an hour so I could at least go to bed with a clean sink, dammit.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

That sounds like an awesome way to overcome anger. I used to go hit the punching bag, but my new gym requires you to wear gloves. Pffft. I never really started calming down properly until my knuckles were bloody. (They also don't provide gloves themselves, lame.) Now I mostly just knit.

I just imagine you in a rocking chair furiously knitting a scarf while cussing under your breath. It's a pretty awesome mental picture

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

I just imagine you in a rocking chair furiously knitting a scarf while cussing under your breath. It's a pretty awesome mental picture

That's a pretty accurate portrait of me. Just remember to add in funky colored hair and have me knitting something like this.

My ARGH for the day? I feel lost on my body progress. I'm following the same weights program, but I'm not feeling like it's really enough, and I'm having problems controlling my eating, not least because I don't really have a plan for what I should be eating. Just lost right now.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

My ARGH for the day? I feel lost on my body progress. I'm following the same weights program, but I'm not feeling like it's really enough, and I'm having problems controlling my eating, not least because I don't really have a plan for what I should be eating. Just lost right now.

Maybe try a different workout program to liven things up? I know it'd be really easy for me to say "make a menu," but I'm never that organized myself, so I would feel like a hypocrite. I guess I can't really recommend anything on that bit except maybe find some fun recipes online. I'm sure you'll get it figured out though :) NF is here for you!

ARGH: I hate Access.

I'm with you!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I'm with you on this one. I've been gaining a few pounds ever since I decided to stop actively losing weight. My food choices are generally good, but I'm eating way too often, and doing some emotional eating. Grr.

I'm with you on this one. I've been gaining a few pounds ever since I decided to stop actively losing weight. My food choices are generally good, but I'm eating way too often, and doing some emotional eating. Grr.

Wait... I thought men didn't have emotions...

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Damn it... I'm doing that 'unmanly' thing again, aren't I? I meant... I'm drinking more beer. Yeah... yeah.

Or, that meat I killed was just too damn good.

Is that better?

Heh. You don't kill the meat, you kill the animal. You fail. It's okay, I suppose a man with daughters is bound to develop emotions...

Maybe try IF in some form? I don't know if that will really help anybody get out of their body rut, but I'm curious about it, so I think I'm going to start trying to integrate that in a few days a week.

Heh. You don't kill the meat, you kill the animal. You fail. It's okay, I suppose a man with daughters is bound to develop emotions...

Maybe try IF in some form? I don't know if that will really help anybody get out of their body rut, but I'm curious about it, so I think I'm going to start trying to integrate that in a few days a week.

I actually kinda did, intentionally and unintentionally. Back when I was actively losing, and was a bit behind for the week, I would skip breakfast, do a big workout and have a big meal afterwards. Went pretty well.

Then, in maintenance, after I had gained a pound or two, I skipped breakfast, did the workout/big meal. And then pigged out the rest of the day. Fail. But... again, I have been letting outside influences get me down, and resorted back to filling myself to feel better. Small sample size.

I actually kinda did, intentionally and unintentionally. Back when I was actively losing, and was a bit behind for the week, I would skip breakfast, do a big workout and have a big meal afterwards. Went pretty well.

Then, in maintenance, after I had gained a pound or two, I skipped breakfast, did the workout/big meal. And then pigged out the rest of the day. Fail. But... again, I have been letting outside influences get me down, and resorted back to filling myself to feel better. Small sample size.

I'm glad I don't have a life... I have nothing to influence me except all the time I spend on NF... I count that as healthy, motivating time... :D

Shut yer face. You know I'm joking.... I think..

EDIT: (I almost said shut yer pie hole... but then I thought that would make me want sweets... yep. It does.)

What? What do you mean you're joking? I thought you lived for our time in the chat room. This is very disappointing.

I *could* try to curb your craving with a much less appetizing image, but I think it's better if you provide your own.

Book likes to watch glee and weep to himself. Just saying. ;)

HOW COULD YOU! I TOLD YOU THIS IN CONFIDENCE! Only you and my journal knew!

But come on... the wedding was sooooooooo beautiful.

(my co-workers are looking at me funny because I'm laughing so loud)

We have sharepoint too. So far I've only had to use it to look up documents. I dread the day when we put all our test protocols on there. Productivity halt.

You guys crack me up. :)

i want to see an updated shot of your quads... and the antlers... still remember how awed i was last time you posted that...

Awww, thanks! I'm flattered. I went and looked up my photolog, and updated it with hair pictures but not body pictures, heh. My new gym doesn't want me to take photos in the locker room, so I'm having trouble finding anywhere to get a good body progress shot.

Checking out that thread again was really motivating, though. It was from November, and I had a look at how much my numbers have increased since then... really awesome. Thanks for the morale boost, I feel a bit better. :)

Edit: I just realized my avatar isn't accurate any more! Oh no! I must make a new one while my hair is still blue.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I still have not been able to get the hang of taking pictures of my muscles. My quads are popping out which is awesome, but when I try to take a picture they just look fat. And in my progress pics, you can't see my back muscles (almost typed bacon muscles...hmmmm....). I need someone to take pics for me while I'm doing a lat pulldown!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What? What do you mean you're joking? I thought you lived for our time in the chat room. This is very disappointing.

I *could* try to curb your craving with a much less appetizing image, but I think it's better if you provide your own.

Oh, honey, you know I could never turn my back on NF chat. I was joking about the not having a life part. I workout ;)

And... curbing my craving.... I think I'll just stick with my yummy tea... *slowly walks away mumbling* don't wanna know what that was all about...

I just realized my avatar isn't accurate any more! Oh no! I must make a new one while my hair is still blue.

New avatars are exciting! How often do you change your hair color? Have you done ever color in the rainbow? I've never been brave enough to dye my hair.... but I'm fascinated by those that do.