Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

Guest Tigger

I had a practical exam for becoming a personal trainer today and the CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER got mad at me because I did not put her on the machines for 'weight training' (I offered to show her the forms for lifting free weights instead)

I almost pushed her down the stairs... probably should have

Worst part is: I will probably not get the job now >:|

I don't think "being a wife" should be particularly stressful

Aaahhhh I totally wish it wasn't...but it is. We haven't been married quite 2 years yet, and so we are still adjusting to each other I think. Problem is, I feel like he expects me to work 40 hrs a week, maintain a 4.0 GPA and a clean home, be an all-around awesome person, AND still have the time/desire for MNST. Trouble is, I don't work that way.

It's cool...I'll be done with school in December so at least THAT will be out of the way :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest Tigger
You probably wouldn't want to work there anyway then...poo.

Yeah, I was half expecting it to turn out like that :( But I wanted to give them a chance at least, the next closest gym is like 45min away

Aaahhhh I totally wish it wasn't...but it is. We haven't been married quite 2 years yet, and so we are still adjusting to each other I think. Problem is, I feel like he expects me to work 40 hrs a week, maintain a 4.0 GPA and a clean home, be an all-around awesome person, AND still have the time/desire for MNST. Trouble is, I don't work that way.

It's cool...I'll be done with school in December so at least THAT will be out of the way :)

Yeah, the first adjustment years are really hard, I did NOT meant to downplay that.

Maybe though, you need to talk to him about it and negotiate a compromise, because adderall sounds like a pretty extreme solution. Or if that doesn't work write about it in a journal, meditate/pray as your inclination lies, something. A pressure cooker is not a good way to manage a life, pretty soon you are gaining a crap-ton of weight, hating yourself, and then your hair starts falling out...oh, wait, I think that was me. :)

Hang in there, but don't STAY there, if you know what I mean. Change something. I am here to say there really is a limit to what your body will take, and it sounds like you are close to that limit.

Never cheat off the dumb kid.

Problem is, I feel like he expects me to work 40 hrs a week, maintain a 4.0 GPA and a clean home, be an all-around awesome person, AND still have the time/desire for MNST. Trouble is, I don't work that way.

As someone else said...talk to him. "I feel like he expects". Way too much leeway in that statement IMO. Nail down what he expects/requires and what you expect/require. If it is too much/not working, pull the nails out and move them. Of course, this will take the rest of your lives together...but you have to start where you are. Ladywildross and I are coming up on 32 years married, and we're still making adjustments, learning about each other, resetting expectations. It's easier now, but still necessary, partly because we keep growing and changing and having different things happen in our lives.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

ARGh... Just found out i'm permanently ineligible to donate blood,sucks.

That sucks, Soso! I've always thought about donating blood, but haven't tried yet... I think I'm afraid they'll turn me down too... that and I had my blood tested for bad stuff a lot when I was in middle school and high school, so maybe I'm not SO keen to go back to getting my arms stabbed.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Argh: No pants I own, or shorts, or even underwear, will stay up when I do jumping jacks. What the helling hell? I use a belt, and no effect. I wear two shirts, TUCK THEM IN and use a belt, and no effect. I think I have to go get a bungee cord, or something.

Braces.

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

ARGh... Just found out i'm permanently ineligible to donate blood,sucks.

Sympathy. I'm not allowed to donate here in the UK, because I've had transfusions myself. It's so frustrating. I mean... because I've had transfusions, I know how important it is to donate! But I'm not allowed.

I'm planning on donating when I'm back home in a couple weeks, no such restriction in the states the last time I checked.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

My ARGH for today - This weekend was so awesome, I saw friends from out of town, traveled and went to the beach with them, walked around downtown disney, had a good travel day the next day back home, watched game of thrones... really, had a great weekend. And then just before I leave my partners' house, I get in an argument and go home in a bad mood. It was totally my fault, too!! Why am I so prideful??

At least we talked about it and are better now, but come on, self!!

Argh: No pants I own, or shorts, or even underwear, will stay up when I do jumping jacks. What the helling hell? I use a belt, and no effect. I wear two shirts, TUCK THEM IN and use a belt, and no effect. I think I have to go get a bungee cord, or something.

naked jumping jacks?

Level 1 Wood Elf Druid

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Thanks guys...this is an ongoing thing with us. We'll work through it, no worries...sometimes it's more of an ARGH than others ;)

@Scuddle...I hate arguments like that! At least you made up already.... +1 for that.

I am also on board with naked jumping!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest Gemeaux
Thanks guys...this is an ongoing thing with us. We'll work through it, no worries...sometimes it's more of an ARGH than others ;)

@Scuddle...I hate arguments like that! At least you made up already.... +1 for that.

I am also on board with naked jumping!

*huggle*

Sympathy. I'm not allowed to donate here in the UK, because I've had transfusions myself. It's so frustrating. I mean... because I've had transfusions, I know how important it is to donate! But I'm not allowed.

I'm planning on donating when I'm back home in a couple weeks, no such restriction in the states the last time I checked.

Yea I've had quite a few transfusions too, but i'm ineligible because I have a blood disease. I would have died on more than a few occasions without people donating blood so I've always wanted to do the same, pretty disappointing knowing I can't.

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

This reminds me, too... I need to go to the clinic and donate some more blood, they called me and want it. Apparently I have the good stuff - O neg and CMV neg. The babies love my blood!

They've been calling me for two weeks. Last week was spring break and I wasn't dragging five kids to the blood bank, and this week I'm just getting over ToM, so I think I need to wait until I don't feel so weak anymore.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Argh. A friend of mine was so happy when she kicked her douchebag cheating husband out. Now that he's sent her divorce papers, she's locked herself in her bathroom and is apparently spending all of her time cutting herself and crying. She's in a different city so I just get updates from her friends.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Argh. A friend of mine was so happy when she kicked her douchebag cheating husband out. Now that he's sent her divorce papers, she's locked herself in her bathroom and is apparently spending all of her time cutting herself and crying. She's in a different city so I just get updates from her friends.

Oh god. Hugs.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

That is indeed an ARGH. I hope she can get some help :/

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Yea, I've had quite a few transfusions too, but I'm ineligible because I have a blood disease. I would have died on more than a few occasions without people donating blood, so I've always wanted to do the same. Pretty disappointing knowing I can't.

A few of my brothers have hemochromatosis (high iron) and they can't donate theirs either. It took one of them a long time to get over that fact and have himself treated... bloodletting ftw!

=/ *hugs*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I hope she can find help, that sounds like a terrible situation.

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole