Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

18 days out on site providing coverage, instead of my normal 8 days on, six days off roster. 18 x 13hr consecutive shifts

Supposed to be going home tomorrow. my alternate just rang in sick. ARGH flargle kerblarkle.

i miss my boy and my puppies and i just wanna see them now! *pouts*

18 days out on site providing coverage, instead of my normal 8 days on, six days off roster. 18 x 13hr consecutive shifts

Supposed to be going home tomorrow. my alternate just rang in sick. ARGH flargle kerblarkle.

i miss my boy and my puppies and i just wanna see them now! *pouts*

Christ. I hope you're getting some kind of bonus. :(

What do you do?

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

I love sparring drills in karate, and have finally gotten the guys at my club to be ok with actually trying to hit me (it only took about a year, guys are (mostly) really nice and have a hard time actually trying to hit a girl).

so last night in class, we were doing some sparring drills where one person attacks and the other defends and then strikes. We had just switched partners, and my new partners previous partner was a huge guy who was going pretty tough. It was my turn to attack, So I rushed in with a jab to his face. He didn't expect me to rush in, and tried to crescent kick my front hand down. unfortunately since i rushed in, his crescent to my jab turned into an axe kick to my neck. which wasn't gentle because he was still going hard from the guy before me. Dropped me to the floor, and silly shock set in and made me all teary. I don't hold it against him at all and was trying to reassure him even though I was the one crying (and trying not to pass out/puke, but I hid that pretty well). Now he (and all the guys watching) are afraid to spar with me again, cause they don't want to hit a girl. dammit.

Level 0 Human Monk-Apprentice

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

My Current Challenge

I love sparring drills in karate, and have finally gotten the guys at my club to be ok with actually trying to hit me (it only took about a year, guys are (mostly) really nice and have a hard time actually trying to hit a girl).

so last night in class, we were doing some sparring drills where one person attacks and the other defends and then strikes. We had just switched partners, and my new partners previous partner was a huge guy who was going pretty tough. It was my turn to attack, So I rushed in with a jab to his face. He didn't expect me to rush in, and tried to crescent kick my front hand down. unfortunately since i rushed in, his crescent to my jab turned into an axe kick to my neck. which wasn't gentle because he was still going hard from the guy before me. Dropped me to the floor, and silly shock set in and made me all teary. I don't hold it against him at all and was trying to reassure him even though I was the one crying (and trying not to pass out/puke, but I hid that pretty well). Now he (and all the guys watching) are afraid to spar with me again, cause they don't want to hit a girl. dammit.

I HATE how the shock goes straight to the tear ducts! It's such a stupid reaction. I hope those guys get over it an spar with you again soon!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

I HATE how the shock goes straight to the tear ducts! It's such a stupid reaction. I hope those guys get over it an spar with you again soon!

I hate how ANY strong emotion goes straight to the tear ducts! GRRRR!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I hate how ANY strong emotion goes straight to the tear ducts! GRRRR!

Amen to that, sistah! Tear ducts are jerks. It's not like I WANT to cry about everything and freak the men out. It just happens. And despite having five older brothers that tried their darnedest to give me enough practice suppressing that reaction.... it still happens. *shakes head sadly*

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Tell me about it. I've been trying to fight this off since I was a kid and my dad said "You don't deal with things! You just cry about them!" I try to do both, but it's annoying how every... little... thing...

Sometimes we just need to let the tears flow to deal with it. Or if it's not something that tears can fix, you just let them flow and continue with the project. It takes skill.

Argh I hate watching any form of public transportation ride off without me.

Assuming you wanted to be on said public transport... it'd be pretty inconvenient if you got angry every time you saw a bus leaving a stop :P

Uhhhh. I just figured out that I spend around £90 a month on coffee.

£90.

On COFFEE.

That's about $140 USD at the moment.

Holy crap. This is stopping, right now. I have a problem.

I've had this problem with both coffee and beer in the past.

Just had admit to myself that I like the kinda cheap stuff too, and that in general a lot of money buys very little more. Nowadays as long as the beans don't totally suck (old and dry) I'm cool with it. Still need beans though, I can't deal with preground coffee, it tastes like garbage. That and I have to make it myself, stuff made by others has begun to disgust me.

And beer....yeah. First step was to move on from the $5+ per bottle stuff to a couple readily available and much cheaper stuff I don't mind like Sam Adams and Becks, only getting a bottle or two of the expensive stuff for really special occasions. That and cutting down my intake of it substantially.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I'm on the opposite side of that, and I hate it just as much as you do. I feel like I'm not able to give them a match worth it for them most of the time. Just got to the point (after ~8 months) of being able to go on the offensive during randori (jiujitsu sparring). It doesn't help that there's 2 girls in the class and they usually stick together for the drills.

Coming from the other side, best advice I can think of would be to forcibly pair up with them and just take advantage of them going easy on you. A few solid punches and they should start to realize they need to hit back.

ARGH of the day: Knee deep in technical paper research! Everything links to 10 other articles! Argh! 4 pages in a journal is not enough to explain some things. Informational processing is reaching critical mass!

Stupid engineers......

*....crawls back into the pile of literature with his flash light....*

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I've had this problem with both coffee and beer in the past.

Just had admit to myself that I like the kinda cheap stuff too, and that in general a lot of money buys very little more. Nowadays as long as the beans don't totally suck (old and dry) I'm cool with it. Still need beans though, I can't deal with preground coffee, it tastes like garbage. That and I have to make it myself, stuff made by others has begun to disgust me.

And beer....yeah. First step was to move on from the $5+ per bottle stuff to a couple readily available and much cheaper stuff I don't mind like Sam Adams and Becks, only getting a bottle or two of the expensive stuff for really special occasions. That and cutting down my intake of it substantially.

Yeah, the thing is - I'm perfectly happy with the cheap stuff, I drink cheap as dirt instant coffee at home and work. It's between them that I find myself stopping at a Costa for a Medium Skim Latte with Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup, not too hot, and let's see maybe we'll have a nice breakfast loaf, and pick up some chocolate covered coffee beans or maybe some mints for later... at least a few times a week. No wonder it was getting so expensive.

I'm on a coffee detox right now, though. I'm on my third cup of decaf, having caved late this morning and gone out to buy a jar. And no more coffee shops for me, unless I'm out with friends and we have specifically planned to go to a coffee shop.

ARGH, it is really hard to concentrate on my work when I have a caffeine-withdrawal headache!

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Argh: I found ANOTHER white hair this morning...

Haha, I have at least a dozen already.... I like to think I've earned them ;)

Yeah, the thing is - I'm perfectly happy with the cheap stuff, I drink cheap as dirt instant coffee at home and work. It's between them that I find myself stopping at a Costa for a Medium Skim Latte with Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup, not too hot, and let's see maybe we'll have a nice breakfast loaf, and pick up some chocolate covered coffee beans or maybe some mints for later... at least a few times a week. No wonder it was getting so expensive.

I'm on a coffee detox right now, though. I'm on my third cup of decaf, having caved late this morning and gone out to buy a jar. And no more coffee shops for me, unless I'm out with friends and we have specifically planned to go to a coffee shop.

ARGH, it is really hard to concentrate on my work when I have a caffeine-withdrawal headache!

Maybe some tea instead? You'll still get a little caffeine, but it doesn't produce quite the addictive, money-draining response with me as it does with coffee.

My argh : I don't ever want to be with him again , but today for some reason I miss my ex boyfriend .

I get that too, Gem. I think it's pretty natural... especially if you think about the times that were good.... and you really just want someone to snuggle into. *sigh* Guess I'll go rest my head on my office-mate's shoulder... she's leaving me after tomorrow though! *weep*