Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

I only have ~1 hour to exercise per day right now when what I want to do to get the kind of progress I'm shooting for (well, to get it more easily) would take closer to 2 or 3.

can i ask what you would like to do that takes 2 or 3 hours? maybe it's possible to fit everything in with the time you have. not sure what you're focusing on, but if a workout takes more than 1 hour, there is usually a way to cut that down.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

can i ask what you would like to do that takes 2 or 3 hours? maybe it's possible to fit everything in with the time you have. not sure what you're focusing on, but if a workout takes more than 1 hour, there is usually a way to cut that down.

"There is usually a way..." = circuits. Circuits are the way. No, check that. Circuits are The Way. Capital letters are the best way to deal with things...

Guest Gemeaux

For the second pay in the row , my idiot boss hasn't paid us . It was supposed to go in last night . She's really incapable of doing anything .

She even has to ask me to send an email ! Yesterday I got a call on my day off to talk them through sending one .

I am going to the movies tonight and have no money to buy dinner there . I'm just so sick of that stupid cow . She runs a childcare centre and it is a dump , she never buys proper toys and just gets cheap stuff from st vinneys . Argh .

Does my coworker REALLY need to come over and reiterate what he wrote in an email he sent 2 minutes ago? I was only added as a CC recipient, I'm not involved in your project and I don't care what happens on it, shuffle on brainiac

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Does my coworker REALLY need to come over and reiterate what he wrote in an email he sent 2 minutes ago? I was only added as a CC recipient, I'm not involved in your project and I don't care what happens on it, shuffle on brainiac

This ALWAYS happens....I have been known to tell such coworkers "this affects me how?" and continue working. But I'm kind of a bitch sometimes

I've gotta say Gem, the first day my employer misses a paycheck is the first day I start looking for a new job.

Agree on this.

ARGH: I failed on bench press last night and had to do the roll of shame. Now my midsection hurts. 85 lbs is heavy.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Awe :(

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

*hugs* I'm sure it's nothing! Forgive me if it's TMI, but does it move around when you feel it, or does it seem "rooted"? Is it tender? Do you happen to drink a lot of diet soda, by chance?

I just saw this :) Had it checked out, dr says it's a cyst. It's very small, and moves around with my skin. No soda here :) I rarely even drink regular anymore. Anyway she said we could do surgery and I'd have a scar, or I could live with it. I think I'll live with it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I just saw this :) Had it checked out, dr says it's a cyst. It's very small, and moves around with my skin. No soda here :) I rarely even drink regular anymore. Anyway she said we could do surgery and I'd have a scar, or I could live with it. I think I'll live with it.

But....but, scar. You could make up a badass story to go along with it, like how this one time in Mexico you had to save your hubby from knife wielding banditos and one of them got too close and nicked you. Although the sorry lot of them were done for afterwards. All neatly lassoed up for the federales.

Yes, I watch a lot of old westerns....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Paleo in France is not easy, hoboy. Last night a friend asked what I wanted to eat for her party tonight. I said I'll eat anything but bread or sugar, though alcohol is ok cause it's the weekend. (I treat myself every couple Saturdays or so.) I also offered to bring a meat dish. So she goes, "Ok, we'll do pizza and chips. Don't worry about food." I thought she was kidding, because she knows I like to eat healthy. Then I asked today and she was serious. "I didn't get the link between pizza and bread." HEADDESK. I feel like a dick for being difficult, but last night she insisted on making sure that I'd have stuff to enjoy. So idk. Pounding back a steak and spinach before heading over now.

maybe i'm just square... but i love it when women use this expression... hahaha... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

But....but, scar. You could make up a badass story to go along with it, like how this one time in Mexico you had to save your hubby from knife wielding banditos and one of them got too close and nicked you. Although the sorry lot of them were done for afterwards. All neatly lassoed up for the federales.

This is a good point.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Women aren't too keen on boob scars, even if they do come with a badass story. Just sayin' ;)

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Sorry about the long delay in a response, I lost this thread. You're right that workouts can be shortened, the added time is mostly for rest. I setup a challenge for myself to increase my 5RM working weights in Squats, Deadlifts, and Bench to 315, 365, and 225 respectively. I also, however, setup a goal to squat 225 for 25 reps, deadlift 315 for 20 reps, and bench 185 for 15 reps. I could train for both of those in the same day with adequate time, but I would want more time for rest and recovery between sets to do so.

I am a big fan of circuit work, but it owuld make it much harder to train at my heaviest weights in that format.

IDDQD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Challenge

Race: MALIETOA

Class: WARRIOR

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

On day 4 of Whole30, suddenly feeling like crap and totally craving a chocolate-frosted donut. Guess what was on the counter in a big-ass Dunkin Donuts box when I got to work?

You suck, Fate. I hear you laughing at me.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

I've got a one or two of these, mostly really small, on my upper back and shoulders. I've had 2 get infected, one was lanced and drained, the other had to be cut out, it was like a marble of fat! I have a little scar on my back from that, like a stab wound, and a bit of a hollow in the muscle from where it was. But it's on my back, and I don't care, but then I'm a guy and it's more acceptable to have scars.