Forums are back in action! ×

The ARGH Thread

I only read that one small part because you TOLD me to. It's Book's fault. He used his age and wisdom to influence me! *points finger at Book*

Lulu, you *define* the rubber arm.

Here's my Argh. Just finished a big workout... heavy lifts. I sit down for a moment to check the Forums, and 45 minutes later I realize I didn't stretch, and almost scream when I try to stand up. IT'S EVERYONE HERE'S FAULT! :)

Here's my Argh. Just finished a big workout... heavy lifts. I sit down for a moment to check the Forums, and 45 minutes later I realize I didn't stretch, and almost scream when I try to stand up. IT'S EVERYONE HERE'S FAULT! :)

Yep, pretty much. Especially me. We're just soooo entertaining! And by "we" I mean me ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2120[/ATTACH]

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Lulu, you *define* the rubber arm.

So glad I'm not the only one that does that, either! Did you waddle? Hahaha!

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

ARGH of the day: battery in my smoke detector got low at 3AM. CHIRP. CHIRP. Quite an effective sleep disruptor.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

ARGH! I have a cold. Just in time for the weekend. Looks like it's going to be beautiful weather out, too. Great.

Uh... just guys asking? I'm thinking you may have the wrong reason.

Heh! I hope that's the reason, that would be nice!

But no... I seem to just be around guys a lot of the time. Drop a barbell on my face in the free weights area, six guys and one other lady there, a guy asks if I'm okay. Fly ball to the head at baseball practice, only guys there, everyone asks if I'm okay. Fall off my bike, male cyclist passing, asks if I'm okay. Feel faint at sword practice, the one other woman there is doing drills, one of the male instructors asks if I'm okay. :)

...yes, I am a complete klutz, and hang out mostly with guys. Ironically, the activity I do which has the most women is the tabletop roleplaying group.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Another ARGH! I'm trying really hard to respect the "Men ONLY please" thread, but it's so hard! I want to know what's going on in there! *weep* :P

Ahahaha....you really wanna know all their secrets??

I know it's tempting...so tempting...

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

No, you really don't. The truth is nowhere near as interesting as you think it might be. Keep a little mystery in the world, you already know how lame we guys are most of the time. :)

And THAT'S why I haven't snooped ;)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest Snake McClain

Two things to say. I read through this really fast and didn't catch whobsaid what but 1. A cuddle buddy is a great idea and I'm jealous of that person. 2. You don't really want to know the stuff in the men only thread. Some of it is highly personal and some of it is just meaningless talk. Nothing that exciting.

My ARGH lately is my 30% bf. I'm obsessed over it. It's ridiculous. I just need to take a xanax or something and chill the eff out about it...as if I don't have enough other things to worry about right now!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Guest Snake McClain

my argh is in wrestling i can't seem to land the hip toss right withough landing really badly or smashing up my heel/ankle. Totally effing it up and it has me close to quitting. If i can't get this simple move then i literally cannot be a wrestler. so....i have to get it. its tough.

edit: I actually was doing so bad and got so frustrated i almost had to step out of the ring and go out side to cry. Not because it hut but because i was so frustrated. Yeah i'm kind of a baby like that.

frustration can build up like that. Nothing babiesh about, your body gets added stress from workout and then on top you pile frustration.

find some stress release or something to rebuild your confidence. in 2 weeks you'll probably find yourself doing a perfect one and you wonder what the fuss was. but right now the frustration makes it into a really bad thing.

my argh is that I have to take a full week of rest, no gym. i'm a bit afraid as this is the first break i've taken since I have been solidly hooked on 3 days a week. and after this week a slow recovery strategy is starting. bah / argh and lots more expletives, I want to go to the gym tonight.

Ahahaha....you really wanna know all their secrets??

I know it's tempting...so tempting...

Not the secrets so much... just wanna "hang." I've spent a lot of time on fishing boats and with crews of men, so I'm sure it's nothing I haven't heard before... after the first week or two straight you're just one of the guys O.o

No, you really don't. The truth is nowhere near as interesting as you think it might be. Keep a little mystery in the world, you already know how lame we guys are most of the time. :)

And yes, guys may be lame sometimes... or even a lot of the time, but in my experience it's hard to get guys to communicate much to me, so it might still be fun for me to see guys talking *gasp!*

my argh is in wrestling i can't seem to land the hip toss right withough landing really badly or smashing up my heel/ankle. Totally effing it up and it has me close to quitting. If i can't get this simple move then i literally cannot be a wrestler. so....i have to get it. its tough.

edit: I actually was doing so bad and got so frustrated i almost had to step out of the ring and go out side to cry. Not because it hut but because i was so frustrated. Yeah i'm kind of a baby like that.

I cry from frustration soon than I cry from hurt or sadness. It's rough, but no shame in that!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

I know what you mean about "hanging." I'm the same way...more guy friends than female friends, worked with a bunch of dirty old men when I was younger so I can keep up with the filthy jokes, etc. I've always felt more like "one of the guys" - my husband's friend had a New Year's party a few years back and all the women (except me) were upstairs talking about their husbands and babies and shit....I was downstairs kicking @ss at Rock Band!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I know what you mean about "hanging." I'm the same way...more guy friends than female friends, worked with a bunch of dirty old men when I was younger so I can keep up with the filthy jokes, etc. I've always felt more like "one of the guys" - my husband's friend had a New Year's party a few years back and all the women (except me) were upstairs talking about their husbands and babies and shit....I was downstairs kicking @ss at Rock Band!

Well done, I kind of suck at Rock Band, but I like to hang with the guys regardless. Only problem is that I don't really have many guy friends in Portland yet, so most of my hang out time ends up being with girls. I miss male banter.

Major ARGH already today. I 've been studying for my GRE for a couple months now. It's scheduled for March 21st. Soon after that, I'm leaving the country for my mom's 60th birthday party, and will be gone for a week. Today I got an email saying that the testing center is being relocated and so they've rescheduled my test. See where this is going? you guessed it - without asking or notifying me, they've rescheduled it for the middle of the week I'll be away in the States.

So I go to try and reschedule it. There's an online form, which wants to charge me $50 to reschedule. Uhhhh, no, that's complately unacceptable, actually. And there's a phone number for a contact center in the Netherlands, which isn't working. Sigh. I'll call again Monday.

What a pain in the butt.

Pain is the feeling of weakness leaving the body.

Blog | Pinterest | Fitocracy

Major ARGH already today. I 've been studying for my GRE for a couple months now. It's scheduled for March 21st. Soon after that, I'm leaving the country for my mom's 60th birthday party, and will be gone for a week. Today I got an email saying that the testing center is being relocated and so they've rescheduled my test. See where this is going? you guessed it - without asking or notifying me, they've rescheduled it for the middle of the week I'll be away in the States.

So I go to try and reschedule it. There's an online form, which wants to charge me $50 to reschedule. Uhhhh, no, that's complately unacceptable, actually. And there's a phone number for a contact center in the Netherlands, which isn't working. Sigh. I'll call again Monday.

What a pain in the butt.

Taking the GRE? Are you thinking about coming back to the states for grad school? Or is it in wider use now? Let's see... I would have taken that in, 1997.

What a pain in the butt.

ARGH!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8