Forums are back in action! ×

Frog Stand: done

I just did my first frog stand. Now, don't get me wrong, i've done a "frog stand" before. That was mostly me balancing precariously on my hands and falling over. For some reason it clicked today when I followed the gymnastics links off Steve's main page post and saw that the idea was to put my hands right in front of my toes first. I was never doing that before. Starting in the wrong position mucked it all up. Moving them back and leaning in slightly made it easy for my body to make the connection between my feet and my hands. I held it for a few (15 seconds or so) and got out because I was worried it might strain my shoulder.

All is all, a nerd fitness win.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

Strain your shoulder? Are you sure you had the form right?

There should be very little load on any joint but the wrists in a basic frog stand, you basically balance on your bent elbows, loading your forearms from the end. It is, above all else, a wrist conditioning/strengthening exercise (a damn good one too, everybody should be doing frog stands).

Straight arm advanced frog stands (and their close relatives tuck planches) are a totally different story however.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!