Forums are back in action! ×

Said No, Feel Great

Congrats!! Free food is SO HARD to turn down - someone here brings in bagels and muffins on alternating Mondays and the muffins are from an absolutely amazing bakery - they get bran ones too (healthy, right? HA), carrot/apple, etc. etc. There are always too many muffins so Muffin Monday becomes Muffin Tuesday, Muffin Wednesday, and today we have one lone, lonely Muffin Thursday survivor remaining on the kitchen counter... it gets easier though... I guess. :D

I at the very least pass on anything with Hydrogenated Oils in it. I guess I do accept a little cake or ice cream now and again xP

Half-Demon Adventurer (Hoping to become an Assassin)Fitocracy |Twitter

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17

That is incredibly awesome, congrats!

you want to hear some work-related food insanity? I've had a bunch of Skittles, M&Ms and easter candy (including Dove chocolate eggs) sitting ON MY DESK for over a month and haven't yet been tempted to dip into them. Why do I have candy jars on my desk, you ask? Eh, it's one of those Office Space kind of deals you'd have to be part of the company to understand. I somehow got saddled with departmental candy-jar maintenance when my former boss left the company. If I don't refill them regularly, the whining levels rapidly violate my annoyance threshhold. I absolutely agree, it's amazing what quitting sugar cold turkey can do for the taste buds. If I'd had to maintain these bad boys six months ago it would have been to my sweet, sugary doom.

Wow, there are fancy ones too. Plain ones are easier to pass up than fancy ones. Way to go!!!!

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

— Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love