Forums are back in action! ×

Hi, I just recently found your website and community.

About 4 years ago I was in this fitness crazy and weighed 25kg less than I do now. In that period I lost my job and basicly everything around it, so I got in a bit of a depression and gained a lot of weigth again.

After that I managed to buid up my carreer, only there was no time anymore to even think about myself in general.

Time to change that, I gained even more weigth last year while my carreer is doing great, and I thought that if I want to keep doing my work I better start take better care of myself fast. Now I got a couple of days off so I can regroup a bit and try to keep working and taking better care of myself all at the same time in the coming period :)

So I stumbled upon this site, and ofcourse the whole nerd thing gets me attracted since I am a huge geek. I bought your Rebel Fitness Guide, so I got a lot of reading to do :)

Cheers!

Welcome Roboin!

I think a lot of us here, including me, can empathize with letting setbacks in our lives affect our fitness lifestyles. My personal issue is emotional eating. If something was getting me down (and I let a lot get me down over the last 8 years or so) I would eat and eat and eat until the feeling of being stuffed to the gills would soothe me.

And yes... finding time in a busy lifestyle can make things hard. I've got 5 kids and a full career, so it's challenging. Every once in a while I see an "optimum time of day to work out" thread in here, and it makes me chuckle. Right now it's 6:48 am, and I'm trying to fit in a few sets of incline bench press before my kids wake up and I have to rush to get everyone off to school and myself off to work (yes, I post on NF during a workout. There are worse ways to spend the time between sets :) )

So welcome! This is a great group of very supportive people (some crazier than others) and I think you can really enjoy it here.

Welcome! You've taken the hardest first step, which is deciding that you want to make a change. The second-hardest step comes next: figuring out your goals and designing a plan to get there :)

Browse the forums for random suggestions and advice; and feel free to ask questions!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Welcome! I haven't bought any of the fitness guides yet, but I'd like to get around to reading them eventually. I was at my heaviest about this time last year because I was without work and kind of depressed also. I spent a lot time on the couch... and a lot of time making baked goods. Not a great combination. I know I'm going to be really busy with work in the summer, but I'm really hoping I can manage to keep up the progress I've made so far this year. Anyways, enough about me. We're glad to have you here, good luck!

This is a great group of very supportive people (some crazier than others) and I think you can really enjoy it here.

Also, I can only think that the phrase in parentheses is directed at me... :P

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Ok, I finally read everything and had time to do some working out :)

I did the Level one rookie workout A. I couldn't really find anything to do the step-ups on (I do still have my, ever dus collecting, wii balance board) and the Planks where just near impossible.

Yes, I'm THAT out of shape :)

I didn't continue with the 10 min of cardio, since I was so disappointed with myself.

This is gonna be one big bumpy ride.

Ok, I finally read everything and had time to do some working out :)

I did the Level one rookie workout A. I couldn't really find anything to do the step-ups on (I do still have my, ever dus collecting, wii balance board) and the Planks where just near impossible.

Yes, I'm THAT out of shape :)

I didn't continue with the 10 min of cardio, since I was so disappointed with myself.

This is gonna be one big bumpy ride.

You WEREN'T on the couch... You did SOMEthing. It counts. Pat yourself on the back. 3 months ago I finally got up and I could barely finish 60 sec of jogging (I was doing run/walk intervals), today I jogged 2.5 miles without stopping. Yes, I have friends that can do more, Yes, I know to some that's not a huge deal. To me, it's huge. Celebrate the small wins. I'm sure you can out-plank me!!

~Tanya~