Forums are back in action! ×

Dear person whose cocker spaniel I saved from traffic last night...

I really wish you had microchipped your dog. If you'd chipped him (come on, it's cheap!) he would have been home last night instead of howling and barking all night in the crate we had to set up in the living room.

Oh yeah, and I know he's beautiful and all, but maybe you could have neutered him, too. Then maybe my younger dog wouldn't be muzzled right now; he usually likes other dogs but your constantly-humping-him dog in his own house is just a little too much for my guy. My older, smaller dog figured out that if he climbed up on a box, your dog would stop trying to mount him. He's pretty much peed on everything on my patio, including the brand new grill, but I don't blame him for that. I blame you for not neutering him. :P Is he a show dog? A stud dog? Then maybe you could have spent $25 for a microchip.

And he pees when he gets excited... everywhere.

Oh, and thanks for the fleas, too! Those were an extra-special touch. I'm looking forward to treating my house once your dog goes home.

If he ever goes home.

You WILL call me or email me, right?

I mean, I posted flyers, left our info at the shelters, posted on craigslist twice in English and Spanish, took your dog to 4 different local groomers hoping someone would recognize him...

If this was my dog, I would not have rested today until I found him. And I'm pretty sure you don't want me to take him to our overflowing Los Angeles shelter system where purebred dogs are a dime a dozen and if no one adopts them, they're euthanized in a matter of days.

I really like your dog. :( He's really sweet. And he's GORGEOUS. And I'm glad the other passerby and I were able to lure him into a slip leash so he didn't get run over. But I really need him to go home now, okay? :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2315[/ATTACH]

post-5591-13567243452915_thumb.jpg

post-5591-13567243452915_thumb.jpg

Thanks Lulu... I love dogs, I'm a total dog person, but I really want this guy to go home and I'm getting anxious that so far, there hasn't been a single clue about his owner. :( We had a really stormy rainy weekend in L.A. and I can tell he probably got out after it because he's so clean (which means the fleas have been there for a while :P ) and he was definitely recently professionally groomed. He's super-sweet and I can tell he wants to go home.

My biggest fear is that, this being Los Angeles, the owner doesn't speak English and doesn't use the internet. Eeep...!

:( Yeah, I'm a total animal person in general... I was feeding "feral" cats in my last neighborhood... and couldn't even bear to squish the slugs I picked out of my garden boxes this weekend. I don't have anything planted yet, so I couldn't be mad at them for destroying anything.

It WOULD seem like a beloved family pet's owners would start looking for it immediately, so I can see how you would be nervous. It's hard to think about, but if they don't come for him soon, he's not your responsibility, so as much sympathy as you have for him, you'll have to do what's best for your family =/

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

It's hard to think about, but if they don't come for him soon, he's not your responsibility, so as much sympathy as you have for him, you'll have to do what's best for your family =/

I'm positive that if his owners don't show up (and I guess I just have to decide how long to give it - it's only been 24 hours), there are breed rescues who would take him. I'm no expert but I can say he's a really gorgeous purebred Cocker and other than the humping he's really well-behaved. He stays under my chair a lot (he's anxious and sad). Someone will take him, but man, he really needs to be neutered. I don't know how people live with unaltered male dogs. :P

Yep, definitely an American Cocker (I think the English Cockers are prettier :P). And we always had our dogs altered, male or female.... if you're not PLANNING to breed them, then it just becomes a hassle. I think my aunt and uncle finally learned this one... four accidental litters of mini Aussies later...

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Thats really admirable that you took the dog in and its such a cutie. I hope you find its owners soon! I'm 100% for getting dogs microchipped and seeing as I work with greyhounds in the UK and how many of them can run off the lead and out of sight in an instant, I know first hand how many are re-united with their owners just from the vet scanning for a chip. Fingers cross he gets home soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

Have you tried calling the local radio stations? Ours do announcements of lost and found pets almost every day, and the owners or finders call the station who gets them in touch with the other party.

It's great because it reaches a huge area of listeners.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Man all I can think about is a sad Sarah McLaughlin song playing. Kudos for taking that poor lost pup in

If I catch that commercial coming on I have to hurdle the furniture to change the channel. Otherwise my 8yr. old son spends the next 15 min. bawling in my lap and asking me why the doggies and kitties are in jail, why no one loves them, why would someone hurt an animal, etc.

He doesn't have near this kind of compassion for people, so I'm thinking I might have a vet in the family one day...or a grown child that hoards animals.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

If I catch that commercial coming on I have to hurdle the furniture to change the channel. Otherwise my 8yr. old son spends the next 15 min. bawling in my lap and asking me why the doggies and kitties are in jail, why no one loves them, why would someone hurt an animal, etc.

He doesn't have near this kind of compassion for people, so I'm thinking I might have a vet in the family one day...or a grown child that hoards animals.

I'm the same way.... I can watch the ones for the children in Africa and be a bit sad, but fine, but when the poor animals come on... brings a tear to my eye. And if I'm PMSing, the tears stream down my face... not gonna lie.

I hope you find his owners. I'd be worried sick if something happened to one of my dogs... maybe you should put flyers in Spanish too (if you haven't done so, I understood that you only posted on craigslist in Spanish). he's a very cute dog, he must be missing his home. I'm glad you're taking such good care of him!

Thanks guys - he is a REALLY sweet dog! Instead of putting him in the oversized crate in the living room again last night we put him in my younger dog's crate in our bedroom (that guy sleeps with me anyway) and tucked him in with some Benadryl and tryptophan. He cried for a while but then settled down and was quiet for the rest of the night. Chicken has gone a long way toward earning his trust (I usually keep pounds of it pre-cooked and sliced in the fridge - thanks primal diet!).

My dogs are also getting along with him a little better and I was able to un-muzzle my younger guy (who's not really a jerk, he just didn't know how to deal with Mr. I'm Intact) and they can all be in the same room together which eases some of the insanity. The New Guy is starting to learn that my dogs won't tolerate the humping. Although, my 7lb fluffy White Wookie, Mr. Aleister Growley, got pretty fired up when New Guy was trying to hump Mr. Barley von Soda last night and every time poor Barley turned away from New Guy, Mr. Growley would start in with the humping.

I still haven't heard from his owner and I had to go to work today and have an appointment with my trainer at 7 (and tomorrow), so all efforts will have to be online until this weekend when I can get some more flyers out.

Here are some more pictures - this guy is unbelievably adorable and sweet, and I really hope his owner isn't a backyard breeder or something nefarious.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2323[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH=CONFIG]2324[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH=CONFIG]2325[/ATTACH]

post-5591-13567243456922_thumb.jpg

post-5591-1356724345745_thumb.jpg

post-5591-13567243457963_thumb.jpg

So precious. Kudos to you. Nothing angers me more than animal cruelty or abandonment.

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis