Forums are back in action! ×

If you could live anywhere in the US...

Where would you live? And why?

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I might wind up in a situation where I'll be able to move...well...anywhere. I haven't done too much traveling (only in the New England area, Colorado, California, and Ohio) so I was hoping to draw upon other folks' experiences.

Thanks!

I've lived a lot of places. Place I miss the most: NM (not the same as AZ!). Places I would probably miss if I could remember living there (was too small): Wyoming and Utah. Place I'm often surprised I miss: Ohio on the WVA border.

Places I would live in a heartbeat: northern CA coast - waaaaaaaayyyy up there in Eureka, Portland, Seattle, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Vermont.

Theme: awesomeness of the outdoors (I hate being inside), comfortable weather much of the year (I don't mind bits of rain), some winter (snowshoes!), summers tolerable. Less people. Awesome animals.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Texas. Because it's awesome. :D

TEXANS! Always thinking their state is the best!! Sheesh!

J/K BigM, I'm in Louisiana, so we get all the fallout from Texas tourism ads, lol.

Where would I live? Not here...there are no seasons! We get pollen (now), rain, drought and more rain.

I've always thought Alaska would be a nice place to live...also new Zealand. DOH! came back after coffee and saw this was just the US...Alaska it is, then!

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

Currently living in the Boston area, and loving it. But if money were no object, NYC. It has an energy and vitality that doesn't exist anyplace else on earth. I love it with a deep and abiding passion, and look forward to retiring to a little one-bedroom apartment somewhere in Manhattan so I can be right in the thick of everything. For now, though, with kids in school, and limited funds, where we are is the right place for us.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Kona. But that's only happening if I turn into a half-a-billionaire tonight.

The right half or left half?

I saw a mountain bike show the other day and Sedona AZ looked pretty cool. That being said, Canada is still my 1st choice.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I'd love to move back to Alaska to be near my family, but I'm nowhere near doing that right now. At this point if I moved somewhere else in the U.S. I think I'd probably move to North Carolina. I've got some family on the East coast and have always liked NC the best of the places I've gone over there. And there's an internship at a zoo/conservation center that I've been looking at for a few years. I think it'd be fun :)

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ideally I'd like to live in a place with a fairly mild summer - I can deal with cold better than heat. Denver/Boulder had beautiful weather when I was there, so did San Francisco. However if I'm actually moving I'll need to plan to move someplace where the price of living is low so most major cities are probably out of the picture.

Texas does seem pretty awesome. I would love to live in Austin.

Not Edinburg? That way you could take your test :P

Also Kona would be pretty awesome...but it's so far away from everything. Would make traveling a bear.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Well, I do love Chicago. We have all 4 seasons, so when the snow melts, you appreciate the smells and changes of spring. Then you appreciate the sun's warmth... then the crisp autumn air, and the beauty of the snow. There's so much going on downtown, yet the suburbs are nice and not too far, either. Plus, you've got Lake Michigan for all your boating/swimming/nautical desires - it's almost as good as the ocean! ;) There's a big part of me that thinks I could never leave...

But then again, if money were no object, I'd go settle in Hawaii somewhere. I love the island lifestyle. Can't beat the weather either, although I think I'd have to come back here for Christmas for the true cold/snowy Christmas effect!